• 145 results
t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By t209

Well, they did have GOTG cartoon coming up.

The comic was...Gamora is more like Kenshin, as in deadly assassin who became kind-hearted way. And it's gonna be movie version, which meant no comic version of Nova (Sam Alexander and/or Richard Rider).

As much as I hate USM Nova, my headcannon feel that he might be half human with Xandarian father (maybe alternate history where Eva abducted by alien, rescued by a Nova corp member, fell in love, had children, and possibly had their children see them get killed). I was hoping like Issue 31 to end with Chitauri discovering that Jesse is the last Xandarian and forced to reveal to Kaelynn. Seriously, all of Marvel's half aliens are either bastard children and/or orphans, can't we have at least one with good upbringing.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@judasnixon: Ahhhhh that's reasonable enough, I suppose. I gave them a chance and they were also not for me. I don't think even having them cancelled would get the other stuff back on the air so I don't get too worked up about it. It would be nice to get some cartoons adults could enjoy as well as this wee kid stuff, but I won't hold my breath.

As far as fans complaining, I can understand it. This is the place for it, and better here then in an indefinite amount of random "I'm pissed" threads users tend to throw up.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, both of these series suck and they won't die.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By tx12100

Stupid And Shit. I'll just watch All Upcoming Netflix Marvel series.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't !!!

It give them moore money to do their shitty cartoon.

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By t209

I don't know but DC hadn't make animated shows since Brave and the Bold. And Teen Titans Go's only show I know.

I think DC maybe as movie orientated as Marvel..wait! Justice League was premiered with no tie ins, Batman may have been inspired by Tim Burton but they actually tried to make it their own universe.

Yep, my friend was right. Marvel had a penchant for making too many tie-ins (See Scarlet Witch's parents, Chitauri in 616, and the aforementioned shows).

Now, time will tell if they will adapt One More Day for Spiderman.

TheCollectorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 75

Maybe they will do a better job than than the last season On Avengers.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. They really brought the target demographic down for these, Avenger's EMH was soooo much better.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Unfortunate as both shows are pretty bad. Nothing on Earths Mightest heroes and Spectacular Spider - Man

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thank you @judasnixon for being the voice of reason among a bunch of whiners. And @teerack there are several really good reasons as to why cartoons for the characters you listed will never get cartoons:

1. As stated before, cartoons are generally meant for kids and not adults who have been reading comics for a long time.

2. Daredevil could not be done as a good cartoon because two characters central to his universe, Bullseye and Elektra, could not be done at all or they would be so dumbed down that adult fans would riot.

3. No kid knows who Cloak and Dagger or the New Warriors are whereas most kids knows who the Avengers, Spiderman, and now the GOTG are.

4. How would one even do a Cloak and Dagger or New warriors cartoon? None of those characters have a rogues gallery so one could not do episodes for multiple seasons.

Avatar image for rastafirianjudge97
RastafirianJudge97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: still not an excuse to be bad, EMH and Spectacular Spider-Man were aimed at kids and still had great quality

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Kyle_Dornez

@vandinejd_1991 said:

4. How would one even do a Cloak and Dagger or New warriors cartoon? None of those characters have a rogues gallery so one could not do episodes for multiple seasons.

Well, that would be a chance to actually give them one. It's not like making new characters is some forbidden lost art. Right?

Avatar image for i_love_purgatori
I_Love_Purgatori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Meh I'll stick to finger banging my cat.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyle_dornez: True, but Marvel isnt really known for creating new characters in their cartoons or video games. The only characters that theyve created in other media that i know of are Phil Coulson and his S.H.I.E.L.D. team, Ivan Vanko's Whiplash, and Darren Cross' Yellowjacket.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyle_dornez: True, but Marvel isnt really known for creating new characters in their cartoons or video games. The only characters that theyve created in other media that i know of are Phil Coulson and his S.H.I.E.L.D. team, Ivan Vanko's Whiplash, and Darren Cross' Yellowjacket.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you @judasnixon for being the voice of reason among a bunch of whiners.

What Judasnixion say is bullshit and we are all the legetimate to complain aboot the renow of horrible cartoon, who nobody demand, even children.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I can't wait for Black Panther.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just gonna leave this right here...

No Caption Provided

Good times, good times. *sniff*

I worry how they will use Ms. Marvel/Kamala as so far none of these shows have been very good and show characters as very skin deep. Making me think Ms. Marvel will be nothing but a overactive fangirl.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#122  Edited By Teerack

@vandinejd_1991 said:

1. As stated before, cartoons are generally meant for kids and not adults who have been reading comics for a long time.

Yeah so they could make them about anyone and it shouldn't matter what characters are popular because all the kids who watch the X-Men/Spider-Man cartoons never read the comics.

@vandinejd_1991 said:

2. Daredevil could not be done as a good cartoon because two characters central to his universe, Bullseye and Elektra, could not be done at all or they would be so dumbed down that adult fans would riot.

That's just your own lack of imagination.

@vandinejd_1991 said:

3. No kid knows who Cloak and Dagger or the New Warriors are whereas most kids knows who the Avengers, Spiderman, and now the GOTG are.

Did you think most kid knew who the Teen Titans were when they made that cartoon?(They didn't) Like you said before kids arent reading the comics before they seee the shows so it doesn't matter if they know who they are yet.

@vandinejd_1991 said:

You could make up new villains or uses other characters villains to make the shows work. Teen Titans made up most of their own villains for the TV show and that was arguably the best super hero cartoon with a rogue gallery that honestly rivals Flash for the best villains. No one knew who most of the members in Young Justice were so the idea that you need to know who they are is wrong. Hell they made a GotG movie and a Green Arrow tv show it's pretty much proven needing to know the characters before hand is not necessary. I mean who knew who Static Shock was? And They made up all of his villains for the show.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrkareemruiz: You take that back, she's pretty much the Plastic Man of Marvel Universe (Stretchy and funny, unlike the scientist from four heroes who got cosmic radiation).

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@risingbean: Look at this guy......

@ramior said:

Fuck Marvel.

Fuck their Movie.

Fuck Disney.

Fuck the parent who let their children watched this crap instead of better show.

Fuck the people who know is crap but they will wachted because they character they like will be appear, even they will be cleary butchred.

Fuck the world.

Fuck everithing.

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I actually enjoy these shows. So, more power to me! :D

WORD!!!

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ramior said:
@vandinejd_1991 said:

What Judasnixion say is bullshit and we are all the legetimate to complain aboot the renow of horrible cartoon, who nobody demand, even children.

How could I ever make an argument against this.......

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: Well. considering that the animated shorts about the Guardians origins, based on the film versions, have been aired around the net more or less illegally months ago... I'd say it would be pretty weird if the actual show wouldn't be aired eventually. Though I found the animation mostly okay in the shorts, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't keep to the style of the teaser shown at NY comic con.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By BlackLegRaph

*Sigh. Lord have mercy.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:
@vandinejd_1991 said:

What you said here attest of the imposibilitty to find quality over this orendous cartoon.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Memes. That would be my weapon of choice.

Avatar image for i_love_purgatori
I_Love_Purgatori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@avenging_x_boltSure, it will probably take the two of us just to get a rise out of that old alley cat anyway but I'm confident that together we can make her purr.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im gonna put some money down saying that the Captain and Ms Marvel will be Mar-vel and Carol Danvers in the rolls, not Carol and Kamala. Can anyone confirm that its C and K and not M and C?

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Ramior

@risingbean: How aboot admit is a shitty and stop insult people who have all the reason to take donw This show.

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So do you think they will adapt One More Day or put a metaphorical middle finger to it.

If latter, Peter Parker and Mary Jane would decide to date during Civil War arc rather than erasing it to save their dying aunt.

I do not have high hopes for it since both of them broke up since first episode (*Kiss Yuck* MISTAKE) and may have sold their marriage to Joe Q..I mean Cosmic Cube.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How? Both these shows make me want to tear my eyes out every time I see a glimpse of them. Yet an awesome show like Avengers EMH only gets two seasons.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stmichalofwilson: Gotta love the references.

Loki: "I put my mind in Spiderman's body."

Ock: "Good idea. I should remember that."

On topic, these shows are kinda "meh" to me. I hate to compare stuff like this but EMH was a comic oriented Avengers show. Assemble is too much like the movies. (Seriously, they probably added Ant-Man just because the movie comes out like...next month?) Plus the villains were much more badass and operated on a larger scale. Ultron >>> Ultron

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can they make these shows more than boring Villains of the Weak and corny jokes thrown in under 23 minutes? Not flame-baiting or anything I'm just saying..Agents of Shield and Avengers Assemble are basically same show but different people. Not sure about Spider-man since it's going into a 'new"direction

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to watch Avengers Assemble and couldn't do it...

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway: That's why I like about Justice League shows.

Movies are too limited, too young, and audience need to know about comics that were more interesting. Except for the few "mishaps" (Clone Saga, One More Day, Ms. Marvel getting raped by a crazy guy in time limbo thing, Avengers Vs. X-Men etc.)

Heck, I was hoping for crossover between Wolverine and the X-Men and Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Captain America beating up Senator Kelly and Bolivar Trask over mutant persecution, Avengers bringing in Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch for Affirmative Action, and TRY NOT TO MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE ANTI MUTANTS AND RACE TRAITORS LIKE IN THE COMIC).

Tahajj-Vandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sora_thekey: Man I much like everybody in the chat miss Spectacular spider-Man. Even though Ultimate doesn't compare it's actually not as bad as I though it'd would be. All the Marvel shows currently airing are heavily directed towards a younger audience so a lot of people are up set. Upside is they could be like DC and only have one animated show on their roster.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:

@risingbean: How aboot admit is a shitty and stop insult people who have all the reason to take donw This show.

I'd insult you more over the massive F bomb drop and the fact you're not smart enough to know the site rules before you run your mouth. I already don't mind if people dislike the shows. I said as much. I don't like the shows.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Ramior

F bomb ?

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

@tahajj-vandle: Yeah, I'm not hating on Ultimate Spider-Man. I watched the first season and half of the second and I thought for the most part it was a fun show. The thing I miss about Spectacular is its storytelling. Although most of the villains were episode self-contained, the overall story with Peter prolonged across all episodes. It catered to everyone, this show tries a bit too much. I still enjoy it though.

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sora_thekey: But the first episode adapted One More Day (*Peter and Mary Jane kissed and went yuck* "MISTAKE"). Does the parenthesis ring a nod to Joe Quesada's hatred of PP and MJ's romance?