Do they have modern technology in asgard?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dondave

I was with all their interactions with humans and asgard being in oklahoma that some they'd get some technology

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

To be honest I think they rely more on mystical/mythological items more, since they specialize in them more. Plus it's more efficient since magic > science.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By cameron83

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

To be honest I think they rely more on mystical/mythological items more, since they specialize in them more. Plus it's more efficient since magic > science.

EnlloLeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EnlloLeal

Just Kid Loki

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Zdaybreak

I thought that the Asgardians were retconned into being aliens so that Marvel could look more 'realistic'.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Depends on the writer. Some writers write Asgard as having advanced futuristic technology, some write Asgard as relying on ancient devices that could be comparable to modern day or advanced technology save for the idea the Asgardians view it as traditional or mystical. Some mix and match. Some, Asgard is more fantasy inspired and there is no need for technology because Asgardians don't need it. Another way you look at it is asking whether Twitter, and You Tube has lots of 80 year olds using it? After a certain point people tend to resist change. Imagine how people who consider living a few centuries as being young are with change. In recent times the fantasy setting with no need for technology seems most in flavor.  

@Shotgun said:

I thought that the Asgardians were retconned into being aliens so that Marvel could look more 'realistic'.

They are still roughly descended from Elder gods, and their respective pantheons head deities/primordial beings and still basically considered gods. The alien story was an out of continuity alt reality idea.