do comics come in braille?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

forgive me if this isnt the right forum but i was wondering i have a cousin that is blind and his favorite charachter is dare devil and do such comics come in braille? because i wanted to get him some dare devil books for christmas

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

That's actually really sweet.

Good luck.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's actually really sweet.

Good luck.

i feel bad for him because hes a huge fan of the charachter. i tried to google search it but nothing on my end sadly

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By attatje

@tazzmission: I´m sorry but There not that many Marvel audio-comics (only civil war and a spiderman) however DC does do graphic audio comics a lot more

They explain what´s happening and have soundeffects it´s available in MP3 and more just google dc comics graphic audio or on the graphicaudio site marvel

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The only thing I've found is one called Life, but this is not a Daredevil comic sadly. I guess that due to it being a visual medium focused on art work, no one has found a sufficient way to translate that for the vision impaired, and even more sadly the cost for the distributors to double up printing and distribution of issues in such a way is probably not cost effective when talking about main characters ad properties.

What about audio books? Or novels (non graphic) that are for the vision impaired? Anything useful in those avenues?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By batmannflash

Unfortunately, I don't think any Marvel comics come in braille. However, I'm sure you could find audio comics

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: You have also audio comics search on google : dc comics graphic audio

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By attatje

@batmannflash: Yeah DC started to make audio-comics and now marvel has followed with civil war and some spiderman story but DC has many more

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish you luck in finding what you need. Marvel tends to be a real sucker for stories like this, though. (They wrote a comic for a kid who needed a hearing aid to make him feel better.) I would say you should contact them and ask them about getting Daredevil in Braille. You never know.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

... wow.

First, I applaud you for your effort.

Second, it's rather bothersome that comics don't come in braille. That is a terrible thing for the companies to neglect. Especially since Daredevil was written with the intent of encouraging people and showing them that people with disabilities can be heroes, they should have a way to give access to people.

I think the best option would be to look for audio books. I know only a handful of comics, though.

This might sound odd, but try visiting your local library. They might have ideas. Failing that, visit bookstores. I would also encourage you to, in some way, get across to the companies that they are neglecting people who want to read their comic books.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

... wow.

First, I applaud you for your effort.

Second, it's rather bothersome that comics don't come in braille. That is a terrible thing for the companies to neglect. Especially since Daredevil was written with the intent of encouraging people and showing them that people with disabilities can be heroes, they should have a way to give access to people.

I think the best option would be to look for audio books. I know only a handful of comics, though.

This might sound odd, but try visiting your local library. They might have ideas. Failing that, visit bookstores. I would also encourage you to, in some way, get across to the companies that they are neglecting people who want to read their comic books.

maybe what i will do is ask my shop or something. thanks for the replies everybody

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsterStomp

Man that sucks, and its ironic too. I wouldn't think comic books would come in braille. The majority of comic books are about the pictures.