#1 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

So I've been watching Justice League Unlimited... And there's something that disturbs me.

The episode in Season two, where Supergirl leaves the present for the future to be with Brainiac 5, they go from "Supergirl just turned 21, whoopee," to "we're in the future!" to "Supergirl and this alien from the future are madly in love and she's copping a feel with him" in the span of about 7 minutes....

Does anyone else think this is a really poorly written episode? The romance was way too rushed and the whole "cop a feel" seemed inappropriate for a kid's TV show... The entire episode just seems way below the standard their shows usually reach :/ opinions?

#2 Posted by Wolfrazer (7664 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa, where was this episode? I'll admit, I haven't seen/watched JLU in forever(mostly cause the channel that its on, its on early and I end up missing it) but I don't recall Supergirl going to the future with Brainiac. Eh....but then again Supergirl is one of those chars, I kinda just look over so I may have missed/forgotten about all that.

#3 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

Whoa, where was this episode? I'll admit, I haven't seen/watched JLU in forever(mostly cause the channel that its on, its on early and I end up missing it) but I don't recall Supergirl going to the future with Brainiac. Eh....but then again Supergirl is one of those chars, I kinda just look over so I may have missed/forgotten about all that.

I don't have the disc with me atm, but it's Season 2, episode 3 I believe. I think she leaves the series in that episode. I couldn't even watch it all lol, it was just so stupid, like 15 minutes after meeting this guy (and learning almost nothing about each other) they've decided they're madly in love, and she gives him a kiss goodbye when she goes into some big space battle, and he almost says "I love you". Terrible writing IMO.

#4 Posted by Wolfrazer (7664 posts) - - Show Bio
@minigunman123 said:

@Wolfrazer said:

I don't have the disc with me atm, but it's Season 2, episode 3 I believe. I think she leaves the series in that episode. I couldn't even watch it all lol, it was just so stupid, like 15 minutes after meeting this guy (and learning almost nothing about each other) they've decided they're madly in love, and she gives him a kiss goodbye when she goes into some big space battle, and he almost says "I love you". Terrible writing IMO.

Ya Far From Home is the EP, eh really just skimmed it but ya its weird....but again Supergirl is just one of those meh chars to me. Though I will say...it is a creepy relationship...and Brainiac 5 looks weird.
#5 Posted by TheCannon (19386 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the OP 100%. It was a good idea for an episode (or not. I haven't watched it in a few months), but it was badly written.

I have to rewatch all of JLU one of these days.