Posted by sockman19 (61 posts) 11 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Did you like Young Justice? (67 votes)

Yes 84%
No 9%
Didn't watch it / I just want to see the results 7%

I ask because I see a lot of hate for this show lately. I was surprised at all the complaints (even for season 2) and am curious if there's more hate or love for it.

Personally, it's one of my favorite animated series ever made.

#1 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it!

#2 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

Who didn't?

#3 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it. F U CN!!!

#4 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

S1 was good. S2 stank.

#5 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5110 posts) - - Show Bio

It was O.K.

#6 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4789 posts) - - Show Bio

It was pretty good!

I enjoyed Season 1 much more than Season 2, it seems they tried to introduce too many new characters and the plot was pretty mediocre.

LOVED the animation style though.

#7 Posted by JoeC_Mommy (144 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Veshark and TheTrueBarryAllen. Season One was excellent because it featured only a few characters. Season Two was less so because it featured far more characters, most of whom were never developed. I watched Season Two through to its conclusion, but only to see what became of the characters I came to enjoy in Season One.

That said, Season Two did have what might've been the best line of dialogue in the series: "Dude, why are you giving bling to my dead girlfriend?"

#8 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

It was great.

#9 Posted by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both seasons. Two had its flaws, but it gave us some of my favorite episodes of the series. I'd say season one is absolutely 10/10 while season two is more like 7.5/10. Not amazing but still pretty good.

Also, season two felt a lot more cohesive when its episodes are watched back-to-back rather than broken up by CN's constant hiatuses.

#10 Posted by bob808 (6766 posts) - - Show Bio

it was good

#11 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17827 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked season one

season two was crap.

#12 Posted by dondave (36094 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by loseup (337 posts) - - Show Bio

so many ppl powered down, but show is pretty good

#14 Edited by TDK_1997 (14660 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it very much.Both seasons were pretty good bu the show just didn't end the way I wanted it to end.

#15 Edited by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate on here? I really liked season 1, but didn't care for S2 much at all. Might have liked it more if there hadn't been huge breaks - but there were, and they made it worse. (I know it's a different universe, but I don't like how they basically merged YG with the Teen Titans (ie: rosters & who was kids at the same time (Wally with Superboy, etc etc)....probably just to feature as many characters as possible). The last few episodes were cool because of the action, but that's about it. The tease for S3 looked SOOOOOOO good though (DARKSEID!!). Very disappointed we'll never see it.

#16 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#17 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

s1 was ok. s2 was so bad it destroyed s1. so no.

#18 Posted by ownagepants (4423 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved it.

#19 Posted by sockman19 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of hate for season 2. I liked it. The first season was a lot better. But the second season wasn't bad.

#20 Edited by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

I did.

#21 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

I did too

#22 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a lot better than Teen Titans Go! and Beware the Batman.

#23 Edited by The Stegman (23813 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED it, one of my friends didn't...he is now dead to me.

#24 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11323 posts) - - Show Bio

It was pretty good!

I enjoyed Season 1 much more than Season 2, it seems they tried to introduce too many new characters and the plot was pretty mediocre.

I agree with this. Except I'll add in that despite season 2 being eh, I still love/d it.

#25 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it

#26 Posted by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Black_Claw (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 1 rocked. Can't say the same for season 2.

#28 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I liked it. Season 1 was much better than Season 2 imo, but I still felt good about the series when it was over.

#29 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Liked it. However, S1 > S2.

#30 Posted by Strider92 (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I like it? Sure but it wasn't as good as everyone hyped it up to be. Nothing really ground-breaking about it or made me think it was exceptional.

#31 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

It was alright, not better than the justice league.

#32 Posted by waezi2 (7080 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Pr0metheus (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

It was pretty good!

I agree with Veshark and TheTrueBarryAllen. Season One was excellent because it featured only a few characters. Season Two was less so because it featured far more characters, most of whom were never developed. I watched Season Two through to its conclusion, but only to see what became of the characters I came to enjoy in Season One.

That said, Season Two did have what might've been the best line of dialogue in the series: "Dude, why are you giving bling to my dead girlfriend?"

JL and JLU did the same thing.

#34 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4789 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: It's funny because I enjoy JL as a complete show more than JLU but I like individual episodes of JLU more than JL.

#35 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: Expect Justice League Unlimited didn't start off with a timeskip with loose ends.

#36 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked season one

season two was crap.

Sadly, I'd have to agree. Season was personal, it was action packed, it was well paced. Season Two was an absolute mess. Inconsistent, too many perspectives, poor character development and a lazy reason to introduce new characters.

#37 Posted by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny because I enjoy JL as a complete show more than JLU but I like individual episodes of JLU more than JL.

I think I'd have to agree. JLU generally tied things up within the half-hour. (I don't mind 2-parters once in a while, but not every damn week). But on the whole I liked JL better because it featured the main team more prominently.

#38 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice was one of the greatest super hero shows to exist. It modernized the old Teen Titan stories and blended a lot of concepts from the Young Justice comics with the Justice League team. They also took a lot of characters people otherwise didn't care about and made them relevant, Klarion, Sportsmaster, Tigress, Cheshire, Queen Bee, Lagoon Boy. The list goes on.

Also, F@#k what everyone says, Season 2 was great. The last handful of episodes did seem kind of rushed and full of plot conveniences but the writers only had a certain amount of episodes to work with and weren't sure they would get another season so had they had to tie stuff up.

Its funny that fans complain "Bah, No Deathstroke", Then when they include the character, if they don't develop them enough because there are so many characters and plots "bah, the show sucks"

#39 Posted by JoeC_Mommy (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Season Two had a storyline that I wanted to see more fully resolved: Miss Martian's telepathic torture of her enemies. It seemed like it was resolved far too quickly and far too quietly. She experienced a catharsis when she restored Aqualad, I think, but no one called her to account for her actions (save Superboy, who did so privately). That rang hollow for me. I couldn't help but wonder, Had fewer characters been featured in Season Two, had the overall story been smaller in scope, would this storyline have played out differently (and maybe better)?

#40 Edited by Jack Donaghy (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it, my favorite superhero animated series since Justice League Unlimited.

#41 Posted by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

Season Two had a storyline that I wanted to see more fully resolved: Miss Martian's telepathic torture of her enemies. It seemed like it was resolved far too quickly and far too quietly. She experienced a catharsis when she restored Aqualad, I think, but no one called her to account for her actions (save Superboy, who did so privately). That rang hollow for me. I couldn't help but wonder, Had fewer characters been featured in Season Two, had the overall story been smaller in scope, would this storyline have played out differently (and maybe better)?

Very, very good point. I would think it would have been. It was the unfortunate victim of their lightning-fast wrap up before their cancellation.

#42 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Season 2 needed more episodes to really do what it was trying