do you re-read old comics?

canuckdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By canuckdad

I find there are two main type of comic readers. 1) the person that reads a comic once then puts it a way in a box and only reads it 1 or 2 more times in their life span.

2) the reader that breaks out old comics several times a year and reads them over and over.

I wish I was the 2nd option but I don't have a lot of "me" time now that I am a family man so I tend to read them once then into the box they go.

What type of reader are you?

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its a comic I like I will re read it a ton.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

If I like a comic a lot and happen to own it then yeah, I'll re-read the hell out of it.

canuckdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bgibs13390: I truly wish I had more time to read them over and over

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A day spent reading comics you've already read could be spent reading new and exciting comics.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I re-read comics just like I re-read books or re-watch movies I enjoy. I travel a good bit for work so I will flip through my Comixology library for a run or arc I haven't read in a while and download for something to read in the airport or the plane if I don't have anything new read. I just re-read Secret Wars on my last trip.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I re-read spectacle stories; they are fun to read but not quite as satisfying as better written stories

I re-read stories I do not like until I like them/complete the story/get a different perspective.

I don't re-read quality stories very often as they are just that memorable for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've read The Dark Phoenix Saga twice, and I usually don't reread comics either. I might have to reread Grant Morrison's New X-Men pretty soon, though, because I enjoyed it so much the first time around.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VanderSEXXX

I still re-read comics from time to time just so that I can still know the lore behind it especially when trying to post here since I can't memorize everything. lol

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find myself rereading old stories every now and then. It helps me refresh my memory or just to relive great/bad moments.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it may be a while but I do eventually reread old stories. I wouldn't waste precious money on something I only touch once. Besides sometimes the old stuff is better than the current stuff can serve as a great reminder as to why you love the characters. Plus if you let enough time pass it feels somewhat new again....and it's a great way to kill time.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@squares said:

If I like a comic a lot and happen to own it then yeah, I'll re-read the hell out of it.

This, I love when you notice new things during every reread

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't read them entirely over, I really just skim through and reread the good parts. I can't bring myself to reread every kind of the whole book as if I don't know whats going to happen. I can do that with real books but not comics.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eisenfauste

I open old comics to look over some awesome fights that I couldn't get enough of.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By iaconpoint

Especially once a full arc is complete, it's fun to go back and read 5 or 6 all at once.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A day spent reading comics you've already read could be spent reading new and exciting comics.

Or it could also be spent re-appreciating older comics and discovering new aspects to enjoy in 'em. New doesn't always mean good, and a story that you feel compelled to read time and again are the books where you get your money's worth.

I think there is merit to rereading your older comics, and I devour both old and new books voraciously. One or two reads doesn't do the book any justice, personally. Every time I reread a comic, I'll pick up on things that I might've missed before, and form new opinions on the story or the characters. Sometimes I enjoy a book more when I'm in a particular mindset or in the mood for a certain genre. Other times I might enjoy a comic more when I read it as part of a larger run, and the issues all tell one overarching storyline.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By JakeN7

I don't re-read single issues, but if I like an arc enough, I'll buy the trade and read and re-read that constantly.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will re read a trade if I love the story, but single issues aren't as re read able for me. I read stuff like arkham asylum a seriouse house on a seriouse earth every once and a while and on the days of holiday killings I read that issue from long Halloween and dark victory.