Do you really think that Broly is a galaxy buster?

• 155 results
Shango_1king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Shango_1king

THE FACTS are that he is a galaxy buster. the only problem is that the DBZ haters on here would die before acknowledging that. its amazing how hated DBZ is on this site just for the simple reason that DBZ fans would not back down from saying goku beats superman. its sick disgusting and childish that this hatred for a series has been going on for at least 4 years now and it show how immature some comic readers are. the mods allow all the rules to be broken when it comes to hating on DBZ. and if you say anything about it your called a fanboy. why is it that only DBZ was made to suffer but no comic fans were punished at all when they started most of the problems. when a goku vs thread was made anybody who said goku won was attacked and is he defended himself the entire site would gang up on him. no body would dare admit this of course.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sondeatheater said:

@darthvxder said:

@sondeatheater: Okay I see where you come from. Star Wars and DBZ are different. For example:

If they were to say in that Anakin was just a good a duelist as Palpatine in the books and then in the databooks it wouldnt matter because we saw at what level Anakin was and what level Palpatine was and its clearly false. George Lucas says Darth Vader was at 80% the emperors power by ROTJ but do you really believe people buy that? Darth Vader wouldnt get a win on Palpatine... I'll give him 1 or 2 because I like him. The point is it can be stated wherever and still be hyperbole as shown by previous showings. Like Anakins stiking with the force of a meteor.

For DBZ Cell said he could destroy a Solar System yet his ki blasts were nuclear at best. Why would he hold back against Goky or Gohan who were almost on or above his level? He was trying to intimidate them by making them believe he was too powerfull for them to imagine or he was just way to full of himself.

Nuclear bomb level attacks were done since King Piccolo.King Piccolo was city level.Piccolo at the 23rd Budokai was island level when he razed an island.Piccolo 4 years later vaporized the moon on panel with one casual blast.

Have you ever heard of the word ki potency? Because that's the reason why Vegeta' Big Bang attack doesnt create a giant crater on the face of the earth or why even later, he only blows up multi-island despite the fact he's well beyond Piccolo's level.

Have you also forgotten the fact that Cell is a super computer made by a genius scientist at that time where scientists could make androids that generate limitless energy,create MFTL ships, rooms that could change gravity,floating cars,pills that could store houses and cars, and etc?

Edit:I'm not saying whether or not it's hyperbole,I'm just saying the claim that it's solely hyperbole is uncalled for.There's not much to back it up besides speculation, unless you consider the anime/other noncanon sources.

Well I meant he could just level a city with ease but thats not the point. Im sure Cell could destroy a continent if he wanted too.

The problem with DBZ is that they placed "power levels" so that AT could slack off and not show progress and instead he would be like look at this number now it has a NEW COMMA. Piccolo destroyed a moon early on yet while he vastly more powerfull in the Android Saga it didnt seem like the sorroundings changed much during/after fights. Im a big guy on prove it or your just saying words. Now there is a chance that he could destroy a Solar System but most showed on panel doesnt seem to go in that direction.

Yeah, I only go by the Manga and Cannon material you can only find animated like BoG. This is why DBZ is one of my least favorite subjects. AT was too lazy to show progress or explain things so he just put PL and then had inconsistencies and guidebooks made by other people. Talk about a slacker.

In defense of Akira, I don't think he ever thought people would take things as seriously as they do on CV. Though I do have to question why you thought there wasn't any/a lack of progress?

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By thefantomconvoy

I thought we weren't allowed to discuss DBZ, or Anime for that matter.

@dbzk1999 said:

No he didn't destroy the galaxy

The movie itself takes place in the same galaxy he supposedly "destroyed" with many stars

QFT. One does not simply destroy a Galaxy or a Solar System with an Energy blast. A super explosion could do it in a sensible way, so the blast would have to be omnidirectional

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By SoA

eventually he took out a galaxy. by himself. i'll still give credit where credit is due

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't a proper galaxy buster. he can't destroy it with one move.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder: I highly doubt mr toriyama cares about those who debate this (I know, if I was him, I wouldn't

Anyways yes, they do control their blast radius/damage so they won't destroy the planet (vegeta even states it)

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder: we aren't creating things, we are confirming them. Character statements, abilities. And explanation clearly shows that cell can bust the solar system. Deal with it

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

That's like a feat he has, why do people think he isn't?

