• 70 results
#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1493 posts) - - Show Bio

Could they and would they? I mean they already got Marvel and Lucasfilm it seems like they want everything.

#2 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I predict they buy Nintendo next. Then maybe Hasbro. Soon everything we all loved as children will be under the Disney logo.

#3 Posted by slvr4surfer (80 posts) - - Show Bio

"DC Comics, Inc. (founded in 1934 as National Allied Publications) is one of the largest and most successful companies operating in the market for American comic books and related media. It is the publishing unit of DC Entertainment, a company of Warner Bros. Entertainment, which itself is owned by Time Warner."

"Time Warner Inc. is the world's second largest media company with major Internet, publishing, film, telecommunications and television divisions after Disney."

- Source: Wikipedia brah.

No is the answer to your question. Also: Wikipedia is really interesting.

Have a good one!!

#4 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde: Yep. Then Disney will run the World.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

They could afford it but I doubt Warner's would actually sell it, I'd be more worried about Image and Dark Horse at the moment

#6 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Although he got it from wiki. It's still pretty much right.

Tim Warner would not sell something getting them loads of money to a competitor.

#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather go to hell than have this happen.

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16087 posts) - - Show Bio

Would they try? Yes why wouldn't they. Would they succeed on the other hand..........depends how much money they're offering.....

#9 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Soon they will buy Seasame Street, when the Republicans shut down PBS, Godforbide.

#10 Posted by fragmentmind (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney needs to buy Darkhorse, then Boom, then Me. Disney can BUY me. My price is whatever it is they paid to get marvel. But no, Disney will not buy DC.

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney could buy all of us here.

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

Soon they will buy Seasame Street, when the Republicans shut down PBS, Godforbide.

Actually they already own all of the Muppets including Sesame Street, they simply allow it to remain on PBS

#13 Posted by slvr4surfer (80 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney will simply do as they please.They can buy comicvine for the sake of it and do nothing with it.

#15 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously hope Disney won't continue monopolizing other companies to make more money off them. At least ones I care about...

#16 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

They must stay away from DC.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: Taking DC away from Warner's may be the only way we'll ever see a Flash movie

#18 Posted by Mucklefluga (2513 posts) - - Show Bio

They won't get DC since they have Marvel, they should buy LEGO!

#19 Posted by TheCannon (17897 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they'll buy anything that will make them money.....

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: This is true

#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

And I wouldn't lose my sh*t if they did, because I have common sense.

#22 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

no way warner is going to sell it, they just shelled out millions of dollars to get Laker exclusive coverage

#23 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@xybernauts said:

Actually they already own all of the Muppets including Sesame Street, they simply allow it to remain on PBS

Where did you get that? Nope, Sesame Street is owned by Sesame Workshop. The Jim Henson Company sold the rights to Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie & Bert, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harry Monster, the Yip Yips, the Count, Rosita, Zoe, Snuffulupagus, Barkley, etc to Sesame Workshop in 2001. This was before The Jim Henson Company sold The Muppets to Walt Disney Company, which occured in 2004.

In 2004, The Jim Henson Company sold The Muppets to Walt Disney Company. However, this didn't pertain to those Muppets that appeared on Sesame Street as their rights had already been sold to Sesame Workshop and those that appeared on Fraggle Rock which still belong to The Jim Henson Company.

This quote below is from http://henson.com

Sesame Street
The Jim Henson Company created the original characters from Sesame Street, including Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie & Bert, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harry Monster, the Yip Yips, the Count, Rosita, Zoe, Snuffulupagus, Barkley and many more. In 2001, the rights to these characters were sold to Sesame Workshop.
As it has since the show’s debut in 1969, The Jim Henson Company still creates and builds the puppets used on Sesame Street, but those characters and the show itself are actually owned and run by Sesame Workshop.

@fragmentmind said:

Disney needs to buy Darkhorse, then Boom, then Me. Disney can BUY me. My price is whatever it is they paid to get marvel. But no, Disney will not buy DC.

I agree, and Valiant too.

#24 Posted by Illuminatus (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

No, because there are plenty of animosities between Disney and Time Warner, specifically between the film branch of Disney and Warner Bros. Both have been at constant odds with each other about the future of entertainment and the media, really.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope not!

#26 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops fighting side by side with Mickey mouse!!? that i gotta see!!

