Do we even want Spider-Man or X-men at Marvel Studios?

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hit_Monkey

With all this talk about Marvel trying to hash out a deal with Sony to get Spidey in the MCU. Made me think that if they did get him for it or X-Men for that matter? They would just bust out a gazillion Spider-Man/X-men movies all the time and stop taking chances with other properties like GotG, Inhumans, Dr Strange or even AoA/Agent Carter on tv.

I'm glad they've had to use more left-field characters for the movies. Hope it's a trend that continues. I'd be quite happy if X-men and Spider-Man took place outside the MCU.

*The same thing could be said of Fantastic Four too?

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"They would just bust out a gazillion Spider-Man/X-men movies all the time and stop taking chances with other properties like GotG, Inhumans, Dr Strange or even AoA/Agent Carter on tv."

Didn't realize you went into the future

Anyways I doubt if they acquired them it'd change anything big, if anything, it makes it even better as it means they can

A) include more characters and expand the universe further

B) it could help give them more ideas with where they wanna go

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well since they screwed up Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch only to align with the movies and cancelled Fantastic Four - yes. Yes I do want Marvel to get the rights back if that's the type of game they're playing.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to be that guy but to me having a good spiderman movie would better than giving guardians or in humans movies. Even ant man and doc strange. Don't mind them existing within the universe but do they need movies? Not saying they can't be good but if I can get an avengers vs men movie instead, yes I want them to go to disney

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few years ago I really wanted MARVEL Studios to get Spider-Man back, but now I really just "meh"'about it. If it happens then cool, if not I'm not really sweatin' it. True adding Spider-Man and XMEN to the fold would only help them, but Disney/MARVEL Studios is doing just fine without them too. Plus with Spider-Man and XMEN more likely taking more time to develop, there's a good chance other characters wouldn't be getting an opportunity to shine as well. Maybe highly anticipated films like Black Panther, InHumans, GotG2, Doc Strange wouldn't be happening....idk... In theory it sounds great to bring in the outside properties, but personally I'm fine without them and looking foward to the slate of films already panned out going into next decade.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Spider-Man? Oh hell yes! But I think the X-Men are gonna be fine now that fox actually knows what the hell they're doing with them.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

especially FF so they can do Doctor Doom justice, those sons of whores think he is the 'generic' lightning/radioactive villain

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999 said:

Didn't realize you went into the future

I did and it's bleak. Thousands of Spider-Man and Wolverine movies. As far as your eyes can see. The rest just get supporting roles and cameos in the never ending sequels machine gunned out by Marvel Studios. It's a world torn asunder.

"A) include more characters and expand the universe further."

In all fairness though your 'Point A' above did sway me. It would offer more characters..

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Spiderman and no Wolverine were the reasons the MCU got so great.

A few years ago I really wanted MARVEL Studios to get Spider-Man back, but now I really just "meh"'about it. If it happens then cool, if not I'm not really sweatin' it. True adding Spider-Man and XMEN to the fold would only help them, but Disney/MARVEL Studios is doing just fine without them too. Plus with Spider-Man and XMEN more likely taking more time to develop, there's a good chance other characters wouldn't be getting an opportunity to shine as well. Maybe highly anticipated films like Black Panther, InHumans, GotG2, Doc Strange wouldn't be happening....idk... In theory it sounds great to bring in the outside properties, but personally I'm fine without them and looking foward to the slate of films already panned out going into next decade.

No Caption Provided

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd want Disney to have Spidey and F4 cause they ain't getting justice where they are now, I'd only want them to have X-Men for a Wolverine vs Hulk movie

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes to Spiderman, no to X-Men.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe I am saying this, but I think Spidey would do a lot better in the hands of Disney (Marvel).

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#14  Edited By black_wreath

No I like where they are now.

MCU is taking chances on lesser known brands and is serving them well thus far.

As muddled as Amazing Spider-man 2 was, I still want more Garfield as Spidey and think it's far from a lost cause.

I don't see X-Men working in the MCU, I honestly don't really get the whole mutants are a persecuted group but other superpowered beings aren't dealy in the comics. They still have many places they can go on their own and like in the comics I think X-Men is better when they keep to themselves.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Even though the Fox X-Men movies are not my favourite, they should stay at Fox because there is no space for mutants in the MCU...

