Do you think it's hard writing characters with super speed?

SymbioteDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SymbioteDude

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a writer, just an ideas-man.

Sorry if the title isn't grammatically correct. What I mean is, when you have a comic book character with super speed, is it hard setting up enemies and situations for them? I've been giving this some though for quite awhile. I like super fast characters but I'm not sure I could keep up with having the bad guys always have a way to negate his/her abilities or have super speed themselves (at least not each and every one of them). Perhaps that sounds lazy but like I said, I'm not much of a writer to begin with.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JMG

It seems that way. If you really think about it being as fast as the Flash puts you at an unbelievable advantage when it come to combat. Also super speed characters tend to have the same personality.

Maybe make a fat, lethargic, downer popping speedster?
That might make the fights more interesting lol

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Not really.

Writers will always power down or power up a character so they can fight each other.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Anbu_B_Team

@fallschirmjager: Agreed. This is why it is so hard to really get a firm grasp on how powerful a character is when comparing feats from writer to writer.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I think so. It's tough to keep track of how much time a fight should take and stuff. That's why you get things like naruto being unable to cover 10 feet in 5 seconds, or flash taking 14 seconds to take down cold. Or wally somehow carrying millions of people 35 miles while under the speed of light.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

It's probably a nightmare. Only a speedster can really fight a speedster. And have it be believable that is. That's why I can't take 90% of Flash's rogues seriously as threats to him.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pokeysteve:

true... most of his rogues shouldn't be a problem