Edited 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Do You Think Miles Morales Will Be Spiderman In The Next Movie Reboot? (57 votes)

Yes 11%
No 56%
I hope so! But i'm not sure 23%
I hope not! But i'm not sure 11%

I personally think that this will definitely be happening. I would really like to see them tackle his origin.

#1 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I love pictures like this.

And this. Lol

I miss pete!!!

#2 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1027 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker IS Spider-Man so I'm gonna go with NO.

#3 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

lol so is Miles Morales. I think its inevitable. If directors are going as far as thinking of changing Johnny Storm's race from white to black. What's stopping Sony from thinking of using Miles Morales? After all he is an actual black character. Add the fact that he has an entirely different origin and story which could revitalize the character on the big screen. All leads me to believe that this will be inevitable. I can guarantee that if this happens, they will sell boatloads of tickets.

#4 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

lol So is Miles Morales. I think its inevitable. If directors are going as far as thinking of changing Johnny Storm's race from white to black. What's stopping Sony from thinking of using Miles Morales? After all he is an actual black character. Add the fact that he has an entirely different origin and story. And it leads me to believe that this will be inevitable.

There is a bigger market to make money if they stick to using Peter. And at the end of the day, the studio wants to make money, and people want Peter in the movies, not Miles. Not saying he couldn't make a cameo, but realistically, doing this to be PC is just a stupid stunt given that the only property Sony owns is Spider-Man. You'd lose more than you could gain by doing this. If they want to keep making money, Peter is who is needed.

#5 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@novi_homines said:
@jack_donaghy said:

lol So is Miles Morales. I think its inevitable. If directors are going as far as thinking of changing Johnny Storm's race from white to black. What's stopping Sony from thinking of using Miles Morales? After all he is an actual black character. Add the fact that he has an entirely different origin and story. And it leads me to believe that this will be inevitable.

There is a bigger market to make money if they stick to using Peter. And at the end of the day, the studio wants to make money, and people want Peter in the movies, not Miles. Not saying he couldn't make a cameo, but realistically, doing this to be PC is just a stupid stunt given that the only property Sony owns is Spider-Man. You'd lose more than you could gain by doing this. If they want to keep making money, Peter is who is needed.

I disagree. Peter has been done twice already. We're headed into the filming of the second movie of the reboot and people don't even seem to be too excited for it (even though I am). If they do the reboot i'm guessing they'll have yet another origin story where uncle ben dies, "with great power comes great responsibility" gets said, and peter draws his costume yet again. The Amazing Spiderman didn't do too well at the box office, selling less than all 3 of the spiderman films in the previous trilogy (yes, even less than spiderman 3). These numbers will only get worse if peter is used for a 3rd time in a new reboot. People are a little tired with his story. Give peter a break. Simply use miles next trilogy, and come back with peter the trilogy after. I think its definitely safe to say that movie will gain much more hype and attention if they use miles. Simply for bringing something new to the table.

#6 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1027 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: It did worse than the other Spider-Man movies because it was a reboot of a series that only ended 5 years ago, and was coming off a very disappointing Spider-Man 3. I wouldn't use that as a sign of Peter Parker's declining popularity, and Peter as Spider-Man is such an iconic figure do you really think people wouldn't have a problem if he was replaced?

#7 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: It did worse than the other Spider-Man movies because it was a reboot of a series that only ended 5 years ago, and was coming off a very disappointing Spider-Man 3. I wouldn't use that as a sign of Peter Parker's declining popularity, and Peter as Spider-Man is such an iconic figure do you really think people wouldn't have a problem if he was replaced?

You can rationalize however you'd like, i'm just saying that this is how Sony will view this. Sales have been declining , how can we reinvigorate the series, miles. And with hollywood in general looking to cover more of the minority side when film making, I don't understand why this would come as a surprise to some people. An african american comedian ,Donald Glover, wanted to play spiderman in the reboot. It didn't happen because spiderman isn't african american. But it was a huge deal on the internet at the time, much like the johnny storm situation now. But then an african american spiderman got created, was Glover a reason for this? who knows. But now that there is one, I think they would definitely entertain the thought of transferring the character into live action.

#8 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree. Peter has been done twice already. We're headed into the filming of the second movie of the reboot and people don't even seem to be too excited for it (even though I am). If they do the reboot i'm guessing they'll have yet another origin story where uncle ben dies, "with great power comes great responsibility" gets said, and peter draws his costume yet again. The Amazing Spiderman didn't do too well at the box office, selling less than all 3 of the spiderman films in the previous trilogy (yes, even less than spiderman 3). These numbers will only decrease if peter is used for a 3rd time in a new reboot. People are a little tired with his story. Give peter a break. Simply use miles next trilogy, and come back with peter the trilogy after. I think its definitely safe to say that movie will gain much more hype and attention if they use miles.

Miles doesn't have the fan base to support him being in his own movie trilogy. He isn't known by the populace outside us comic readers thus he will not bring in nearly as much as Peter could. You are implying that Miles would be well received by everyone if he had a movie chance. I don't see that happening simply cause he lacks the brand recognition that Peter has. Plus Peter has years of stories and supporting characters to pull from in two universe. That's something critical that Miles lacks. Hell Miles's supporting cast is extremely limited to like 5-6 people, and that's not including those he gained cause of Peter's Legacy. Think about it: With Peter, you get plenty of options with Villains and characters ranging from Osborne, Doc Ock, Kraven, Venom, Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborne, etc. Miles lacks all that. What does Miles bring to the table that Peter couldn't do and have more ideas to run with? Nothing. Putting Miles in simply because he's black or cause it would shake things up is a waste when have a ton of unused ideas like the Death of Gwen Stacy, Kraven, and the Sinister Six. Those things haven't been done, and could make for great movies given the right director and script.

Miles is a Legacy character. He is a product of Peter's legacy, and why you would need Peter to even get Miles. So again, Peter brings more to the table and financially, he will sell cause he is the brand.

#9 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man still made a ton of money. People love Pete, I'm attached to him myself, Miles I'm a little iffy on since I haven't read anything with him yet.

#10 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Donald Glover talked about this during his stand up on comedy central. Pretty funny stuff.

#11 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

I disagree. Peter has been done twice already. We're headed into the filming of the second movie of the reboot and people don't even seem to be too excited for it (even though I am). If they do the reboot i'm guessing they'll have yet another origin story where uncle ben dies, "with great power comes great responsibility" gets said, and peter draws his costume yet again. The Amazing Spiderman didn't do too well at the box office, selling less than all 3 of the spiderman films in the previous trilogy (yes, even less than spiderman 3). These numbers will only decrease if peter is used for a 3rd time in a new reboot. People are a little tired with his story. Give peter a break. Simply use miles next trilogy, and come back with peter the trilogy after. I think its definitely safe to say that movie will gain much more hype and attention if they use miles.

Miles doesn't have the fan base to support him being in his own movie trilogy. He isn't known by the populace outside us comic readers thus he will not bring in nearly as much as Peter could. You are implying that Miles would be well received by everyone if he had a movie chance. I don't see that happening simply cause he lacks the brand recognition that Peter has. Plus Peter has years of stories and supporting characters to pull from in two universe. That's something critical that Miles lacks. Hell Miles's supporting cast is extremely limited to like 5-6 people, and that's not including those he gained cause of Peter's Legacy. Think about it: With Peter, you get plenty of options with Villains and characters ranging from Osborne, Doc Ock, Kraven, Venom, Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborne, etc. Miles lacks all that. What does Miles bring to the table that Peter couldn't do and have more ideas to run with? Nothing. Putting Miles in simply because he's black or cause it would shake things up is a waste when have a ton of unused ideas like the Death of Gwen Stacy, Kraven, and the Sinister Six. Those things haven't been done, and could make for great movies given the right director and script.

Miles is a Legacy character. He is a product of Peter's legacy, and why you would need Peter to even get Miles. So again, Peter brings more to the table and financially, he will sell cause he is the brand.

I understand that, and i've thought about it. But you have to understand that the reboot will be in discussion at least 6 years from now. 6 years of comic material is a long time. Miles is already nearing the end of his origin, and that's all they would need for the first movie. By that time he would have his origin finished plus a myriad of different stories for the director to use. Also, peter died in the ultimate universe. Everyone didn't just disappear. Gwen is still there, so is mary jane, aunt may and other supporting characters. All of which have some sort of relationship with miles. As far as villains go, miles has already been introduced to a handful of villains from scorpion, and venom, to new ones like the prowler. And again, these are all at this point in time. By the time the reboot begins to get discussed years from now, Miles would have plenty of material and stories to use.

#12 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand that, and i've thought about it. But you have to understand that the reboot will be in discussion at least 6 years from now. 6 years of comic material is a long time. Miles is already nearing the end of his origin, and that's all they would need for the first movie. By that time he would have his origin finished plus a myriad of different stories for the director to use. Also, peter died in the ultimate universe. Everyone didn't just disappear. Gwen is still there, so is mary jane, aunt may and other supporting characters. All of which have some sort of relationship with miles. As far as villains go, miles has already been introduced to a handful of villains from scorpion, and venom, to new ones like the prowler. And again, these are all at this point in time. By the time the reboot begins to get discussed years from now, Miles would have plenty of material and stories to use.

