Digital Comics

socmalig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In our country, comic stores are very few and far from our house that's why I intend to buy comic books digitally. However, I do not have a credit or debit card. Are there other ways to buy digital comics?

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#3  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

I used to live one block away from a comic book store, and drove past another every time I went to work. I still chose to purchase all of my comics digitally, partially for convenience, but far more so for quality. I've been reading comic books for over a quarter of a century, since I was a toddler, but the first time I read one on a tablet with an ultra-high resolution screen (I personally use an iPad with retina display), that immediately became the definitive version of comic reading for me. I haven't bought a physical comic book in years, and proudly so.

socmalig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boss1319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know you could just torrent

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You can read them for free at viewcomic.com

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy
@boss1319 said:

Do not do that. The gross immorality of theft aside, the comics industry is an endangered medium and any comic worth reading deserves the full patronage of its readership. Not to mention the hypocrisy of reading, presumably, a superhero comic depicting a paragon a virtue in such an un-virtuous manner, i.e. if you're stealing a Superman comic, you're missing the point of Superman.

Boss1319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rideaspacecowboy: But what if you are downloading a comic on a villain . Is it okay then?

socmalig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rideaspacecowboy: will trade waiting instead of buying monthlies endanger ongoing series?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@socmalig said:

@rideaspacecowboy: will trade waiting instead of buying monthlies endanger ongoing series?

nope

It doesn't matter if you read in print, digital, or trade. If you're paying for the book, then you're supporting it.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@boss1319 said:

Do not do that. The gross immorality of theft aside, the comics industry is an endangered medium and any comic worth reading deserves the full patronage of its readership. Not to mention the hypocrisy of reading, presumably, a superhero comic depicting a paragon a virtue in such an un-virtuous manner, i.e. if you're stealing a Superman comic, you're missing the point of Superman.

Then people wonder why their favourite series get cancelled.

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@boss1319 said:

@rideaspacecowboy: But what if you are downloading a comic on a villain . Is it okay then?

If you're goal in life is to be a villain, then congratulations, stealing a comic book, whether a physical copy from a comic book store or a digital copy that you torrent, is a villainous act.

Boss1319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers