• 64 results
Edited 7 months, 26 days ago

Do You Read Comics? (101 votes)

Yes Every Week 74%
No Not Any More 8%
Sometimes But Not Often 18%
#1 Edited by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

The only comics that I'm invested in at the moment [and I'm way behind because I live overseas and I don't have much money] is Smallville: Season 11. Love their take on everything and to see my glorious Lois being a badass and taking names.

#2 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (8156 posts) - - Show Bio

You're on Comicvine, if even one person says they don't, I'll be surprised.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Veshark (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: I'm willing to bet that half the people on this site don't read comics

WHERE ARE THESE INFILTRATORS.

Seriously though, why would one be on this site and not read comics? I'm a little confuzzled.

#5 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (8156 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: We must assimilate the different! Assimilate! Assimilate!

#6 Posted by Veshark (8507 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7785 posts) - - Show Bio

If you count manga: then far more then I should

If you don't count manga: then I read a decent amount mostly Hulk,bat family,and avengers related stuff.

#8 Edited by ccraft (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking about not buying comic for awhile, maybe around a few months to a year...

I picked sometimes but not often. I buy comics when ever I get some extra cash.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: many reasons, there are a lot of people that just come on here to comment on the off topic forums

#10 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

I get a couple a month but that's all I can afford atm.

#11 Posted by Veshark (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: many reasons, there are a lot of people that just come on here to comment on the off topic forums

I'm curious though, did they join solely because they found the off-topic board topics to be entertaining or thought-provoking? I have seen some Viners who post almost exclusively on the OT board, agreed.

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (26403 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I'm curious though, did they join solely because they found the off-topic board topics to be entertaining or thought-provoking? I have seen some Viners who post almost exclusively on the OT board, agreed.

maybe or maybe they just aren't fully interested in comics any more

#14 Posted by sinestro_GL (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell?

Who voted 'no'?

SHOW YOURSELVES!

#15 Edited by Yokergeist (12300 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#16 Posted by Veshark (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell?

Who voted 'no'?

SHOW YOURSELVES!

SEEK & TERMINATE.

#17 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Seriously though, why would one be on this site and not read comics? I'm a little confuzzled.

There are many casual "comic" fans who like the movies, tv shows, or games. Many of them do not read actual comics. Then there are those who used to read but stopped for whatever reason but still hang around the site. I've said the same thing myself that it's probably close to 50/50 comic book readers on CV.

I wonder how many people read single comic issues as well though. I'm sure there is a large amount of users who trade wait everything as well.

#18 Edited by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio

I read TOO many comics

#19 Posted by Veshark (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx said:

@veshark said:

There are many casual "comic" fans who like the movies, tv shows, or games. Many of them do not read actual comics. Then there are those who used to read but stopped for whatever reason but still hang around the site. I've said the same thing myself that it's probably close to 50/50 comic book readers on CV.

I wonder how many people read single comic issues as well though. I'm sure there is a large amount of users who trade wait everything as well.

Yup, wait-for-trader right there. I don't think that makes me any less of a comic reader though haha. I just don't have the dime for monthly issues....or the storage space....or the patience...

#20 Posted by sinestro_GL (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@sinestro_gl said:

What the hell?

Who voted 'no'?

SHOW YOURSELVES!

SEEK & TERMINATE.

SENDING TASK FORCE.

NO NON-READER ESCAPES THE MANHUNTERS

#21 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

From what I know the publishers don't care about the trade sales though. If you want a particular character to have a series for instance then you need to support them by buying the single issues or they will not continue making them or future ones.

That said, I wouldn't say it makes you less of a comic reader either.

I do find it funny when people like to say they read "graphic novels" but will actually look down on you for reading the actual comics. Yes, I have experienced this personally.

#22 Posted by Veshark (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx said:

@veshark:

From what I know the publishers don't care about the trade sales though. If you want a particular character to have a series for instance then you need to support them by buying the single issues or they will not continue making them or future ones.

