Posted by _Xander_Slade_ (661 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Do you prefer the notification system over the simple follow feed? (21 votes)

Yes. It's innovative and a different approach 14%
No. I'd rather have the follow feed 86%

Personally I say no. I'd rather just know who's online and get replies sent to my pm box as it was, simple but effective.

But I want to see if this is something CV members actually like as a majority, or if it's a good effort but in the wrong direction. I'm sure the staff probably does too.

Only way to do that is by showing a consensus. You don't have to state an opinion in detail of why but it would help. Thanks

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92476 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with an option C, actually.

I'd like the follow feed back (and according to Rorie's post, they're working on something like it), but I'd like the notification system a whole lot more if it worked properly. I understand that things are new and there are bugs that need to be ironed out, it's still incredibly frustrating.

#2 Edited by _Xander_Slade_ (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

I'd like the follow feed back (and according to Rorie's post, they're working on something like it), but I'd like the notification system a whole lot more if it worked properly. I understand that things are new and there are bugs that need to be ironed out, it's still incredibly frustrating.

Personally I think it should've been the first approach. 'Don't fix whats not broken'

#3 Posted by CaptainLantern76 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I like being told when users make blogs and reviews, but it's not really helpful with the insane lag it has right now.

#5 Edited by JediXMan (29518 posts) - - Show Bio

They should bring back the previous follow system. The notification system is nice in theory, but I like all my notifications and PMs to be in one place; makes it especially easier on mobile.

#6 Posted by RustyRoy (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

They should bring back the previous follow system. The notification system is nice in theory, but I like all my notifications and PMs to be in one place; makes it especially easier on mobile.

#7 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9448 posts) - - Show Bio

The older one was much better, this new notification system is annoying and not as efficient.

#8 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3875 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by dondave (34335 posts) - - Show Bio

I like being told when users make blogs and reviews, but it's not really helpful with the insane lag it has right now.

The older one was much better, this new notification system is annoying and not as efficient.