Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Captain_Yesterday

I watched the first two episodes on the new series to see what all the fuss was about.

I did enjoy them just haven't had time to watch anymore and it wasn't intriguing enough to put it on the top of my to do list.

But I'd like to some day.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JohnnyGat

Never watched a single one

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Honestly, I don't care for it at all. Don't hate it, but I don't see what the big deal about it is either.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lorbo

I like it...but I wish the Doctor's villains were smarter. Like the Daleks, given how many times the Doctor owns them by himself no less, makes you wonder how in the world THEY were the reason for the extinction of his race. Unless his race is full of nincompoops as well, and he's the only smart one.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By lightsout

Never seen it, but not a huge interest there. Not a huge sci-fi fan, or fantasy for that matter, I prefer my fiction to be of extra-normal people.

moneyshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By moneyshotz

I love it
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Xanni15

I'm in the middle. It's not bad or anything, but it does wear on you after a while. Kinda repetitive, and god the Daleks are so annoying. I know they're his main villain, but come on already.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

I loved it before River Song. Worst. Character. Ever.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By skooks

I don't hate it but I don't care for it at all.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Pyrogram

I think its awesome.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dernman

I find is incredibly boring and I don't see what other see in it.

Avatar image for quirky_anecdotes
quirky_anecdotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By quirky_anecdotes

I hate doctor who because science makes my brain hurt and thinking is bad for you.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MrDirector786

I don't hate it. I'm just not into it.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCowman

I was a long time fan of the original series.

The new series hasn't been bad. It got a little melodramatic at times and I quickly got tired of the series telling me how great and magical the Doctor is. I preferred it when he was more of the intergalactic hobo he used to be.

Still, the new stuff's had some great episodes and Matt Smith's been a little less weepy, so I'm okay with it.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really liked it until the new series its just gone downhill,I think its the writing.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By impossibilly

I love Doctor Who, but I don't watch Ultimate Spider-Man, so I didn't vote.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By Pyrogram

@mrdecepticonleader said:

I really liked it until the new series its just gone downhill,I think its the writing.

Same, the new series is a bit poo, I loved tennants run!

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Same, the new series is a bit poo, I loved tennants run!

Same here.

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

I like the show, I'm not obsessed with it but I think its okay. Though I wish that there was a writer above Steven Moffat, someone to put the kibosh on his over the top "love conquers all" plots.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skunkstein

Saw one episode a few days back just because of how much its hyped, it was alright, it was the first episode starring Christopher Eccleston. I wanted to it up, but havent had the time.

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Doctor Who was good for a long time. Amazing even! Unfortunately, both Tom Baker and David Tennant couldn't be The Doctor forever.

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CptPanda29

I've started seeing how lazy like 95% of all the episodes are, Ecclestone was probably the most consistent of the new Doctors, Tennant was mostly good but when it bombed it was the absolute worst.

As far as Smith he's a victim of how it's being written as more kid friendly, when he gets to play it how he wants it's really good but its mostly tweed and silliness which is borderline unwatchable.

EdwardWoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EdwardWoods

Watched it since I was a kid, and loved it (Sylvester McCoy was 'my' Doctor, and I remember rushing home from school to watch the film one day and then I saw him dying in the film and then later being replaced by Paul McGann. I cried so goddamn hard)

Thought Christopher Eccleston was top notch as a 'new' Doctor for a new generation, but David Tennant stole the show with his version. I never warmed to Flat Smith, despite the fact that I was constantly being told that the new series was great. I stuck to Torchwoods (mostly because of Eve Myles) but even that went south for me.

So no, I dont hate Doctor Who (not going to vote on the poll, because I havent seen Ultimate Spiderman) but I really hope they get a new Doctor soon.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

He can reverse the polarity of the neutron flow. He'll offer a deadly alien a jelly-baby. He makes wearing a stick of celery a believable fashion choice. He can inspire people to learn French just by saying "Allons-y". He made bow-ties cool again. He is the most interesting Time Lord in the multiverse

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PrinceIMC

I love Doctor Who. They've done some really great touching, scary or kick-ass stories without a big budget. Now they are getting a bigger budget and they still have great storytelling.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheHulk

Hulk no care one way or the other.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

It's nice to see British pop-culture doing well in the States :)

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By RedQueen

Loved David Tennant's run as the Doctor (watched it religiously), watched approximately 1 episode of Smith's. Didn't really like his take.

