• 141 results
Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) 1 year, 30 days ago

Poll: Do You Illegally Download Comics? (152 votes)

Yes 45%
No 55%
#1 Posted by Argothor (115 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I didn't even know that was possible. lol

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by _Braveheart_ (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know that either.

#4 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

Only once. Amazing Spider-Man 700. I just wanted to see if it was worth 8 bucks and if the rumors of Peter dying we're true.

#5 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

no but i'm willing if someone shows me how!

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried it once and had to buy a new Laptop because I couldn't get rid of the virus that came with it so no

#7 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10442 posts) - - Show Bio

Depend on how money I have laying around or if I can't find the issue in stores

#8 Edited by Argothor (115 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by JediXMan (29684 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't, but I have friends who do.

#10 Posted by Bruxae (12671 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since they dont sell comics in my entire freaking country it happens.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

I don't, but I have friends who do.

yea yea, thats what they all say lol

#12 Edited by waezi2 (6859 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would I do that? Reading comics on a com is no fun.

#13 Edited by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

The few that come I buy.

#14 Posted by waezi2 (6859 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae: I know the feeling. I'm Danish, and my country haven't sold superhero comics in 8 years.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Really? How do you read it then?

#16 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Know the feeling. Have you considered ordering from comic book stores from the largest citites? Google a store.

I do because of the same reasons bruxae does, I believe we're from the same country, so.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the times when I don't have money to order them and I can't wait to read some book I download comic books since in my country there hasn't been a comic book since 2007.

#18 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried once, couldn't get it to work.

#19 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone in favor for making comic books more global?

Have you who live in countries without comic books really searched good enough? I thought there were none but then I found out there's this store in Stockholm from which I order from once a month.

#20 Posted by waezi2 (6859 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Amazon.co.uk. There are also some kinda expensive nerd-shops in Copenhagen.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't you guys just use comixology?

#22 Posted by waezi2 (6859 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Or buy them used on a side called "Den Blå Avis." Its kind of the Danish version of Ebay.

#23 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by waezi2 (6859 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Comixology? It's like the comic version of Itunes, it's an officially sanctioned digital distribution site

#26 Posted by Black_Arrow (2585 posts) - - Show Bio

In my country comics arrive one month later sometimes i just can wait for the next issue so i dowload it

#27 Posted by JediXMan (29684 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Comixology? It's like the comic version of Itunes, it's an officially sanctioned digital distribution site

I actually just downloaded CoIE #1 and the Walking Dead #1 off Comixology.

#28 Edited by Vorien79 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

No, if i can't afford to buy them, I don't get to read them. Too many people work to hard to make them and I respect my regular shop too much to contribute to their demise.... Plus I want my son to be able to grow up reading actual print comics, I feel we need to keep the industry alive.

#29 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

I buy them online. I know a few people who read them on this website that gives them out for free. I haven't tried it because I'm assuming it comes with viruses.

#30 Posted by waezi2 (6859 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Is this your first time reading Walking Dead?

#32 Posted by daviegourevitch (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I do it all the time! I mainly download the comics that I have no access to buying, Ie. 1960's comics or it's just that I'm not willing to pay for a comic that I've never heard of, but hear it's good. So I "Try it out" online, and if I like it I buy it. Don't get me wrong--I try to support my LCBS as much as possible.

#33 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Marvel and DC books are not even worth the effort of reading not even for free.

#34 Edited by JediXMan (29684 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Is this your first time reading Walking Dead?

Kind of. I skimmed parts of it when I borrowed the first volume from the library, but I didn't read it. I intend to read the first issue at some point soon. I started watching the show earlier this year and now I want to try the comic.

I've read the entire CoIE volume before, though - loved it.

#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by JediXMan (29684 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@waezi2 said:

@jonny_anonymous: What does it coast?

same price as in the shops Comics by comiXology

Which is why I don't buy anything off Comixology. Way too expensive; I may as well buy the actual issue.

At least Amazon Kindle has trades for a decent price - and, honestly, I like their reading format more than Comixology.

#37 Posted by Edamame (27996 posts) - - Show Bio

lol No?

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@waezi2 said:

Which is why I don't buy anything off Comixology. Way too expensive; I may as well buy the actual issue.

At least Amazon Kindle has trades for a decent price - and, honestly, I like their reading format more than Comixology.

all comixology books drop in price after a month and anyway if they sold digital books even cheaper then that would just mean print comics would die that much faster

#39 Edited by Cap10nate (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I'm not going to steal someone's property if they (or an authorized distributor) are not offering it for free. I usually purchase through Comixology unless I am going to buy a large collection which I try to find on Amazon or eBay. I buy a few series through the LCS, but not much.

#40 Posted by cameron83 (6748 posts) - - Show Bio

No,I don't want a virus and much rather support the series....

I am not going to look down on others,at the same time I don't condone it...however,sometimes people just can't buy the comic since its not in their location.

#41 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not. If i want to enjoy something, I'll pay for it. Supporting artists, writers, and comic shop owners means more to me than saving a few bucks. I can understand if your country doesnt receive comics, but if you're downloading them just for the hell of it I think thats pretty selfish and stupid.

#42 Edited by JediXMan (29684 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@waezi2 said:

all comixology books drop in price after a month and anyway if they sold digital books even cheaper then that would just mean print comics would die that much faster

Still, I just don't see the benefit in buying a comic digitally when I can buy the hard copy for the same, or close to the same, price - plus, Marvel's books give you a digital copy. You get more for your money that way.

#43 Posted by Joygirl (18846 posts) - - Show Bio

If you don't just go with the flow and read whatever's on shelves, it can be hard not to. I challenge any man to actually buy and read the Harley Quinn solo series.

#45 Posted by MarlboroMan (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

i do download the old issues via torrent to have the everything complete but i buy the new ones regularly i have subscriptions on the new releases

#46 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7605 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even know that was possible.

I definatly won't, though. Imagine the virus you could get from doing that. O-O

And, you know, it being illegal and all, you you'll never know when a SWAT team will come busting in your door, slap handcuffs on you, and give you a four year prison sentence. :P

#47 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how I am on money at the moment.

#48 Posted by ccraft (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried it once never got it to work.

I've read some new 52 comics on youtube like Supergirl, Superman (early issues), and Batgirl.

#49 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but I was given copies of some that were illegally downloaded.

#50 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio