#1 Posted by flazam (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Brain is more Important for a Superhero but they sorta need both what do you think? are you a Hulk or a Prof.X

#2 Edited by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor Hulk.

#3 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

A good mix of both is important.

#4 Posted by Dayvid3 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

Both ideally or smarts, but who doesn't like it when the good guy finally flexes there muscles and whups up on the bad guys? How loved and ingrained is that "don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." line?

#5 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

It is not 'or'

it should be 'and'

they need them both

#6 Posted by Pyrogram (40933 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

It is not 'or'

it should be 'and'

they need them both

This

#7 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: batman is popular because he is smart and knows martial arts, spiderman because he is brainy and can take down strong foes, superman as well

#8 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

"Brain beats brawn, every time" - Lex Luthor.

But in all honesty, superheroes need a mix of both. Superheroes, to survive the high-pressure situations they constantly find themselves in, need to be masters of various disciplines. I'm not saying that superheroes are jack-of-all-trades, but ideally, they need a good mix of both mental skills and powers.

#9 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@flazam said:

I think Brain is more Important for a Superhero but they sorta need both what do you think? are you a Hulk or a Prof.X

Read Indestructible Hulk. See the best of both worlds combined into one.

#10 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Sex Appeal.

#11 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Balance. If you're too far either way your screwed.

#12 Posted by bob808 (6779 posts) - - Show Bio

Both

#13 Edited by JediXMan (30942 posts) - - Show Bio

Both is ideal, but typically intelligence wins out over strength.

#14 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

Brain is more important. If you are smart enough, you should know to be strong as well. They'd probably make something to make strong (superhero strong).

#15 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8238 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'd say a good balance of both would be important, but if it where a chose between the two, then brain.

With brain you can build yourself an Iron Man suit. ;)

Somewhat off topic: I'd like to see the new "Superman Unchained" series showcase some of Kal-El's smarts as well as his strength.

#16 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

"Brain beats brawn, every time" - Lex Luthor.

But in all honesty, superheroes need a mix of both. Superheroes, to survive the high-pressure situations they constantly find themselves in, need to be masters of various disciplines. I'm not saying that superheroes are jack-of-all-trades, but ideally, they need a good mix of both mental skills and powers.

#17 Posted by sinestro_GL (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

You can't have one without the other to be a good hero.

I guess there are probably more examples that intellect>strength, but I do feel that it is more satisfying to have both.

#18 Posted by nappystr8 (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

I think both are pretty necessary elements. Brains is probably more important, hence why "Batman always wins", but a superhero without any brawn or powers, well, that's not a superhero it's just a smart guy.

#19 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

Brain probably more. Even hulk who is supposed to be all brawn has received an intelligence boost showing that brains are more important to be more effective

#20 Posted by comicace3 (6013 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

You can't have one without the other to be a good hero.

I guess there are probably more examples that intellect>strength, but I do feel that it is more satisfying to have both.

yup

#21 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the hero. With people like Doom, Lex Luthor, and Mr. Fantastic, brain is obviously more important, but with with certain characters brawn is pretty much it.

#22 Posted by sagejonathan (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

It takes all kinds, sir.

#23 Posted by i_like_swords (15811 posts) - - Show Bio

You just gotta have some balls and you're good to go.