#1 Posted by SNascimento (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a time when they have to let go of the ring? Or they don't get old while using it?

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11704 posts) - - Show Bio

i think some do.

#3 Edited by sagejonathan (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so. I don't know any examples though.

#4 Posted by bob808 (5207 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they do.

#5 Edited by ALFMutant (134 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't get the chance to, they always die before.

#6 Edited by JonSmith (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

They age normally, but the ring doesn't really require retirement: It's not a physically taxing job, a skilled Green Lantern literally never has to move a muscle to solve a problem. It's all about willpower, imagination, and experience. An old Green Lantern will have an incredible amount of all three of those things, having been through sufficient hell in the line of duty to bolster his willpower, been put through so many situations he'd have to get very imaginative to survive, and through that survival, earn experience in how best to operate.

Really, most Lanterns would get MORE dangerous as they get older, not less.

#7 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

In Johns run... No one makes it to retirement :p

#8 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

They age normally, but the ring doesn't really require retirement: It's not a physically taxing job, a skilled Green Lantern literally never has to move a muscle to solve a problem. It's all about willpower, imagination, and experience. An old Green Lantern will have an incredible amount of all three of those things, having been through sufficient hell in the line of duty to bolster his willpower, been put through so many situations he'd have to get very imaginative to survive, and through that survival, earn experience in how best to operate.

this Some do retire I think though.

#9 Posted by sinestro_GL (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

@snascimento: In Blackest Night, I remember Hal mentioning that death is the only way out.

Of course you can get expelled from the Corps, like Sinestro and Hal have, but I'm under the impression that unless you piss of the guardians (pre52 anyway), then it's a lifelong job.

#10 Posted by comicace3 (1859 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Ditto. What he said.

#11 Edited by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said: