Tell me what you guys think:

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VanderSEXXX

The only thing that really made me happy about the Superior run was the return of Spider-Man 2099 after a decade since I last saw any major story involving him, and actually putting him in the present timeline to potentially set him up for an interesting read this July.

Sorry but this will be a rant for the last five issues of the Superior run cause I was hyped for Goblin Nation but the slow build up as well as the baffling conclusion will probably be the last time I'll read anything Slott writes as it seemed badly rushed and the #31 issue was even wasted on Pete's aftershock drama when they could have used all the pages instead to tell a long epic of Pete's return but instead Slott decided to make it appear as if Pete is so "Superior" he's the only one who defeat the Goblin invasion where the Avengers (for some reason I cannot understand and accept) had a tough time containing them, and the fact they had a tough time containing them is also baffling and absurd considering they faced far more powerful forces of cosmic scales than this (hello? remember Infinity?).

Another thing to note was the reconstruction of Gwen's hostage setup with Anna Maria which was not in anyway intriguing to read since all Slott did was to rush displaying Pete telling the Norman that he's back and then all of a sudden the Norman's master plan fails him the minute Pete steps in the picture. Anna Maria's rescue was even a setup to display the front cover of The Amazing Spider-Man #50 all in the name of trying to bring nostalgia to the Spider-Fans.