Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Do you agree with ign saying Morrisons batman was the best comic book run of the decade? (51 votes)

Yes 29%
No 71%

So awhile ago ign put out their list of top 25 comic book runs from 2000-2010. They also awarded Grant Morrisons batman run as #1 on their list. Dont get me wrong i LOVED Morrisons run but it is not my favorite of the decade. Mine would have to be Brian Bendis Daredevil run. So my top 5 of the decade is

1.Bendis Daredevil

2.Fraction Iron Man

3.Whedons X-Men

4.Brubaker/Rucka Gotham Central

5. Bendis Ultimate Spiderman

If you wanna see igns list. Link:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/04/19/25-best-comic-runs-of-the-decade

Do u believe Morrisons batman should be #1?

#1 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.

#2 Edited by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it, but not sure if I'd say it's the best run of the decade.

#3 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.

#4 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh why is Bendis' Avengers on the list?

I can kinda agree with Morrison's Batman, I suppose. I'm just glad Brubaker's Cap run is appropriately number 3.

#5 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: yea i thought uncanny xforce or paul dinis run on detective comics were WAY BETTER than bendis avengers

#6 Posted by dondave (35913 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Geoff Johns on Green Lantern

#7 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

From that list, I enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man and Secret Six the most.

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Ugh why is Bendis' Avengers on the list?

I know, right? And why is Simone's Wonder Woman there as well? I mean, I liked her run, but one of the 25 best runs of the past decade? LOLNO.

Where's Johns' JSA? It's way, way better than his Teen Titans. Is it because it started in the 90's? Going by that logic some of the runs included there, like Morrison's Batman, Hickman's F4/FF, David's X-Factor and Johns' Green Lantern, shouldn't be there either since they didn't end before 2010.

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis Daredevil for the win.

#10 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: i think cuz it did start in the 90s is why JSA not on their but i agree Johns run was amazing but i also loved his teen titans run too

#11 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@queencorp15: @smashbrawler: despite what the name of the article is called it was written in 2012 so it may only cover books from the last ten years...that or the writer is extremely late

#12 Posted by SmashBrawler (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: @queencorp15: Like I said, that's not really an excuse considering he included runs that weren't even over when the article was written (hell, Morrison's Batman run isn't even over at this point). Still, I still think Bendis' Avengers is the least deserving one there, hardly one of the best runs of the past decade.

#13 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: he did take the Avengers from a C-List book that was barely making numbers to one of Marvel's top books...whether you or I liked the writing or not he still revitalized the book

#14 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to say yes, because I haven't read the other writers runs, I did collect all of Grant's run on Batman.

#15 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: most of those runs are great except a few but you should definately try an read a couple of them

#16 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

@queencorp15: Yeah, I want to try these two series, I've heard great things.

Bendis Daredevil

Fraction Iron Man

#17 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@queencorp15: Yeah, I want to try these two series, I've heard great things.

Bendis Daredevil

Fraction Iron Man

Co-sign Fraction's, definitely recommend it.

#18 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: yea definately read Fractions Iron Man & Bendis Daredevil they r some of my favorite all time

#19 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have gone

• Whedon's X-Men
  • Grant Morrison's New X-Men.
  • Bendis' Alias
  • Hickman's Fantastic Four
  • Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man

#20 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: YES! I cant believe i forgot Morrisons new xmen its one of my all time favorites an how could they not put it on their!!!

#23 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: thought you meant a comic or something, I feel dumb now :P

#24 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@veshark: thought you meant a comic or something, I feel dumb now :P

Haha all good

#26 Posted by JediXMan (30183 posts) - - Show Bio

It ranks up there. I might be tempted to say that they're right.

#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (15061 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all those listed my favorites are Morrisons Batman,Brubakers Cap,Secret Six and Simone's first Birds of Prey.

#28 Posted by Night Thrasher (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubaker's Cap

JMS's Thor

Fraction's Iron Man

Snyder's Batman

John's Green Lantern

Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF

Some others I can't think of right now are all better...though Morrison's Batman was fine for what it was. I personally wasn't a big fan, but it was enjoyable!

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (37561 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't.

#30 Posted by JM3D (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, really, this is a question that can only be answered by someone who's read every comic run of the past decade. So there's that.

My favorite that I've read is Whedon's X-Men by FAR.

#31 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not the one to say, but feels like there were better than his Batman.

Unlike most I love Bendis' Avengers, especially New/Mighty/Dark Avengers.

#32 Posted by JulieDC (890 posts) - - Show Bio

I did not like Morrison's Batman run at all.

#33 Posted by Billy Batson (57905 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said, that's not really an excuse considering he included runs that weren't even over when the article was written (hell, Morrison's Batman run isn't even over at this point). Still, I still think Bendis' Avengers is the least deserving one there, hardly one of the best runs of the past decade.

Eh. There's been plenty of runs that weren't finished in CBR's top 100 runs lists for example.

BB

#34 Posted by TDK_1997 (14648 posts) - - Show Bio

It deserves the number one spot for me but since a lot of people disagree it should still be in Top 5.Also Morrison's New X-Men run should have been there.

#35 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

he had a good run in batman, if by good you mean you put a bucket over your head and inhaled so many paint fumes that literally anything seems like a good idea then yeah he was good lol

#36 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought making Dick batman was awsome! An all his batman stories........ But i thought snyders detective run was better than morrisons ....... But black mirror is also in my top 5 stories of all time