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The ONLY confirmed Galaxy Busters in DB are Bills and Whis (Possibly due to the fact that he is stronger than Bills)

Broly is by no means a Galaxy Buster, he has proven to be a Planet Buster and maybe he is powerful enough to blow up a Solar System. But no more.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999 said:

@darthvxder: can you not see I was kidding? I already said the movie takes place in the same galaxy broly "destroyed". The movie does have goku saying he destroyed it though

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/t1994677-broly-galaxy-buster/

Scroll down a little and you'll see the screenshot I'm talking about

That's actually not necessarily contradictory. A galaxy is so large that even if you completely obliterated 99.9999% of it, there could easily be thousands of solar systems left over completely intact.

@spidey_jackson: So what did he turn his Solar System bust off when he fired the blast? Or when he was getting his A kicked?

Using data books is very unreliable and I only stick to on panel things like with comics. If you like to do fan calc and beleive data books/ hyperbole then its fine by me and useless for us to talk since we will just stalemate. It was fun talking to you though. :)

On panel things are plenty rife with contradictions as well, especially for popular, long running characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, Thor, etc. We all know this on some level. It is even built into the Comicvine lexicon; PIS, CIS, WIS, "bad writing," etc. Those are all brought out for when things happen in a comic that don't "make sense" with other things that happened in other comics.

Basically, strictly using "on panel feats" to the exclusion of all else isn't actually a more logical or correct approach for all forms of fiction. It is a necessary compromise for Comics like DC and Marvel because there is no actual "Word of God" authority. No one writer owns Superman, meaning what John Byrne says Superman can and can't do is irrelevant as soon as Dan Jurgens takes over, and what Jurgens thinks Superman can and can't do becomes completely irrelevant as soon as Geoff Johns takes over, etc ad infinitum.

Conversely, Toriyama [i]is[/i] the word of god for DBZ. He owns Goku and every character Goku interacts with in pretty much every way that matters. If he says Goku or Vegeta or Cell can do something, then there is literally no one on earth qualified to actually tell him otherwise, because it is completely within his right as the owner and creator of Goku to do whatever he wants with the character.

Basically, arguing for using the exact same system of logic for both corporate IPs (things like DC, Marvel, Star Trek, etc, anything with tons of writers who ultimately have no say or ownership of anything in the property beyond what they actually get published) and creator owned IPs (DBZ and various other manga, as well as a huge amount of fiction like Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Foundation, etc, etc) is a false equivalence, because it ignores inherent differences in the propagation of the stories. I've seen plenty of people argue that DBZ seems "so inconsistent" and point out how various feats seem to break down or contradict the idea of a guy with a power level of 18,000 destroying earth, but when you get down to it, an overwhelming proportion of feats comics fans will simply accept as "true" are also contradicted by many other showings in other issues, and from a purely physical standpoint, most of it is complete nonsense anyway.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mortein

We have seen that the most of the galaxy (at least 99%) was destroyed. The only question is whether this happened over the period of many years or instantly

No Caption Provided

But even if it took him 10 years to destroy more than 99% of the galaxy, he would still have to destroy almost 1000 solar system per a second, without resting, for a 10 years.

So it really boggles me how can any sane person think he destroyed almost entire galaxy by traveling from a planet to planet and destroying them 1 by 1.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder: we aren't creating things, we are confirming them. Character statements, abilities. And explanation clearly shows that cell can bust the solar system. Deal with it

Explanations don't matter, you cannot destroy a solar system or a galaxy with an energy blast in one go. You can only do it with some kind of super-powerful disintegrator bomb, take for example the one in Ben 10, that possible Solar System busting bomb that could have been made by combining Element X and Iron Ore that was said to have the power to do so, and there is also the Annihilaarg, which can literally destroy a universe, but not by an energy blast, no. Oh, and character statements in Ben 10 are much more credible than those of DBZ, given that they usually come from people who know what they're talking about, such as Azmuth, Paradox, Etc. Even a series like Ben 10 has more credibility in the area of character statements than DBZ does.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

We have seen that the most of the galaxy (at least 99%) was destroyed. The only question is whether this happened over the period of many years or instantly

No Caption Provided

But even if it took him 10 years to destroy more than 99% of the galaxy, he would still have to destroy almost 1000 solar system per a second, without resting, for a 10 years.

So it really boggles me how can any sane person think he destroyed almost entire galaxy by traveling from a planet to planet and destroying them 1 by 1.