#27 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

Disneyland would be pretty damn awesome! Superman, Darth Vader, Wolverine AND Goofy!

I definitely would never leave!

#28 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1493 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#29 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Disney would buy it in a heartbeat, but I doubt that Time Warner would ever sell it. Not even $4 billion is enough, IMO.

With Star Wars and Marvel under its belt, Disney's got more money than God. Eventually, I see Disney buying both Hasbro and Nintendo, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

#30 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what we are going to see next is Disney expanding their gaming market, especially now that they have Lucasarts. Truthfully, if they can they might want to try to snatch up Sega, or the iconic Atari, and any patents they have. I'd be even cheaper then Nintendo. Truthfully, Atari might be the best choice simply because it has props for being one of the first gaming companies. It has this powerful place in history and if Disney could build on that it would be a block buster combination.

#31 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

It could happen..

if the justice league movie fails

or

DC wins the Superman lawsuit(why buy DC w/o the REAL Superman included?) and can create something of value without using batman.

Sadly batman is the only DC property with any actual value outside comics media currently so it's less about Time Warner wanting to sell and more about disney seeing potential value in the characters.

Though i am pretty sure if Disney purchased DC they would claim to OWN the "superhero concept" outright and sue the pants off anyone creating superhero stuff in the future. So it could have some negatives too.

#32 Posted by Gruiel (29 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be so COOL. To finally have Marvel vs DC VIDEO GAME FOR XBOX 720. :D

#33 Posted by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

nop

#34 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard rumors of hasbro but thats all they are, rumors

as for DC

Time Warner will never sell DC cause they know what they have and how much it is worth even though they have no idea how to use it, cases for example the Jonah Hex, Catwoman and Green Lantern Movie, and pretty much the current management of DC editorial

#35 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, why not?

Marvel is not THAT screwed up...like..at all.

#36 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney should buy Superman. Supes kinda fits in the Marvel Universe.

#37 Posted by Jean199999 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

Disneyland would be pretty damn awesome! Superman, Darth Vader, Wolverine AND Goofy!

I definitely would never leave!

#38 Posted by ArticulateT (189 posts) - - Show Bio

With Time Warner and Disney being rivals, it wouldn't happen. I wouldn't put it past Disney to try, but there's no success in that factor.

#39 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

I don't see them eating up Time Warner.

#40 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17570 posts) - - Show Bio

No I dont.

#41 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they would because that would eliminate the competition. Without competition the comic companies are going to try less.

#42 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio

Soon, they will consume not only DC, but Warner Bros, and we will see this. 

#43 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

I would doubt if Disney would wanna buy DC, I mean Disney wouldnt tolerate half the action that DC has in their comics and so on and I would think Disley would know that alot more people would lose interest in DC.

#44 Posted by Onemoreposter (3934 posts) - - Show Bio

@slvr4surfer said:

"DC Comics, Inc. (founded in 1934 as National Allied Publications) is one of the largest and most successful companies operating in the market for American comic books and related media. It is the publishing unit of DC Entertainment, a company of Warner Bros. Entertainment, which itself is owned by Time Warner."

"Time Warner Inc. is the world's second largest media company with major Internet, publishing, film, telecommunications and television divisions after Disney."

Have a good one!!

ha! I Well said.

Yeah, Disney would have better chance of buying land on the moon.

#45 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@slvr4surfer said:

Have a good one!!

ha! I Well said.

Yeah, Disney would have better chance of buying land on the moon.

LMAO. Are you so sure?? You DC fanboys better hope the Superman/JLA franchises take off before DC has to sell to Disney. And whatever happened to the 50% of Superman DC didn't win back?? Maybe Disney will want that in November.

y'know this. Superman is the only valuable property beside Batman DC even has.

#46 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Soon, they will consume not only DC, but Warner Bros, and we will see this.

LOL I forgot about some of those guys.

#47 Posted by JediXMan (29541 posts) - - Show Bio

Not happening. It's a Disney vs Warner Bros. thing now.

#48 Posted by JediXMan (29541 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I don't think they would because that would eliminate the competition. Without competition the comic companies are going to try less.

Try less?

Not that is saying something.

#49 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

If that happens I will actually stop reading DC.

#50 Posted by Gruiel (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

If that happens I will actually stop reading DC.

Does that mean that you'll still watch the Movies?