#1 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you like Cyclops ? Do you agree with him ?

Cyclops is fighting for mutant rights , but some call him a Mutant Terrorist , and not for nothing . He killed Charles Xavier , and he wants mutant revolution . Do you think he can lead the mutant world after his crime ? He was under the control of the Phoneix Force , still , should he pay for killing Professor-X ?

#2 Edited by nappystr8 (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Cyclops, and I'm definitely a huge fan of the new direction they've taken him down. For all the lauding of Xavier that the X-Men do, he was kind of a bad dude, and I think there is certainly an argument that he and the institution he created cares more about protecting the status quo than protecting his own people. Magneto has certainly gone to far in the past, but I don't know if Xavier ever went far enough. In that respect, it's good to see Cyclops step up and start thinking for himself instead of always being Xavier's lieutenant.

As far as should he pay for the crimes he committed while under the influence of the Phoenix Force, I'm not sure. What he did was wrong, but none of the five were themselves, and he didn't make the decision lightly either. Throw in that it was Tony Stark that led to the Phoenix entering him in the first place, and it is much less cut and dry than AvX originally led us to believe. I certainly understand why The Avengers and Wolverine think he should be punished though.

#3 Edited by Enders (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Cyclops, and I'm definitely a huge fan of the new direction they've taken him down. For all the lauding of Xavier that the X-Men do, he was kind of a bad dude, and I think there is certainly an argument that he and the institution he created cares more about protecting the status quo than protecting his own people. Magneto has certainly gone to far in the past, but I don't know if Xavier ever went far enough. In that respect, it's good to see Cyclops step up and start thinking for himself instead of always being Xavier's lieutenant.

As far as should he pay for the crimes he committed while under the influence of the Phoenix Force, I'm not sure. What he did was wrong, but none of the five were themselves, and he didn't make the decision lightly either. Throw in that it was Tony Stark that led to the Phoenix entering him in the first place, and it is much less cut and dry than AvX originally led us to believe. I certainly understand why The Avengers and Wolverine think he should be punished though.

Definitely agree with this, especially since I don't like Xavier at all.

#4 Posted by Dernman (15810 posts) - - Show Bio

*Muust reesist.*

#5 Edited by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#6 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Kill the dirty humans.

#7 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior sums up my thoughts on Scott:

Homo Superior!? Puh-leaseeeeeee!

#8 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to be honest in Avengers VS X-Men. The Phoenix 5 were replenishing the world. Giving poor people food, and water, fixing homes, etc.Yet the Avengers took it upon themselves too stop something that was good, because it could go bad. Not to mention Iron Man should be most to blame, since he practically gave them the powers, regardless if it was on purpose or not. Him killing Charles Xavier is his fault, but not really. The Phoenix Force is not something easily controlled, and with more of it comes more corruption. It took Jean Grey many years to control it, and yet she still hasn't mastered it.

#9 Posted by bob808 (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I do.

#10 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12479 posts) - - Show Bio

Freaking love him...now

#11 Posted by Dayvid3 (868 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they were guilty. Under the influence and all. Actually that makes me wonder, did jean commit any murders atrocities when she was under the phoenix? She seems to get a pass if she did, so why not them?

If he's just going to be more pragmatic and less wishy washy about protecting their kind I can get behind it. Every makes him out as ruthless, but I haven't seen it yet. I guess we just don't know his boundaries yet. I don't really see him doing anything over the line, but who knows. My guess if anything it would be one of his people that crosses the line and he'll get the blame.