This all means that he isn't a galaxy buster due to the fact that there's no way he could have destroyed it in one go. Some kind of Ultra-Powerful bomb is needed.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yes, but it's movies...very few DBZ-movies, actually make sense.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: what? No. We know for a fact that Goku > Ben. I never saw anything blowing up in the series of that scale. I mean. We haven't exactly either. But Goku knows what he is talking about when he fills someone's power. Add the guidebooks in from the AUTHOR and we have a confirmation

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By thefantomconvoy
@superlightning123 said:

@iamoptimusprime: what? No. We know for a fact that Goku > Ben. I never saw anything blowing up in the series of that scale. I mean. We haven't exactly either. But Goku knows what he is talking about when he fills someone's power. Add the guidebooks in from the AUTHOR and we have a confirmation

No, Alien X>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goku. Oh, and Alien X survived a legit Universe-Busting device when it was destroying Ben's Universe (putting Celestialsapiens at universe+ Level Dura) then proceeded to recreate said universe. Problem?

EWikipedia: E is the fifth letter and a vowel in the ISO basic Latin alphabet. It is the most commonly used letter in many languages, including: Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Latin, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People Goku travels to a planet in the Galaxy and we see a ton of stars still in tact. Not to mention the majority of the movie takes place on New Vegeta which is in the South Galaxy. The Japanese version also has Kaio say that the Galaxy is being... This would imply it's under attack, not being outright destroyed. Come on people,

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: you're missing a link in that argument. Based on what showed in the first minute, he destroyed that much, there are still thousands of stars and planets left. Saying he didn't destroy the galaxy because of a few thousand stars and planets (few dozen showed actually) is like saying clark pulled the earth but his own weight wasn't involved in it, so he can't pull the earth. The amount you're fixating on is literally negligible compared to actual volume of the feat.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@princearagorn1: except it's consistently shown he's only capable of destroying planets

King kai asks goku to check it out to see if it's been destroyed, goku goes to a planet that's physically still there(but ruined) and confirms king Kai's suspicions

Those aliens state that they were "attacked" by the legendary super saiyan, yet their planet was still there (until midway through the movie that is)

If anything, broly destroyed some of the habitable planets and just wrecked the surface/civilization of others,

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: so.. that's about 2-3 planets not destroyed? how does that imply he didn't blow up most of the galaxy?

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@princearagorn1: I don't know, maybe the fact that Paragus doesn't WANT to destroy most of the galaxy ? He still has broly under his control right now

And you're missing the point, kaio tells goku he suspects somebody was basically wrecking the galaxy, goku teleports to a planet that is STILL there and confirms (from seeing that planet) that broly has "destroyed" the galaxy. The planet itself wasn't destroyed, all that was there was a ruined city with no life on it

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: ...why not, exactly? I don't remember when paragus was implied a pacifist. And paragus's control isn't full proof to begin with.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I don't know, maybe the fact that Paragus wants to conquer the universe right now? Last I checked, destroying the 1/4 of the universe isn't conquering it. Paragus control isn't full proof? It's implied he's had broly under his control with no problems up until kakarot arrived

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: Revenge was his motivation, and there's literally nothing saying he doesn't want to destroy it.

Actually, goku detected some of his unrestricted ki in the galaxy.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: besides this

The North Galaxy, and of course the Eastern and Western Galaxies, would be undivided under our rule, and an empire belonging to me and Broli would stand for eternity!

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: lol. That implies he didn't want to destroy the south galaxy how?

Also, in dragonball galaxy refers to quadrants of the universe. Not just the celestial objects (?)

ruling the universe doesn't mean you have to be careful with every small fraction..

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I

Answer this, if broly did "destroy most of the galaxy" then are you saying that goku, with half dead allies' energy, is capable of doing that also?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: Yes there is a problem ! Show me a universe blowing up. Goku would snatch that watch off ben. Ben is awesome. But come on!

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By thefantomconvoy
@superlightning123 said:

@iamoptimusprime: Yes there is a problem ! Show me a universe blowing up. Goku would snatch that watch off ben. Ben is awesome. But come on!

Goku wouldn't know what the Omnitrix can do and thus not consider Ben worth fighting, besides he always wants a challenge, not someone he can beat effortlessly. CIS prevents him from doing that. Also the Omnitrix cannot come off, remember?

Watch this episode:

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/ben-10-omniverse-episode-7-so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-smoothies

'Nuff said.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: well he will be killed before he knows it. Ben is a human without a watch.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: well he will be killed before he knows it. Ben is a human without a watch.

Now do you accept the Universe-Buster or not? Besides, I told you goku doesn't attack people who can't fight back, he's not that low. And besides, CIS for goku. 'Nuff said.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: he probably won't. But Ben won't even have a chance to use his aliens. Goku will know if Ben plans to attack. It probably won't come to a battle because they are both good. But if they were to fight, Goku would stomp.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: he probably won't. But Ben won't even have a chance to use his aliens. Goku will know if Ben plans to attack. It probably won't come to a battle because they are both good. But if they were to fight, Goku would stomp.