Yes, but again....He got them cause of Peter's Legacy. Those characters are associated and attached to Peter. Using them in any context without major changes to their stories would still require Peter to have been Spider-Man before Miles. You would have a greater success if Miles branched off of Peter's story like what's happened in the comics. Do the Peter trilogy, but end it like DKR except give Peter his heroic death while you introduce Miles as a replacement. Then you get all of Peter's stuff, and have the recognition the non comic readers would need to get behind him. Plus it would show that Sony has some balls to kill their main character. But we definitely agree that this is all rather moot given that the Amazing trilogy isn't gonna end for a while and Miles needs/could use more time to get a few more stories under his belt.

#13 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@novi

Yes, but again....He got them cause of Peter's Legacy. Those characters are associated and attached to Peter. Using them in any context without major changes to their stories would still require Peter to have been Spider-Man before Miles. You would have a greater success if Miles branched off of Peter's story like what's happened in the comics. Do the Peter trilogy, but end it like DKR except give Peter his heroic death while you introduce Miles as a replacement. Then you get all of Peter's stuff, and have the recognition the non comic readers would need to get behind him. Plus it would show that Sony has some balls to kill their main character. But we definitely agree that this is all rather moot given that the Amazing trilogy isn't gonna end for a while and Miles needs/could use more time to get a few more stories under his belt.

True. If they were to use Peter's characters, they would need to address peter. However an origin story could be done without these characters, simply because as far as the origin story goes, his best friend ganke, his parents, and his uncle (who's a villain), are the only ones that play a major part in the story. But I do agree that adressing peter would be the better way to go for both the understanding for casual viewers, as well as the ability to use all of peter's rich characters.

And that was exactly what I was thinking when I made this thread. Setup a heroic death, and have miles be introduced in the reboot. As long as peter dies at the end of this trilogy, it would create a perfect path for the introduction of Miles. If they decide to go in that direction.

#14 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so but I wouldn't mind seeing it.

#15 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:
@novi

True. If they were to use Peter's characters, they would need to address peter. However an origin story could be done without these characters, simply because as far as the origin story goes, his best friend ganke, his parents, and his uncle (who's a villain), are the only ones that play a major part in the story. But I do agree that adressing peter would be the better way to go for both the understanding for casual viewers, as well as the ability to use all of peter's rich characters.

And that was exactly what I was thinking when I made this thread. Have him die, and have miles be introduced in the reboot. If peter does die at the end of this trilogy, it gives a perfect path to Miles. If they decide to go in that direction.

But it has to be a heroic death that ends with Uncle Ben's spirit telling him: "You did good, son. You did good." or something to that effect.

Lol I'm being picking. But seriouly, his death would definitely have to mean something or else it could backfire and end any chance for Miles. That's why it's not only your best option, but it has the potential to be your worst option too.

#16 Edited by Teerack (6372 posts) - - Show Bio

After AMS movies are done and they get Peter int the Avengers and stuff, I could see an Ultimate Spider-Man movie where Miles takes over.

#17 Posted by PunyParker (11018 posts) - - Show Bio

Our only Peter Parker nowadays is in movies......dont take AND this from us....

#18 Posted by Teerack (6372 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm afraid if they do put Miles in a movie he's going to end up being played by Will Smith's son -_-

#19 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

I'm afraid if they do put Miles in a movie he's going to end up being played by Will Smith's son -_-

Oh dear god! I didn't think about that possibility! And now I hate this idea even more.

#20 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Oh dear god! I didn't think about that possibility! And now I hate this idea even more.

This. I hate how people automatically choose him. I REALLY don't want him to play Miles. Would rather have donald glover do it. After all, he already took a boatload of heat for wanting to do it previously. He deserves the opportunity.

#22 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Our only Peter Parker nowadays is in movies......dont take AND this from us....

Lol I understand. I miss pete too! He was the first series I piced up. I'm not saying Miles would take over, i'm just saying that maybe he could have a trilogy at some point.

#23 Posted by comicace3 (5327 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actually like it if we see miles morales in the spider costume

#24 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: Definitely. I feel it would be fairly easy to pull off though. Whenever a character dies, it usually has a positive effect. It'll be difficult to make people angry after it. As long as they make it heroic, it'll be successful.