@Manbehindthewires said:

It's nice to see British pop-culture doing well in the States :)

That too. I actually didn't realise how 'big' it was in the US.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I love it.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Don't know, don't care, the only reason that I would probably start watching it is for a girl. :P

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PrinceIMC

@DarkKnightDetective said:

Don't know, don't care, the only reason that I would probably start watching it is for a girl. :P

Rose and Amy are awesome. I also liked Martha.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@PrinceIMC: I mean as in a girl that I like that also likes Doctor Who.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceIMC

@DarkKnightDetective: Ahh. Yeah my girlfriend loves Doctor who and my best friend is a girl, I've converted her into a fan so there are lots of girls out there into Doctor Who.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@PrinceIMC: It's like the The Doctor fan-girl number increased in the past two years.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ren_

Love it.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By longbowhunter

I'm not a die hard fan. I've seen all the Eccelston, Tennant and most of the Matt Smith episodes though.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheCowman

I think I'm in the minority that actually likes Matt Smith's Doctor the most out of the three new ones.

Though that's mostly to do with the writing. Tennant was great as the Doctor, but they always seemed to have him bawling over something or other. That just didn't seem like the Doctor. I can only remember him getting choked up once in the original series. Also, his little speech about regeneration was a disgrace. It flew directly in the face of all Doctor Who history; even the continuity in the new series.

My other nitpicks are more personal gripes. I hated the romances with the companions. It just seemed completely out of character for the Doctor. I also didn't like that they'd gotten rid of the Time Lords. I always liked the "space bum" aspect of the Doctor and having the rest of the Time Lords around enhanced that feeling. Now as the last Time Lord, he's taken on an even more mythical quality; and holy crap, does the new series love constantly reminding me how fricking magical the Doctor is.

I know it sounds like I don't like the new stuff, but overall I like it just fine. There's just a few specific things I wasn't crazy about.

crazy8504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By crazy8504

I love doctor who the thing that can make it hard to like about it is that you will ultimately get a new person playing the doctor, which is hard for people, because its different from other shows in that respect. its hard to not be skeptical of this person filling in the shoes of some one else. usually when a show changes one of the main character or the star of the show. the series tanks or it wasn't the same anymore. perfect example Stargate SG-1. I love the show from the very end, but I could under stand why people were not happy about richard dean anderson leaving. I liked ben browder in the show, but it was a different team and that turn people off. another example two and half men. personally don't watch the show, but charle sheen was the show and apparently ashton just can't cut it.

what I like about it in doctor who is that no two doctor are the same and they make note of that. none of the doctor ever way the same outfit and some are funny, quicker, or serious. some are young souls, while other are old souls. each has their own catch phrases and companions. each doctor had their own personality and charm. some times its difficult to live up to the the person who play the doctor before them. perfect example before the new series started Tom baker was consider the best doctor and after he left none of the other doctor just seemed good when you compared them. I think david tennant is the tom baker of the new series and it will be hard for people to enjoy anybody else playing the doctor. I however think matt smith is filling the shoe and making them bigger. so what I am afraid if is who will play the doctor after him, because I would not envy that person one bit.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

@TheCowman said:

I think I'm in the minority that actually likes Matt Smith's Doctor the most out of the three new ones.

Though that's mostly to do with the writing. Tennant was great as the Doctor, but they always seemed to have him bawling over something or other. That just didn't seem like the Doctor. I can only remember him getting choked up once in the original series. Also, his little speech about regeneration was a disgrace. It flew directly in the face of all Doctor Who history; even the continuity in the new series.

My other nitpicks are more personal gripes. I hated the romances with the companions. It just seemed completely out of character for the Doctor. I also didn't like that they'd gotten rid of the Time Lords. I always liked the "space bum" aspect of the Doctor and having the rest of the Time Lords around enhanced that feeling. Now as the last Time Lord, he's taken on an even more mythical quality; and holy crap, does the new series love constantly reminding me how fricking magical the Doctor is.

I know it sounds like I don't like the new stuff, but overall I like it just fine. There's just a few specific things I wasn't crazy about.

HIGH FIVE.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheCowman

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

HIGH FIVE.

No Caption Provided