Detective comics

dave17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dave17

Instead of having 5 books just for batman, is there any chance detective comics could turn into a bat-family team up book?

It would be interesting to see a comic exploring the relationship between different members, You could have Jason and Tim one month, Dick and batwoman another.

I'm pretty sure it would sell well, but is there any chance they would ever do it?

What team ups would you most want to happen?

dave17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dave17

Seeing as noone's answered i'll start, I think a team up of some sort between Alfred and Jason would be a great read, Jason seems to have a lot of love and respect for him, and their interactions would give insight into how Alfred sees each robin and how he dealt with Jason's death.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrShway88

I would prefer if Detective Comic wasn't just Batman. Each arc would star a DC detective solving a mystery. Make it a comic about detectives.

dave17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dave17

@MrShway88: But aren't most of the detectives in DC batfamily related anyway?

Could even have ones like Gotham PD and Damian

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mpierce2690

Personally, I'd cancel Batman: the Dark Knight and move Huriwitz/Scriver onto Detective Comics and then cancel Batwing once Morrison leaves Batman INC and turn that book into a team-up book featuring Batwing, Stephanie Brown, and Cassandra Cain.

Manhunter2070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Manhunter2070

Funny enough, in the 1970's, Detective Comics was selling poorly compared to the then Batman Family title, so to keep Detective Comics going, DC merged the two together. 

Gotham Knights kind of did a Batman Family thing for a while when that was still around. But yeah, I think some of the fat can be trimmed. Batwing hasn't been leading anywhere for a while now.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Jorgevy

@MrShway88 said:

I would prefer if Detective Comic wasn't just Batman. Each arc would star a DC detective solving a mystery. Make it a comic about detectives.

back to the roots

I like that

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I haven't been reading Detective Comics, but turning it into a general Gotham based comic following a different character from time to time could be pretty cool.