Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain Cascader

Staying true to our goal to be the largest free resource of comic data Red LAMP and I are currently tossing around the idea of providing an API to access the Comic Vine database. Basically we feel Comic Vine is a true community website and everything we've built should be free and open to whoever wants to use it however they want to use it. It definitely shouldn't be limited by the work schedule of just two dudes.

That said, we're not entirely sure the best way to provide that data to people, be it through microformats, XML or javascript calls. If you have any interest in doing something cool with our data please drop LAMP or I a note so we can see what kind of interest there is from other peeps. Mostly we'd love to know what you'd like to build and how we could make it easy for you to make calls to CV data.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

i'd be really interested in helping out as i have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment...

alas my helping out will be much towards the way of building up the character profiles and researching them, i know next to nothing about web programming, the best i can do is a little bit of HTML here and there.

one thing i do know, and am quite good at is photo manipulation and creating graphics for websites, so if you ever need any help or extra hands in those departments don't hesitate to give me a yell

M

Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Captain Cascader

methos says:

"i'd be really interested in helping out as i have a *lot* of free time on my hands at the moment...alas my helping out will be much towards the way of building up the character profiles and researching them, i know next to nothing about web programming, the best i can do is a little bit of HTML here and there.one thing i do know, and am quite good at is photo manipulation and creating graphics for websites, so if you ever need any help or extra hands in those departments don't hesitate to give me a yellM"

Well Methos, as a non-dev you can still edit and make the char bios better. There are still lots of big characters that have little or poorly researched data. The batman page for example makes me wince once a day. You might want to check out Ms. Invisible's Wonder Woman page if you want to see how an awesome character bio can look!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Methos

i'll have a look at the wonder woman page to give me a hint on how to do the lay out off my entries...

i've already submitted part one of my John Constantine biography lol, more to follow tomorrow as i've only scratched the surface of my knowledge on that character (Think i got to the end of the first major story arc and talked a little about the character history and development)

after that i plan on hitting supergirl, the darkness (Is there a seperate page for the Darkness as a entity / power and one for Jackie Estacado as he inherited the power through his bloodline?) Green Lantern and others... give me time and i'll add as much as my knowledge allows lol

M

Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captain Cascader

Yeah dude, good luck! Thanks for the help.