#25 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:
@teerack said:

This. I hate how people automatically choose him. I REALLY don't want him to play Miles. Would rather have donald glover do it. After all, he already took a boatload of heat for wanting to do it previously. He deserves the opportunity.

He's way too old. Remember Miles is 13ish. Donald Glover is mild to late 20s. And given that they are aiming for a younger vibe given they are keeping Peter in High School like the Ultimate incarnation, Miles would have to be young as well.

#26 Edited by PunyParker (11018 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: When Pete's back in comics and he has a good tv-series,sure,why not,i hear Miles rocks!....(yeah...i dont read Ultimate.)

#27 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd only be Spider-Man in a film if the general public were quite familiar with him, which I don't think they are at this point, and it's also hard to predict if he ever will be. So if I had to say yes or no, it would probably be no.

#28 Posted by Dabee (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker has too much of an impression on American culture at this point. (It's been around for 70+ years now?)

However, a cameo maybe even before a reboot would be possible (and in my opinion, pretty cool.) Spider-man could run into him, teach him a few things? I don't think movie-goers sans comic readers are familiar enough yet with the character, due to the sheer amount of time Peter Parker has engraved in the universe prior to Miles' very introduction. However, since the movies are already really taking a lot from 616 AND the Ultimate, it wouldn't be impossible that they would merge the two in Spider-Man.

I hope so. :-)

#29 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

I want it to be but wont be and maybe the film can be called the ultimate spiderman

#30 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

____ Glover, I want Based God as spiderman

SWAG
#31 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@novi_homines: When Pete's back in comics and he has a good tv-series,sure,why not,i hear Miles rocks!....(yeah...i dont read Ultimate.)

You should man. His origin is soooo good.

#32 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@teerack said:

He's way too old. Remember Miles is 13ish. Donald Glover is mild to late 20s. And given that they are aiming for a younger vibe given they are keeping Peter in High School like the Ultimate incarnation, Miles would have to be young as well.

Yeah I keep forgetting. Its crazy how much he's been through at such a young age. He's already been through hell and back. He definitely won't be the same wise cracking hero that Peter Parker is.

#33 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:
@novi_homines said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@teerack said:

Yeah I keep forgetting. Its crazy how much he's been through at such a young age. He's already been through hell and back. He definitely won't be the same wise cracking hero that Peter Parker is.

Yep.

#34 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think the should have made Miles the spiderman of The reboot from the get go

#35 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

No way in hell.

#36 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

They should reboot Spider-Man every year, screw character development.

#39 Posted by Teerack (6372 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@novi_homines said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@teerack said:

Yep.

You know that in hollowood it almost a garuntee everyone i playing a character at least 10 years older then they are.... Andrew Garfield is 29 and Tobey Maguire is 37. Both of them played Peter in highschool to xD

#40 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably if they decided to make an Ultimate Spider-Man movie instead of a Spider-Man movie based in the 616 universe. At this rate though, I don't really see it happening since 1) Many fans would be upset to see Peter Parker being replaced by Miles Morales (even if it's a few years down the line) and 2) The movies are mainly being set in the 616 universe (with a few elements from the Ultimate Universe thrown in), so they would have to find a way to connect Miles to Peter Parker before they give him his own movie.

#41 Edited by SliverBat (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea but don't call it a re-boot.

It's a completely different character that is now taking the role of a new Spiderman, It would be cool to somehow showcase how much of an underdog Miles is in the real world. I agree that they need some sort of transitioning to make the change seem logical to the public..

#42 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

This pic always makes me laugh. They both complement each other excellently. I wish pete was back already so they would team up more often.

#43 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

No chance.

#44 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@novi_homines said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@novi_homines said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@teerack said:

Yep.

You know that in hollowood it almost a garuntee everyone i playing a character at least 10 years older then they are.... Andrew Garfield is 29 and Tobey Maguire is 37. Both of them played Peter in highschool to xD

Maguire wasn't a convincing teenager when they did that hence why they raced through all that in the first movie, and Garfield still looks like a teenager.

#45 Posted by PunyParker (11018 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: Maybe......now he has many books so i'm tempted to read em all by once.

#46 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

couldn't Marvel use Miles as Spider-man for the Marvel Cinematic Universe? or does Sony also have his rights???

#47 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy: I'm not entirely sure. But I think that Sony would have the rights of ultimate spiderman as well.

#48 Edited by Legendary_Legacy (1 posts) - - Show Bio

But wouldn't they have to create an alternate universe? The UMCU?

#49 Posted by Farkam (4890 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it will be another white guy.