Do manga characters have hack abilities?

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was thinking earlier when i realised god manga characters have op abilities. Like genjutsu for example itachi could defeat anyone in comics if they had chakra. Even the ssj power ups in dbz it put goku from a mid to a high level character now with SSJGod he's galaxy buster level. Even in fairytail me and a few friends seriously wondered if zeref hit galactcus with a death blast would it kill him the ability just eradicates life? I seriously think some mangas have OP abilities. It makes it so hard to compare it with everything else since there so unclear.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know onepunch man is gonna start casually punching holes in reality at some point.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackWind

Read Get Backers. You'll see plenty of haxx.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And comics don't?

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. Telepathy is a pretty hack ability and it's quite common in comics. Though manga tends to go out of it's way to find the cheapest possible powers and give them to characters.

RadioStar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of characters in fiction have hax abilities, ranging from movies to video games.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hax*

Hacks is so not L337.

Anywho, yeah. Manga characters have some pretty hax abilities that can bypass durability and such.

But then again, characters from all forms of fiction do.

Video Game characters usually have Time/Soul/etc. Manipulation, Comic Book Characters have things like Reality Warping/Telepathy/Matter Manipulation, and Cartoon Characters have Toon Force.

So at the end of the day...it kinda evens out.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know onepunch man is gonna start casually punching holes in reality at some point.

Pretty sure he's actually going against God in the next arc... lol*Not the redrawn one, the regular one*

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: yeah, garou was strong, but he's not god, lol. Still, can't wait to see the redrawn fight with garou. That's gonna be epic

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power: Not talking about Garou, the next person Saitama fights is God I think.

But yah, can't wait to see Golden Sperm hit the page*that sounded wrong lol*

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: yeah, sorry, I was actually agreeing with you. I just worded that wrong. I know you meant the not redrawn one. I was simply complying :)

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chazz85

@wolfrazer: Of course comics has op characters like flash or silver surfer. But i'm talking about those odd abilities in manga which usually belong to high level characters everywere else.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85:

don't even think that odd abilities that killed beings within or above that caster's level would work on beings way beyond his/her paygrade because if you do, you're way overestimating things and commit a no-limits fallacy.

Avatar image for 2muchspiteonthissite
2muchSPITEonTHISsite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they aren't op but they have stupid powers

basically none of them have increased durability or healing

yet somehow they can loose all of there blood

they can get shot, stabbed, flattened, have there head blown off, have cannonball holes in there chest....(whitebeard)

but somehow they magically will themselves to stay alive.....the only explanation is "they is badass bruh" -anime fanboys

the way the characters are drawn is dumb...manga and anime's american fanbase....dumb

not all manga/anime fans......just the teenage girl ones...lots of teenage girls are into anime

.....for some unknown reason girls color there hair weird colors when they like anime

i like some anime/ manga.....but a lot of it is repetitive garbage

"sits here waiting for hate"......

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TysonCage

lol Not gonna hate, since it's your opinion and all, and I respect that, as I hope you'll respect mine.

Okay, time for a little history lesson.

Demographics are not genres. There, I've said the most important thing you need to learn about manga/anime.

Shounen: Manga/Anime geared towards younger males.
Seinen: Manga/Anime geared towards older teens and adult males. Compare the usage of "graphic novels" and "comic books".
Shoujo: Anime, but more often manga, geared towards younger females.
Josei: Anime, but usually manga, geared towards older females.

Now for a little something extra:

Weeaboo: A derogatory term used by non-Japanese, usually Westerners, to insult people who likes Japanese stuff.
Actual definition of Weeaboo: A non-Japanese who acts like a Japanese, usually in manners that make them look stupid, and more importantly, make actual Japanese look stupid (especially when they used "kawaii" and "moe" in inappropriate fashions). The original reason people hates weeaboo is because they make Japanese look stupid. Nowadays, it's used as an excuse to bash any interest in Japanese goods/culture, especially anime/manga.

Now, while it is true that shounen manga do have a lot of crazy stuff going on that don't care much for making sense, seinen manga is another story entirely. That said, most seinen manga don't bother to have superheroes in their stories. Sci-Fi/Medieval Fantasy, yes, maybe, but not very often superheroes. Most of the time, in fact, seinen manga tell more realistic slice-of-life stories than anything close to fantasy, due to their targeted audience. While some may argue that Death Note can be considered seinen, it is technically a shounen manga, specifically because it was first published in "Shounen JUMP," a magazine that publishes new shounen stories before they become official (kinda like "Amazing Fantasy," "Journey Into Mystery," "Tales of Astonish," etc.).

So there you have it. It is not manga characters that have hack abilities; it is shounen manga characters that do. Big difference. It's like comparing a Disney movie with a Hayao Miyazaki movie, or Micky Mouse Works with Family Guy.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Not really.

Btw the characters you listed barely fit my definition of hax.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Gonna say itachi genjutsu does. He could use that on anyone with chakra and flatten em

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getbackers