Ben is always allowed to Transform in any battle he's in no matter what, because if not then it is unfair for him. So Goku would not stomp so easily if Ben uses Alien X. Oh, and did you watch the episode? Did you see the Universe-Busting device they used?

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By thefantomconvoy

@shango_1king said:

THE FACTS are that he is a galaxy buster. the only problem is that the DBZ haters on here would die before acknowledging that. its amazing how hated DBZ is on this site just for the simple reason that DBZ fans would not back down from saying goku beats superman. its sick disgusting and childish that this hatred for a series has been going on for at least 4 years now and it show how immature some comic readers are. the mods allow all the rules to be broken when it comes to hating on DBZ. and if you say anything about it you're called a fanboy. Why is it that only DBZ was made to suffer but no comic fans were punished at all when they started most of the problems. when a goku vs thread was made anybody who said goku won was attacked and is he defended himself the entire site would gang up on him. no body would dare admit this of course.

I'm a fan too, but there is a hole in this that has been repeatedly pointed out (Goku going to said Galaxy with IT), and also there is really no logical way to destroy a galaxy with an Energy blast unless you're TTGL, Demonbane, or Getter Emperor, all of which are far larger than Galaxies. Now for someone like Broly to do this, he would need to have let out some Galaxy-Wide explosive Wave from a center, otherwise an energy attack just won't work.

Too many people overestimating DBZ is why it gets so much hate from people. Especially on forums such as the MVC where this is done to unbelievable levels, such as thinking DBZ can beat Unicron or saying that Broly can solo Ben 10. Both of which are factually untrue.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jigen879

@justthatkid: No he is a galaxy destroyer this is a fact infact in the film it is so

How much time did he spend to destroy each planets? The film says clear and if he doesn't destroy a galaxy in one shot why does kaioh let him to destroy the galaxy?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Planet Buster.

Eddy_Newgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Eddy_Newgate

@darthvxder: LOOOOL...oh you were being serious...ok let me enlighten you my friend...nowhere in the whole entire manga does it say they destabilize the core...it was only done on namek and that was because frieza said he held back too much...hell master roshi blew up the moon and it has no core...funnily enough the core is the hardest part to destroy otherwise planets would just be huge rocks with no gravity or mantle or anything that acc makes it a planet...as for broly he did destroy the galaxy...funnily enough both subs and dubs say broly destroyed the galaxy...you would know this if u acc watched any version of the film at all...he wasnt even in legendary so hes more than a galaxy buster...and buu is a multi galaxy buster and so is bills even when hes surpressed heavily...stop reaching please and keep an open mind...bias isnt cool

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either he one shoted a galaxy or hes mftl and a multi star buster

Eddy_Newgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Waltz

Aside from having been described as a universe buster by very competent individuals multiple times, Broly was also seen destroying a galaxy in a matter of seconds, evidenced by King Kai's immediate reaction to the destruction of said galaxy -- the Southern Galaxy. It's not hard to imagine that an individual (Broly, fyi) with limitless energy capable of destroying a galaxy in seconds is also capable of replicating that feat and destroying a universe in about an hour or two.

And once again: This is something that was stated multiple times by very competent individuals. I can't think of any valid or credible manner of denying what was so obviously stated about the character in the movie. Broly is a universe buster.

In regard to the haters saying, "Goku went to the South Galaxy. DEBUNKED!": He went to the remnants of the South Galaxy, as evidenced by the devastated planets he visited. To think that there wouldn't be remains of the galaxy, like there were of planet Namek, is asinine and retarded.

... Not to mention that he casually obliterated the South Galaxy while restricted -- something the Broly haters seem to be forgetting...

In conclusion: Either Broly is a galaxy buster or he's the fastest character in the entire franchise. Pick.

Emperor777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Heinrich7

No

Waltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperor777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waltz: I don't think you realize the amount of times I've seen that scene and my answer hasn't changed.

Waltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CLARKKENT10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder:

Dude I've seen a lot of people downplaying DBZ but holy crap you take the 1st spot, Nuclear level cell lol, I guess cell is weaker than Piccolo who vaporized the moon.

CLARKKENT10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler:

Well if you knew about DBZ you wouldn't have come to that conclusion, South galaxy is a quadrant of galaxies , that's why people used to think that their were only 4 galaxies , but each sector has countless galaxies. That's why we see a galaxy getting erased but king kai says that its still getting attacked