Dick Grayson: Peace death but which one

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Dick Grayson: Peace death but which one (13 votes)

Cancer 8%
Old Age 54%
Slowly poisoned 0%
Sacrifice for his team 38%

I have read many Elseworlds in which Dick ends up losing his life. Normally it ends violently for him but what I post up are the best least painful types of deaths (besides sacrifice but hey at least it isn't in vain) comic heroes can have so I ask: how would you do it?

(My personal choice:cancer)

• 
regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre 52: Sacrificing himself for the Titans. New 52: Old age.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regiebravo: why not cancer since it'll build in to his death giving him time to reflect his life, the good times and despite dying he'll still kick butt the best he could?

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Dick is one of the few characters I would want to simply die of old age.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidrobin1996: because I don't want Dick dying of cancer? Makes more sense that he'll just live his life until old age.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KidRobin1996

@regiebravo: yeah but then again cancer is limitless and not even Tamaran technology, JLa technology or Batman himself stop it.

I know old age can work as exhibited through Batman Beyond but honestly though with Dan Didio's desires to make DC a serious company yet kill off Dick Grayson due to his apparent hatred of him, why not cancer for (in Devil's advocate kid of way) it satisfies Didio, Grayson fans and helps spotlight cancer in the DCU much like Captain Marvel in the Marvel Universe.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Dick should die peacefully of old age after living a happy life with Babs (or Starfire, if you like)

Dick is a foil to Batman. They both experienced similar tragedies, but dealt with it in different manners. Batman spends his entire life burdened by his parent's death and and commits himself to his mission. Dick is able to rise above his grief and become a better person for it.

In my version of the DCU, Batman dies alone fighting his war on crime after his body and relationships begins to deteriorate. Dick should be able to get his happy ending in that trauma doesn't always needs to end in tragedy.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KidRobin1996

@rdclip: perferably I prefer Dick spending his last days with Starfire since I'm a big Dick/Kory due to Teen Titans Animated.

Though if Dick did die of cancer before Bruce how do you think Bruce react?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@rdclip said:

I think Dick should die peacefully of old age after living a happy life with Babs (or Starfire, if you like)

Dick is a foil to Batman. They both experienced similar tragedies, but dealt with it in different manners. Batman spends his entire life burdened by his parent's death and and commits himself to his mission. Dick is able to rise above his grief and become a better person for it.

In my version of the DCU, Batman dies alone fighting his war on crime after his body and relationships begins to deteriorate. Dick should be able to get his happy ending in that trauma doesn't always needs to end in tragedy.

Your version's good.

http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/how-should-batman-die-1513602/?page=1#js-message-10734063

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy: only downside to it was the the bit of Batman being all alone I mean couldn't he have at least one last goodbye with Alfred, Dick and Damian before he croaks just saying

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidrobin1996: I'm sure he'd see them all, whether they're physically there or not.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy: if anything If Bruce actually croaks like say at crime alley it should be Dick carrying him la pieta style

Now what if Dick however lost his life to cancer what will Bruce do about it?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidrobin1996: Be sad, maybe allocate funds to cancer research? idk

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy: I mean if Dick actually died from cancer without any sort of help what will be Batman's attitude then, much like Jason's death or something else?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidrobin1996: I don't think his attitude would be like when Jason died, because when that happened Batman felt responsible and threw himself into his work. It was like Jason was eaten by the same beast that had taken Bruce's parents, his city, and his entire life. Batman got more violent and severe. With cancer, he'd probably feel more helpless than anything, and since we're dealing with the life of his protege, and he's spent his entire life preparing to exert control over Gotham's criminal situation, it would probably be a maddening, desperate experience for him.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By regiebravo
regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidrobin1996: what do you want Bruce to do? He'll just be extra broody and sad for a few months. He'd probably cure cancer afterwards.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regiebravo: too painful, too slow or something like that? Well if there's anything to cancer stories I have read at least the victim will be asleep by the time the cancer finishes them off so if anything Dick won't feel too much pain once the cancer does him in.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regiebravo: with Superman's help and maybe those effects are good enough is you give Bruce time to realize how important Dick was in his life in the first place