That said, I wouldn't say it makes you less of a comic reader either.

I do find it funny when people like to say they read "graphic novels" but will actually look down on you for reading the actual comics. Yes, I have experienced this personally.

I don't know about that, I certainly hope not, 90% of my reading output comes from trades. I'm sure that the publishers are concerned with the trades to a certain extent, like when a new Iron Man movie is out, I'm sure they'll start pushing out these IM trades in an effort to get new readers. But I do get what you mean about the actual series itself - continuous support is what ensures the books continue, or that new titles are introduced.

I hate the term graphic novel, it's downright idiotic. Comic-book. Say it with me. COMIC-BOOK. I don't care about the 'childish' connotations of the word, it's the name of the bloody medium and I don't need some pretentious label to make it sound more sophisticated. And man, must've been irritating as hell to get that from some ignorant fellow.

#23 Edited by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

Yeah, with digital comics becoming so big as well I'm not sure what percentage each format is counted towards a series continuing or not. Maybe single issues have become less important.

#24 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

All the freaking time, when I'm not on hear of course.

#25 Edited by Mucklefluga (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

This is forkin' Comic Vine

#26 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (790 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I read comics.

#27 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Never have.

#28 Posted by The_jackolantern (438 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be a rule you dont read comics you dont join comicvine haha.

I bet all these mother truckers that dont read comics are the ones sucking batman off all the time.

btw I get about 10 comics a week

#29 Posted by The_Tree (6400 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read every week, but I do read often.

#30 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there was a week recently that nothing I buy was released, but apart from that it's every week.

It's nice how the things I get are spread out across the weeks. :)

#31 Posted by Hel (475 posts) - - Show Bio

At least once a week and mostly digital - saving some space in my already crammed apartment

#32 Posted by i_like_swords (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

I read comics and novels just about every day. There was a point where I was on the site but hadn't yet read any comics, but as time went I became a huge comic reader.

#33 Posted by Immortal777 (5878 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe

#34 Posted by TDK_1997 (13670 posts) - - Show Bio

I read comic books almost every day.

#35 Posted by jackbensley777 (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: ive never been into manga, whats appealing about it? just want a fans perspective

And im spending 10-20 dollars on comics aweek mostly new stuff

#36 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the point in even posting here if you don't read comics? there are plenty of sites that offer off-topic forums

#37 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the point in even posting here if you don't read comics? there are plenty of sites that offer off-topic forums

They watched the Avengers.

#38 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7785 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: ive never been into manga, whats appealing about it? just want a fans perspective

And im spending 10-20 dollars on comics aweek mostly new stuff

hmmm...

Well I generally like the fully linear story telling, the character development and the art Evolution.

#39 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be reading a lot less very soon. I need to start saving my money.

#40 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (2724 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course I read comics :3

#41 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7785 posts) - - Show Bio

Bro, Do you even Comics.

#42 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell?

Who voted 'no'?

SHOW YOURSELVES!

I WILL FIND THEM!

#43 Posted by Billy Batson (56869 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Immortal777 (5878 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Havenless (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: I'm willing to bet that half the people on this site don't read comics

I've outgrown the comic book part, but I still love the characters and want to keep up with the events and storylines.

#46 Posted by Veshark (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I've outgrown the comic book part, but I still love the characters and want to keep up with the events and storylines.

Outgrown meaning you don't like reading the actual comics anymore?

#47 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (8156 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@havenless said:

@veshark said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Outgrown meaning you don't like reading the actual comics anymore?

#48 Posted by JediXMan (27924 posts) - - Show Bio

I mostly read trades now. The only comics I will be buying annually will be the new Star Wars series and Sandman.

#49 Posted by _Zombie_ (10225 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't regularly read comics in going on 2 years. I still have a few trades I read through every now and then, though.

#50 Posted by jackbensley777 (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: are they always black and white? and any suggestions to read them? i dont like reall corny stuff like dragon ball z but im not big on the real heavy stuff eitheer