Spidey and FF may work though

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

There are 7 comic movies coming out in 2016 and 10 in 2017. I think that the studios realize that there is enough demand to flood the market with movies. The only thing with holding them under one umbrella at MCU would be that it would allow for greater oversight, and avoid problems like what is likely to happen to the upcoming Fantastic Four, and also allow them to space movies out logically.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AAnge4315

With all this talk about Marvel trying to hash out a deal with Sony to get Spidey in the MCU. Made me think that if they did get him for it or X-Men for that matter? They would just bust out a gazillion Spider-Man/X-men movies all the time and stop taking chances with other properties like GotG, Inhumans, Dr Strange or even AoA/Agent Carter on tv.

I'm glad they've had to use more left-field characters for the movies. Hope it's a trend that continues. I'd be quite happy if X-men and Spider-Man took place outside the MCU.

*The same thing could be said of Fantastic Four too?

Its about kind of like whether you are being a completionist or not.

Example: Do you want to collect all Pokemon to fill up your pokedex? Or do you just enjoy the main game using a select group of Pokemon you like?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I think Spidey was doing just fine on his own. Up until DOFP, I would've said the X-Men needed to be revived, but they're doing okay now.

But that doesn't mean I'm against them being in the MCU.

The Fantastic 4, now that's a completely different story.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I like where they are now.

MCU is taking chances on lesser known brands and is serving them well thus far.

As muddled as Amazing Spider-man 2 was, I still want more Garfield as Spidey and think it's far from a lost cause.

I don't see X-Men working in the MCU, I honestly don't really get the whole mutants are a persecuted group but other superpowered beings aren't dealy in the comics. They still have many places they can go on their own and like in the comics I think X-Men is better when they keep to themselves.

THIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't care what happens with the rights to Spider-Man or Andrew Garfield for that matter. I just want a good Spider-Man movie.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I want Marvel to have the right back but if that negatively impacts the quality of any of their movies then I'm not interested. I enjoying seeing lesser known franchises get their shot I want that to continue.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I just wish they could get Dr. Doom back.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hit_Monkey

Having thought about I'd like Fantastic Four back to Marvel. Not X-Men or Spidey. Just FF. Cause Doom, Silver Surfer and Marvel Studios would do a hell of Fantastic Four movie. .

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Primez0ne

Having thought about I'd like Fantastic Four back to Marvel. Not X-Men or Spidey. Just FF. Cause Doom, Silver Surfer and Marvel Studios would do a hell of Fantastic Four movie. .

I also think they would be able make better use of the Fantastic Four than Fox.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

If it means getting a good Spidey flick, yes.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

I don't care what happens with the rights to Spider-Man or Andrew Garfield for that matter. I just want a good Spider-Man movie.

We already had 4 of those.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are the Avengers " left field characters"?

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey said:

I also think they would be able make better use of the Fantastic Four than Fox.

Like I said, Marvel Studios would do a hell of Fantastic Four movie. .

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it means getting a good Spidey flick, yes.

At the potential cost of other unexplored or only recently explored properties being overlooked for future MCU films?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ryagan said:

We already had 4 of those.

Nope, I'd argue we only had two--the first two of the original trilogy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@hit_monkey: Marvel is good at multitasking, they won't overlook anyone.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I don't want Spider-Man or X-Men to be constrained by the Marvel Universe. I dig what fox is doing with X-Men and I think Sony will get their shit together after NK practically took a sh*t in their open mouths.

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah because I want to see the interactions between the characters. Plus (with F4) Galactus in the MCU would be pretty awesome.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Spider-man would be nice to see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe just because Sony is coming to a point where they really don't know what to do with him. They are getting lost. I think giving it to Marvel and giving him a Netflix show (Spidey has such large mythos that to truly get everything out of him would be as a series) and maybe a movie or two would be nice.

X-Men are doing fine on there own. I honestly think they are working better without all the rest.

Fantastic Four better be thrown back to Marvel. Everything about the movie is terrible. I can only imagine what they'll be doing with the Silver Surfer. Making him a anti-virus software to fight off the Galactus virus Dr. Doom created?

Though that is just my opinion with the movies.

When it comes to how they are running their comics I say give Marvel back the X-Men and Fantastic Four. Or at least the Fantastic Four. While the X-Men might be screwed with they are too big to truly put down. Marvel is going to be showing how it easy it is for them to take down the Fantastic Four.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I don't mind X-men and Fantastic Four with Fox. I feel like they're doing pretty good so far. However, Spider-man is too big to just be "meh" about. He's one of the big 3, and Sony is really just butchering it.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Spambot

I feel like the problem with Spiderman right now is you need a new direction to go with him in. If its going to be yet another reboot or yet another rehash with the same old villains we've already seen then I say why bother. Personally, I'd rather see some other characters in movies first. X-men I feel is ok where it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask yourself if you wanna see Jean Grey throw down with the Avengers, or Venom fighting Wolverine.