Did MCU change the status of some characters?

UltimateSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and Hulk, the fabulous four, were always pretty huge for the comicbook readers, but only after the movies, in my point of view at least, the first two become A-Listers for the general public.

And even though I don't see a lot of people talking about Hawkeye, Black Widow did receive a lot of attention by the public and media, lots of petitions for a Widow movie is on internet and the exposure of the movies helped the super-spy being called of 'Marvels highest profile female''.

Am I the only one or you guys can see what the MCU did not only in the movies but also in the comics?

The sales for these characters series grew and you can see all of them in every single promo that marvel does like animations, toys and posters for christimas and stuff.

The MCU made the avengers the number one group of Marvel, and made folks like Natasha Romanoff, who did never cross the C-List line before the movie, become the most talked about heroine in america.

So, what are the hopes for Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ant Man?? do you guys think they will become as popular as the 6 original MCU avengers and get more importance in the comics?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is pretty big now too. If the movie is done right any character will be more popular just look at Blade and Iron Man

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Cap is pretty big now too. If the movie is done right any character will be more popular just look at Blade and Iron Man

Blade isn't popular! lmao!

I have my hopes set on Doctor Strange and Ant Man. Doctor Strange had a really good animated movie (Before Marvel went all dumb with their animations)

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: If you read what I said I said any character would be more popular like Blade and Iron Man. Im going to assume you know what the movie did for blade

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Yeah then Marvel crapped all over him. I mean Blade 3 didn't do well at all so they ended it pretty quickly. Look at him now.

UltimateSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, i knew blade when i was a kid, but i didn't know he was a comicbook character.