Difference Between Justice League, JLA, JL Dark?

krunkeela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Which of these are the best? What's the difference, and should I get all 3?

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Dark deals with mystical, magical etc threats, they work outside the government. JL deals with random threats like alien, supervillains etc, they work outside the government. JLA works for the government and deals what's ever in the governments interest, like Secret Society at the moment. Personally JL feels more iconic and is best according to me, but if you have the money get all of them.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By blkson

@themanintheshoe said:

Dark deals with mystical, magical etc threats, they work outside the government. JL deals with random threats like alien, supervillains etc, they work outside the government. JLA works for the government and deals what's ever in the governments interest, like Secret Society at the moment. Personally JL feels more iconic and is best according to me, but if you have the money get all of them.

to piggy back off of this, JL does seem the most iconic. However, I would recommend picking up JLA if your budget is tight and you can only get 1 of the 3. But if you can afford all three go for it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Justice League features the more prominent of DC's superheroes like the Big 3, Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg. They deal with random threats like alien invasions, supervillains and other such ilk. The JLA are the government team that work on government missions and the members have been picked to take down the Justice League if they go rogue. And JLD deals with the magical and mystical dangers of the DCU.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

What everyone else said. I really like the concept of JLA being a government team though, it's a nice touch.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since everyone has already pointed out the differences between the three teams and series I'll just say Justice League Dark is by far the best series and the one you should get.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Since everyone has already pointed out the differences between the three teams and series I'll just say Justice League Dark is by far the best series and the one you should get.

Yeah definitely this in terms of story telling quality. JLD is written excellently. Much better than the other 2.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

But don't expect Justice League Dark to be dark, because it's not.... like at all.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed Justice League Dark. I'd recommend it.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

Justice League dark is the best followed by JLA

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League Dark has been the better read imo, even though they hate the name.

krunkeela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By krunkeela

Alright so Ill follow all 3. Im new to this and I know Im making the noob mistake of adding too many titles. I went to the LCS, and my heart dropped when it rang up as 50 bucks......

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The Justice League deals with normal bad guy stuff live aliens,crazy supervillains and stuff like that.While JLA deals with what's in the governmetn's interest because they are under the governmen's influence.And JL Dark is about mystical threats.ANd the members are characters that are mystical or have mystical powers.And out of the three the best one is JL Dark.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually been underwhelmed with JLA and JL and I'm thinking about dropping them both, which means my interest in Trinity War is lessening as well. As others have said, if you're going to read one read JLA, it's the cheapest of the three and the best written.