Disney Infinity 3.0 Release Date and Launch Figures Announced

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We've seen the figures announced for Disney Infinity 3.0. We know there's going to be a bunch of Star Wars figures and play sets, Inside/Out figures and play sets, and some Disney and Marvel figures. What we didn't know was when exactly we'd get to play the latest version. Pre-order dates were listed as December 31, 2015. When we reached out to confirm this date, we were just told that wasn't the official date. Now we know the official date.

No Caption Provided

The Disney Infinity 3.0 start pack featuring Star WarsTwilight of the Republic Play Set will be available in North America on August 29, 2015. It's also been revealed what will be available at launch.

· Star WarsTwilight of the Republic Play Set (Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano figures included) for players who choose to digitally download the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Software; additional standalone figures (Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi) and Power Disc Pack

· Star Wars Rebels™figures (Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, and Zeb Orrelios)

· Star Wars™ Saga Starter Pack

· Disney•Pixar’s Inside Out Play Set (Joy and Anger figures included) and additional standalone figures (Sadness, Disgust and Fear)

· Disney figures (Mickey, Minnie, Mulan, Olaf, Sam Flynn and Quorra)

· Tomorrowland Power Disc Pack

More figures and play sets will be available throughout the fall.

There's also a pre-order incentive. Pre-ordering at participating retailers gets you an early copy of the Toy Box Expansion Game, Toy Box Takeover, an action-adventure valued at $19.99. All your Disney Infinity 3.0 figures plus previous 2.0 or 1.0 figures will be compatible. The expansion pack includes:

Toy Box Takeover

When Syndrome gets his hands on Merlin’s magic wand, it’s up to the player to stop him. Using their favorite characters in Disney Infinity, they must battle across multiple worlds, such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Marvel’s Upper Manhattan, The Old West, or The Incredibles Volcano Lair to defeat the bad guys before they ruin the Toy Box forever. Players can complete missions with family and friends via two-player local co-op or four-player online.

Toy Box Speedway

Players can join their favorite Disney, Disney•Pixar, Marvel’s and Star Wars characters and vehicles in an action-packed kart-racer. With nine franchise-themed tracks to choose from – Sugar Rush, Frozen, Tatooine, a classic Star Wars location, San Fransokyo, Agrabah, Monsters Inc., Halloween Town, Gravity Falls or Marvel’s Knowhere – they can choose from three different game modes including Time Trial mode, Race mode and Combat mode. Players put their driving skills to the test as they attack opponents with gadgets and weapons and earn trophies across three challenge cups.

Are you going to pre-order? The game is rated 10+ and the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack available in North America on August 30, 2015 for $64.99, includes the Star WarsTwilight of the Republic Play Set, the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Base, Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker character figures, and a web code card that unlocks content for PC and mobile devices.

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Video Game and Base are required to play the Toy Box Expansion Games. Toy Box Takeover and Toy Box Speedway will be sold separately at the suggested retail price of $19.99 each later this fall.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Yes!

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So is this just a yearly series now? I really want to like the series, but I can't justify the cost in relation to the quality and content.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@skit: Yeah, they're contract says they have to make a game each year for at least 5 years I believe. You could always just wait to upgrade.

Panzeera_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F*** YEAH

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to pre-order from retail, to get the Toy Box expansions, but I don't want a physical copy, I want it digitally, cause I don't want a second base. I already have the 2.0 base (which I assume will still work). I wish the expansion would've been DLC rather than a physical item.

I really want them to announce the Marvel stuff already!

I've noticed these images never show the different franchises together. Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars always keep to their own. It's a trivial thing, but I'm a sucker for these crossover things, so it would've been nice to have images that show all three franchises coexisting.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr__kamikaze: Apparently they won't go into specifics on the marvel stuff until after the 3rd star wars playset is announced.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mr__kamikaze: Apparently they won't go into specifics on the marvel stuff until after the 3rd star wars playset is announced.

Oh geez...that probably means months, cause they likely want to coincide with the movies release. D:

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr__kamikaze: Oh baaaaaalllllllllz. All I want if for them to announce scarlet witch, vision, and ant-man alongside the play set. That's all I want.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

God, my poor wallet

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Gonna get the Tron figures because of the fan I am, but I have not plans to buy any other figures or ever play the game.

RybackStun93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RybackStun93

Glad to see that the 2.0 Base still works in 3.0. I can now just grab the Rise of the Empire set and Boba Fett and Tron figures.