#1 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

As we all know, the Green Lantern movie was not a good film.

It may not have been a good movie but they have left a tease for future films, they showed Sinestro putting on his Yellow Power ring. So I'm asking, do they need to reboot completely? I'd love to see another film in the franchise but there's a lot that needs to be changed.

1: The Green Lantern. People might not want to see the film if we still have Hal Jordan. Sure, Ryan Reynolds played a good Hal Jordan but he might make people have very low expectations for the film. I think they should use John Stewart because most people would know him from the Justice League's two animated shows and in a possible Justice League film you would want John as the Lantern.

2: The Suits: The suits weren't good they should change to the more armoured New 52 look.

3: More teases: Why not have the main character go into Guy Gardener's bar or meet a forensic scientist called Barry Allen ( I'd love if the next scene was Green Lantern flying over Central City in a storm ). Of course we're going to need those Superman/ Batman teases if we are going to get a Justice League movie.

4: The villains: Don't go straight for the big, famous bad guys this time, okay?

So, what do you think? Do they need to reboot the franchise completely?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they do. It was terrible and needs a reboot.

#3 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

No they need to stop rebooting every damn bad film that comes out and just start making better sequels . They could do everything you said in a sequel .

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

no they don't.They should just make it a stone alone film with the same tone as man of steel.

#5 Edited by Dernman (15808 posts) - - Show Bio

Reboot that garbage and replace the entire cast except Sinestro.

#6 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

keep Blake Lively away, that's all I need.

#7 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it does; just make a live-action adaptation of Green Lantern: First Flight.

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jai White as John Stewart.

S'all I'm saying..........

#9 Posted by Ms. Omega (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

It needs one badly.

#10 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Reboot that garbage and replace the entire cast except Sinestro.

This.

#11 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

Make a sequel to redeem the first one.

#12 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Just make a sequel that introduces John Stewart as the Hal Jordan's straight man and it could work better. Sinestro as the straight man to Hal's antics didn't work as well for me because you can't pal around with Sinestro. He's supposed to be above it all.

#13 Posted by cellophaneshield (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Not a bad choice but I, personally, would go with Idris Elba.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35151 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: No it doesn't just a better director and writer 
#15 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@cellophaneshield: Also a great choice. Whoever is taller lol.

#16 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

the only reason it was bad was because of bad writing, directing, and that a whole part of it was CGI.

#17 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't that bad. It's not a great movie but it's one you can be entertained by. Not every comic film needs to be movie of the year or Oscar worthy .

#18 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing Hal Jordan in the movie AND the comics would be a good start.

#19 Posted by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

Reboot it with Hal Jordan as hero but maybe you shouldn't have the origin again but just hace the origin explained by text or quick scenes in the beginning of the movie. Do a full on Sinestro war arc.

#20 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it.

#21 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3901 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't necessarily have to do a full on reboot. They could do just do what The Incredible Hulk did and just make a "requel". Like already said, they just need better script writers and a diff director and it could work out just fine.

#22 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JediXMan: No it doesn't just a better director and writer

And new lead actor. It's just easier to erase the abomination entirely and make a new movie.

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35151 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

And new lead actor. It's just easier to erase the abomination entirely and make a new movie.

It wasn't THAT bad, the only diffrance between Green Lantern and Thor was a good villain 
#24 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JediXMan said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

It wasn't THAT bad, the only diffrance between Green Lantern and Thor was a good villain

And really, really bad acting, annoying CGI, characters with absolutely no personality, A CLOUD, bad storyline, disregard for established character traits and actual origin, lack of motivation for Sinestro's "fall to the dark side," etc.

Yes, it was that bad.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35151 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JediXMan said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

It wasn't THAT bad, the only diffrance between Green Lantern and Thor was a good villain

And really, really bad acting, annoying CGI, characters with absolutely no personality, A CLOUD, bad storyline, disregard for established character traits and actual origin, lack of motivation for Sinestro's "fall to the dark side," etc.

Yes, it was that bad.

I disagree 
#26 Posted by Mizz_Coconut (142 posts) - - Show Bio

kind of felt like thye were jumping on the bandwagon without any real idea of where to take the movie or have any desire to expand past amazing graphics and ryan reynolds.

Ryan Reynolds really annoys me as ANY AND EVERY superhero.

Total reboot is the way forward for this franchise but in a few years not straight away

#27 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I disagree

Okay.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (26070 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enosisik:  

No they need to stop rebooting every damn bad film that comes out and just start making better sequels . They could do everything you said in a sequel .

This, a reboot would be silly, just make a fantastic sequel to make up for the poor beginning.
#29 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner please!

#30 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19 said:

the only reason it was bad was because of bad writing, directing, and that a whole part of it was CGI.

So the only reason it was a bad movie is because it had all the elements of a Bad Movie? Also, Ryan Reynolds was miscast as Hal Jordan. I like Ryan well enough...but its just not a good role for him.

#31 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: yep

#32 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree.. Ryan is better as a side kick who gives you semi-funny one liners and acts cowardly while complaining about his bad luck until the big moment where he pulls out some cool moves and proves that he was badass the whole time .

#33 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

stop making another film just for green lantern. just put green lantern in the justice league film