Do you think Bendis is doing more good than bad?

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DocFatalis

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DocFatalis

I won't lie, it's B for me.

At times I have had hopes, but nowadays, I just think he writes stories based up on breaking what has been done before and the "wide screen" approach.

I really don't like what he does and I wonder why people keep on buying it.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

He is a mixture of both. He is a great comics writer, but he has gotten a lot of power and has been ruining some things. After he leaves Marvel, he'll start doing even better.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yai_Inn

Currently I think Dare Devil End of Days is fantastic. However it's only been 1 issue, and it's an out of continuity tale. So even if it was terrible it wouldn't matter.  
On the other hand, what he did with Thanos in GotG was an appalling nightmare and a complete disregard to the stunning works of DnA. Though I do wonder how much of that is Bendis and how much is marvel editorial forcing the Marvel Now to reflect the Marvel Movie Universe...  
I find there's no middle ground with Bendis. I either love it or hate it.    

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

it's funny, by all account he is a damn solid writer, but he has simply destroyed The Avengers!! I liked the idea of Dissembled way back when, but he never put them back together again. They have been a hot mess for years under his watch.

His Daredevil stuff is pitch perfect but I swear it hurts me to see his name on any Avengers project these days.

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

For me, I think that bendis is a good writer when he calls the shots. That's why his creator owned stuff, ultimate spider-man, and daredevil have gotten so much acclaim while the avengers has been derided.

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LoganX360

from all the former real marvel writers / editors in the past i am convinced Bendis & quesada were hired to mess up marvel to even out dc comic sales after Valiant , Malibu , independent image & defiant were taken out for marketing reasons

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SUNMAN

His tenure on Avengers lasted way too long but in the beginning he did a lot of good. Midway through Dark Reign it got a little stale, but I understand letting him finish his run, although Siege was pretty bad. That being said New Avengers vol. 2 should never have happened. That was the time for him to transition over to the X-titles. I feel like nothing happened during the heroic age or whatever they called it. Than we got this AvX mess.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Strider1992

He is the undisputed king of the Ultimate Universe i'll give him that. Ultimate Spider-man was brilliant even now its still pretty good. However.........616 Marvel not so much. He fanboys out when writing Hawkeye and does things that really really aren't needed......liked hooking him up with everyone under the sun. I'm going to say B because in 616 I can't get on board with his writing. However if we were only using the Ultimate-verse I would say A.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

He is the undisputed king of the Ultimate Universe i'll give him that. Ultimate Spider-man was brilliant even now its still pretty good. However.........616 Marvel not so much. He fanboys out when writing Hawkeye and does things that really really aren't needed......liked hooking him up with everyone under the sun. I'm going to say B because in 616 I can't get on board with his writing. However if we were only using the Ultimate-verse I would say A.

Pretty much this, although his run in daredevil is pretty good and I know people are gonna dislike me for this, but I enjoyed his New Avengers work too. So neither A or B.

Lol 75 percent hate him after I voted for yes.