Do you like the Fantastic Four?

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Yes, it is bad. You're a horrible person and a shame to the comics community. You should hate yourself.

Really, though; my opinion is pretty much the same as yours. I have nothing against the FF, but they don't interest me as much as other teams do.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

I've just started their current title, and it's quite good.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_stegman  Moderator
2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just bought the Fantastic Four Volume 1 Omnibus from Hickman. I think they're interesting, but I haven't read enough yet.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're my favourite heroes since childhood. I always found their adventures more fantastical than the other books.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Love the FF. Byrne's run was great as was Hickman's and Waids not to mention the start with Stan Lee. I have also been enjoying Robinsons run a good deal.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Eisenfauste

Yes.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes reading their current title now (loving it poor sue she and benn seem to get it the worse every time this team goes through something). I enjoyed future foundation as well.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Darling_Luna

I want to, I really really do.Yet every time I've read their comics, I just shrug

Stick to the Doom Patrol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I have nothing against them. I've read a bit of Stan Lee's run, and it was okay (his work on Spider-Man was better). I do plan to read Mark Waid's run of Fantastic Four ('cause Mark Waid's awesome) as well as Ultimate Fantastic Four, but right now, I'm not really a fan of them. I liked the first movie when I was younger. I watched it again a little while ago, and it sucked pretty badly. Rise of the Silver Surfer was a bit better, but it was still pretty bad, too. I have seen a bit of the '90s cartoon, and that adapted the Galactus storyline much better than Rise of the Silver Surfer.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I've never been a fan, just can't get into them. I see why others like them, but I just can't get into them.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fantastic Four appeal more to sci-fi fans. I enjoy the Hickman stuff but more than anything I love the rogue gallery. The Fantastic Four have introduced some huge names; Galactus,Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, Terrax, the Skrulls and Super Skrull, the Frightful Four, etc. Galactus and Doom are two of my favorites.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hate reed, thats pretty much it

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I love Fantastic Four. I don't get why it isn't too popular.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RedLantern23

I dont care for them too much, but I've been wanting to check out some more of their stuff and see if I can get into them a little more.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care for them. To be honest, I never really understood the love for the Thing. I don't find him that interesting. I like Sue and Johnny... that's it.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like the Fantastic Four. They've been around for so long and most characters in Marvel have interacted with them in some way or another. I never read them exclusively since I was more an X-Men fan but I've made a point of keeping myself up to date with them.

Someone on here suggested I read the Ultimate version of them, and based on what they've said, it sounds like something I would really enjoy.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Seconded, they're criminally underrated as a comic book series, superhero team and family dynamic. Plus their superhero/cosmic sci fi adventures are usually intriguing on a consistent basis. Still, I guess it takes the right writers to make the FF interesting. Bryne, Roy Thomas, Marv Wolfman, Roger Stern, Mark Waid and Hickman have had some of the best runs yet some of these are overlooked in the comic industry.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've read very little fantastic 4, but mostly they never appealed to me. Too light hearted and comedic. (Which appears to make me the target audience for the present ongoing and upcoming movie)

I did like the 2006 fatastic four worlds greatest heroes cartoon

I love doom, but I think he works better as a avengers and Thor villian (read the laviterian Prometheus it's really great)

I did really like all the f4 characters and what happens with them in the ultimate doomsday trilogy a hell of alot, and evil Reed in hick and ultimate a was a epic villain.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Marvel's best team..(over Avengers and X-Men) For me, it's not even close.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like them. Everytime I pick up one of their books, I have fun and find myself enjoying the stories. The Fantastic Four differs from the other team books in that they still focus on adventures and superheroics, whereas the other titles focus more on angst and the combat side of superheroics. They've had quite a few good story arcs in the past year or so.

@lvenger said:
@transformers1024 said:

Seconded, they're criminally underrated as a comic book series, superhero team and family dynamic. Plus their superhero/cosmic sci fi adventures are usually intriguing on a consistent basis. Still, I guess it takes the right writers to make the FF interesting. Bryne, Roy Thomas, Marv Wolfman, Roger Stern, Mark Waid and Hickman have had some of the best runs yet some of these are overlooked in the comic industry.

Yeah, basically what I wanted to say, but you beat me to it.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the Fantastic Four, especially the Thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're OK, I guess. I haven't read that much of them.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Love em

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I still haven't gotten around to reading Stan's run. I don't wana touch any of the other stuff before I do.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

You peopel are INSANE for not reading Hickmans F4/FF run.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lateralus

I'm a fan, they are the foundation on which all Marvel is built on

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and no for me. I like them in concept and really enjoy Human Torch's team ups with Spiderman and I love the kids too. However, there isn't a whole lot of stories that I love. I used to hate Hickman's run but I gave it another go and actually found that save for the Inhumans part, I enjoyed it. I am currently giving Mark Waid's run a go but its still too early to tell how I feel about it. I have read bits and pieces outside of those two runs that I did not enjoy at all. I probably won't read anything older than Waid's run because I don't like Marvel before the 2000s.