Do you think Scott Snyder writes a great Superman?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Scott certainly thinks so and he said most Superman fans think the same. A friend of mine told me that he spoke to Scott Snyder about his Superman and that Snyder was shocked that there was someone who didn't think he writes a good Superman.

I was going to save this for Superman fans only, but I want to hear what all of the vine has to say about this. My buddy and I have an axe to grind, we don't enjoy reading Batman and Scott has an propensity to write shove him down our throats, so I ask you all, the largely unbiased masses: what do you think of Scott Snyder's Superman(both in Unchained and in Endgame).

Me, personally, I don't like it. Scott only uses Superman to make Batman looks cooler. He writes a Superman book where Batman has to hold Superman's hands along the way, but in his Batman book, Superman doesn't get the same kind of treatment. Instead, he, along with the rest of the Justice League, are plot devices that need to be vanquished.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus, his Superman us so bland and forgettable it makes Lobdell look brilliant.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Meh..I think Scott Snyder Superman is better than Lobdell. But to say Superman Unchained is great is definitely no because the story is average at best. However see the dynamic of DC Trinity in Superman Unchained is great. So many great moments like Superman vs Wraith, Superman stop tsunami, Superman stop rocket missle, Batman and Wonder Woman vs Wraith in Batcave, Superman save people in the satellite etc

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus at the end when young Clark Kent not let the guy who want to kill him die is very powerful scene. You cannot deny that

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By _Mongul

He's writes a good-not-great Superman.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

No. Just no.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

When I think of a "great Superman" I think of. Joe. Kelly, Mark Schultz, All Star, Mark Waid and even now Greg Pak. Snyder is just barely passable when writing Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like his Superman in Unchained, I hate his Batman a lot.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is he? This isn't like him. Why hasn't he posted on here yet? He should have posted on here already. I hope he will post on here soon.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard
@humanrocket said:

Where is he? This isn't like him. Why hasn't he posted on here yet? He should have posted on here already. I hope he will post on here soon.

I think he writes a sterile Superman. One that's just going through the motions of being a hero. He's either serious or mad in that series (with a few exceptions). Nothing he does makes me think Superman. One of the things I heard his Superman got praise for was that he was trying to show he's not a boy scout and not ready for everything, I never got that (or it wasn't as well done as it is in Pak's). Doesn't help that his villain was predictable, boring and a jobber. If what people like G-Man say are true, and his Superman is as close to the Pre-52 Superman, then I'd rather not go back and read any of those stories if that's what I have to look forward too.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh..I think Scott Snyder Superman is better than Lobdell. But to say Superman Unchained is great is definitely no because the story is average at best. However see the dynamic of DC Trinity in Superman Unchained is great. So many great moments like Superman vs Wraith, Superman stop tsunami, Superman stop rocket missle, Batman and Wonder Woman vs Wraith in Batcave, Superman save people in the satellite etc

Most of that is thanks to Jim Lee's talent.

@sog7dc said:

When I think of a "great Superman" I think of. Joe. Kelly, Mark Schultz, All Star, Mark Waid and even now Greg Pak. Snyder is just barely passable when writing Superman.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HumanRocket

^There he is. The hero that comicvine didn't ask for but I guess we'll take him .

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@saint_wildcard: you don't like the moment when young Clark Kent not let the guy who want to kill him die ? That is very powerful scene

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he had awesome fight scenes and the rest of his superman was just ok

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: you don't like the moment when young Clark Kent not let the guy who want to kill him die ? That is very powerful scene

IDK how to feel about that moment. It's powerful but young Clark came off really arrogant. It could have been written better but overall it was a good moment. But some good moments don't make up for how lack luster the series was IMO.

@benk111 said:

he had awesome fight scenes and the rest of his superman was just ok

One could argue that Scott choreographed the fights in the writing but most of it is Jim Lee

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was average.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think the best written superman is the superman written as dead.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ariesxmasters

Decent.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points