Did you like the way Black Widow was potrayed?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By stormshadow_x

Did you like the way Black Widow was portrayed in Winter Soldier or any Marvel film she has been in? I liked it but she felt nothing liker her comic counter part not that I have a problem with that.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I loved it beyond words.

What makes you say that she felt nothing like her comic counter part?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By stormshadow_x

@whisper_:

She was good but she felt more light hearted. Maybe because of the tone of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I liked it but she felt like a original character just made for this movie.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought her portrayal was pretty awesome in all the films she's been in. The only thing I want is for her to use her Russian accent, it makes sense for her to talk American in America. But at some point I'd like to see her revert to her normal accent. I'm not sure if she's capable of pulling that off though, thus my one disappointment with the character.

Other than that I think she's sexy, mysterious, and dangerous just like in the comics.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Scarlett Johanneson.Nothing else to it lol

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FearTheLiving

@acer51 said:

I thought her portrayal was pretty awesome in all the films she's been in. The only thing I want is for her to use her Russian accent, it makes sense for her to talk American in America. But at some point I'd like to see her revert to her normal accent. I'm not sure if she's capable of pulling that off though, thus my one disappointment with the character.

Other than that I think she's sexy, mysterious, and dangerous just like in the comics.

I agree. I would have also liked if she had the accent. At this point though it would feel silly if they did it unless they went the double agent route but with all the Hydra stuff I doubt they'd take that path.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

She's never felt like Black Widow in either looks or acting to me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

She's not really Black Widow, just Scarjo in leather. But, I don't mind that.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean this 100%

scarlett johanson's black widow is by far my favorite movie character ever. She has nailed the role 3 times, twice with a lot of screen time.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's got moral ambiguity down right as well as skills but for one thing like someone earlier mentioned she's a bit too lighthearted and I feel they need to loosen her ties with SHIELD. Everything else I've seen Black Widow in kinda portrays her as being hard to peg down hard to trust but here in these movies you just know she's completely good albeit with a dark past. At the same time they do make it work, portraying her as someone trying really EXTREMELY hard to break off her ties with her violent past being her complete devotion to her job at SHIELD being due to her wanting to make up for it(explained in the Winter Soldier), to her being "compromised by Loki" after he starts mentioning it, her hesitance to let her info go public, to not even speaking with a Russian accent. If you really pay a bit of attention to what they give you about her she's actually an extremely interesting character definitely one of the most interesting in the franchise despite her never being the focus of the movies. Now I just wish they would give Hawkeye the same treatment.

So yeah not exactly her comic self not your average Black Widow but a great character nonetheless plus she's friggin Scarlet Johansson

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. This is mostly due the fact that I don't like Scarlett Johansson that much, and it was not a depiction close to how black widow is in comics. It was more of Scarlett just doing her own thing. When I see black widow in the movies I only see Scarlett Johansson, I don't think of black widow at all. She is a decent actor though.

And her character isn't bad but is slightly generic. I mean, most characters have mysterious, shady pasts, that's not anything new

CelticJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The film portrayal "humanizes" Black Widow for a broader audience. I never really was a big Widow fan in comics or even some of the cartoons because of just how cold she is. I understand the reasoning, but at the same time I like characters to be more accessible and trying to get any backstory within a 2 hour movie (even the combined 7-8 hours of film Widow has been in between IM3, Avengers, and Cap 2) would be awkward and wouldn't really fit with how I feel she is portrayed in the comics. And it's hard to argue with Scarlett in leather.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13 JediXMan  Moderator

Hated her in Iron Man 2, and I barely tolerated her in the Avengers.

Winter Soldier was the first time I actually liked her.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@acer51 said:

The only one I thought was off was IM2, but that whole movie felt off for me. I never read her much in the comics, but she seems to be fairly close.

Black Widow in total seems a fairly generic "shady former assassin" type character, but Scarlett's charisma definitely lends to my liking her.

Not to mention just how she looks, shallow I know.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at least scarlett is megan fox

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kriminal

@kriminal: how is Scarlett Megan Fox?

i mean she isn't. she can act. her being hot is the bonus. just imagine scarlett as april o neal. Now how much do you want to see the movie

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

She was okay in Iron Man 2, she was great in The Avengers, but her character really shined in Winter Soldier.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was okay in Iron Man 2, she was great in The Avengers, but her character really shined in Winter Soldier.

Exactly how I would put it. I really like her character; an unapologetic liar and killer who does what it takes to take down the enemy. In Iron Man 2, she was nothing but a pair of boobs.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@farkam said:

@war_killer said:

Exactly how I would put it. I really like her character; an unapologetic liar and killer who does what it takes to take down the enemy. In Iron Man 2, she was nothing but a pair of boobs.

That ain't a problem!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

For the first time I actually did like her as a character.In Iron Man 2 and in the Avengers she was god awful and I couldn't stand her but here in the Winter Soldier she was great.But I would prefer if she is a little more of a cold blooded character and she has some kind of a small accent.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I cared about was DAT A$$

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolverine008
DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarthAznable
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RisingBean

This has nothing to do with Scarjo's backside, but I liked that hair the best.

@darthaznable said:

All I cared about was DAT A$$

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of people overrate her appearances, every single time. She is almost always added as fanservice, and I personally dont need that in my super hero movies. For what its worth, id call Pepper Pots a stronger female character than ScarJo.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of people overrate her appearances, every single time. She is almost always added as fanservice, and I personally dont need that in my super hero movies. For what its worth, id call Pepper Pots a stronger female character than ScarJo.

No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deaditegonzo

@deaditegonzo said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't understand how people hated her in Im2 she barely even spoke.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't understand how people hated her in Im2 she barely even spoke.

Exactly.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all. She's objectified beyond belief.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was aight

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By Fallschirmjager

There's two ways to answer this

1. She's not like Black Widow in comics, but she never has been. So you don't like her (fine I guess)

2. She still fits what Marvel wants to do and I thought her chemistry is good with Chris Evans. Way better than Natalie Portman and Hemsworth (not as good as RDJ/Paltrow) and you like her.

Personally I'm a little more towards 2nd. I really have low expectations when it comes to female characters in comic movies, so that helps. They're so bad more often than not - even when you have a good actress portraying them. There's only a select few that are any good.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean:

This has nothing to do with Scarjo's backside,

No Caption Provided