#1 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I was kicking this idea for a thread around in my head for quite a little while here. Yes, I know that the title is awkward and horrible, and if this should be elsewhere please do move it. I just thought, considering the topic's intended subject matter, that it would be best suited to be in here.

So basically this thread is for people to find out whether one character or another had battled. For instance, I've been wondering whether Hawkeye and Bullseye had ever fought one-on-one. I would come in here and ask whether this were the case. I would hope that someone could answer, whether yes or no, and maybe provide the issue number.

It would also be nice if the answer provider could provide some a brief summary of the battle. Maybe tell us who won, and how difficult/long the battle was. If there were any extenuating circumstances that might have affected the battle that would also be nice to provide. If you'd like to provide scans as well, that would be pretty awesome.

Ultimately, I'd like for this thread to serve two purposes. I'd like for it to provide a little context about battles between characters. It could give uninformed people an idea about whether the characters had fought before, and how the battle had gone if so. Of course, facts about an old battle would hardly be the end-all be-all to the debate, but it would add some good context to the debate. I'd also like for it to just be fun for people wondering if a character had ever fought "so-and-so."

So, uhhh.....begin, I suppose.

#2 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea.

#3 Posted by YoungJustice (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Deathstroke ever fought TT? Original Roster? Scans?

#4 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

: Thank you very much.

: I very much hope that someone more knowledgeable than me will look into the thread and answer your question.

#5 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

So, to all of you in the comic world, did Hawkeye and Bullseye ever have one-on-one fight?

Also was wondering if anyone could point me towards some Spider-man vs. Captain America issues? (Besides the Civil War one and Amazing Spider-man 187)

#6 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@VeganDiet:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#7 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

Don't think so. I think Deathstroke was introduced in the New Teen Titans.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#8 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Thanks.

#9 Posted by sync1 (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

Antman v Mr. Fantastic ?

I swear I saw something like that.... can't find it/remember so I'm thinking it never happened.

#10 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: There was something kind of like that in Mighty Avengers. Hank Pym and Mr. Fantastic had a big showdown, but he was The Wasp at this time. That might be what you were thinking about. It was in Mighty Avengers 25 & 26.

#11 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@VeganDiet:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This is Bullseye as Hawkeye vs a guy impersonating his Bullseye persona.

#12 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94:

Is it? I could have sworn those two fought in the Dark Reign series

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#13 Posted by Vengance101 (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor v.s Sentry?

or Gladiator v.s Sentry?

or Gladiator v.s Thor?

Have any of these three fought each other before?

#14 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vengance101:

Thor and Sentry fought in Siege.

Sentry and Gladiator have never fought.

And Gladiator and Thor have fought twice? I think both in Mighty Thor. I remember Thorgirl being there too. Maybe it was just two issues.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#15 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know whether Spider-man has ever fought Omega Red?

#16 Posted by 8bitGangsta (392 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

are you referring to Teen Titans?

If so yes. He's one of their main enemies

#17 Posted by Wolfrazer (4942 posts) - - Show Bio

Am pretty sure X and Y fought, that is why Y is behind X in the alphabet.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't this be in General Discussion?

#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (35206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

@VeganDiet:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Hawkeye and Bullseye didn't fight in that issue. 

Bullseye and Hawkeye technically fought in Dark Reign: The List.  Bullseye came out of his bedroom with a bow and arrow and Clint got the jump on him with an assault rifle. 

Also, moving to gen. discussion.
Staff
#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (35206 posts) - - Show Bio
@VeganDiet said:

Does anyone know whether Spider-man has ever fought Omega Red?

Ultimate Spider-Man fought Ultimate Omega Red.  The standard 616 versions have never fought.
Staff
#21 Posted by YoungJustice (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@8bitGangsta said:

@YoungJustice said:

are you referring to Teen Titans?

If so yes. He's one of their main enemies

I see.

Thanks.

#22 Posted by TheCannon (16067 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Hal Jordan ever fought Superman one on one? GL, Flash, and Bats fought Supes in JL #2, but that wasn't one on one.

#23 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Thanks for the info, and also for moving this to a proper place.

#24 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Floopay said:

@VeganDiet:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Hawkeye and Bullseye didn't fight in that issue.

Bullseye and Hawkeye technically fought in Dark Reign: The List. Bullseye came out of his bedroom with a bow and arrow and Clint got the jump on him with an assault rifle. Also, moving to gen. discussion.

There it is, thank you for clarifying. I just remember that being the series, and when I was googling for arcs and stories and found that picture, I figured that was the one. Obviously I was wrong :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#25 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

great thread idea. OP you deserve a reward

#26 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for your kind words.

Any one got a clue as to whether Storm and Electro ever fought? That seems like another fight that should have happened.

#27 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to dredge up my own old thread, but I've been trying to find a particular fight between Spider-man and Captain America, and I've been having no success. It wasn't the Civil War fight, and it wasn't Amazing Spider-man 187 either. The art looked to be from the late 80s possible very early 90s. This is the only scan I have from it. Could anyone tell me the issue this came from?

#28 Posted by Malonius (881 posts) - - Show Bio

@VeganDiet said:

Hate to dredge up my own old thread, but I've been trying to find a particular fight between Spider-man and Captain America, and I've been having no success. It wasn't the Civil War fight, and it wasn't Amazing Spider-man 187 either. The art looked to be from the late 80s possible very early 90s. This is the only scan I have from it. Could anyone tell me the issue this came from?

I don't recognize that scan, but that's about the way I'd imagine any non-WIS random encounter going between Cap and Spidey. Peter should be able to grab that shield out of the air and tank punches from Cap.

#29 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malonius: That's exactly why I wanna find it so badly haha

#30 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

my 3 x/y questions

1. Blob Vs Juggenaut

2. a shapeshifter(Mystique/chameleon/morph/etc) vs another shapeshifter?(not counting impossible man vs exiles morph)

3.Thor (or Beta Ray Bill) vs Gladiator?

#31 Posted by VeganDiet (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone point me towards some issues, besides the New Avengers Illuminati one, where Iron Man and Namor fight?