• 58 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (44454 posts) - - Show Bio

After nearly a decade of expanding the Green Lantern universe, Geoff Johns will depart the franchise with issue #20 -- and he's definitely leaving with a bang. His final issue will be a whopping 66-pages, featuring art from Doug Mahnke and special guest appearances by Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis, Patrick Gleason, Cully Hammer, Aaron Kuder, Jerry Ordway and more. Chatting with The Source, the writer says, "I can't wait until #20 is in your hands -- the last several pages in particular." Get a sneak peek of the issue below.

Johns' final GREEN LANTERN issue will hit the stands May 22nd.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (882 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF going on?

#2 Edited by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

So confused!

#3 Posted by saoakden (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

The last issue of Green Lantern by Geoff Johns. I had hoped this day would never come. I am curious about the individual in the Green Robe. The book seems to be reflecting on Hal's history as a Green Lantern.

#4 Edited by Dernman (15128 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's that guy in the robes?

Anyway I'm ok with him leaving. He did a lot of good for the GL universe but for awhile now it hasn't been all that good.

I would have also done the different corps differently. I also think he went overboard with them. I want to start seeing different things then just different light corps.

#5 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I should read the rest of his run before his last issue, cause this's crazy.

#6 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF going on?

looks like someone retelling the events of Emerald Twilight to new GL recruits

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by czechoslovakia (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Thankfully, he's still on Aquaman

#9 Edited by Outside_85 (9063 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda looks like the pre-new52 Spectre, but with a less ragged and more 'special occasion' cloak.

Thought I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a certain currently dead Lantern Hal's been hanging out with.

#10 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5065 posts) - - Show Bio

It's bitter sweet. I'm glad this horrible "Wraith of the First Lantern" story is over but sad Johns is leaving. But damn does Doug Mahnke pencils look phenomenal.

#11 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a certain currently dead Lantern Hal's been hanging out with.

That would be amazing if they explain it well.

I agree with some of the other posters saying Johns hasn't been at his best with GL lately, but a poorly written Johns GL story is still better than what most other people would come up with I think.

#12 Posted by Scarlet_Spider_Forever (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner is staying as a white lantern? This makes me very happy.

#13 Posted by KryptonSabbath (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been on the fence with wanting to pick up Aquaman. Any idea when the next story arc comes out?

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

That would be great.

#15 Edited by rjohnson89 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@czechoslovakia said:

I've been on the fence with wanting to pick up Aquaman. Any idea when the next story arc comes out?

they just started a new arc an issue or two ago. Johns does an amazing job writing aquaman. For issue 20 they are having a new creative team (temporarily i hope). I think more or less he is having someone else write aqua for a couple issues while he does the Trinity War Crossover with the Justice titles

#16 Edited by LifePool (135 posts) - - Show Bio

$8 >.>

#17 Edited by batsymyplaything (287 posts) - - Show Bio

@LifePool Well, this issue is 66 pages long, so it makes sense why it's 8 dollars, lol.

#18 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sad Johns is leaving but I'm seriously glad the arc is ending, Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern have been really underwhelming.

#19 Posted by dondave (37617 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonsabbath said:

@czechoslovakia said:

they just started a new arc an issue or two ago. Johns does an amazing job writing aquaman. For issue 20 they are having a new creative team (temporarily i hope). I think more or less he is having someone else write aqua for a couple issues while he does the Trinity War Crossover with the Justice titles

It's only for one issue

#20 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- Seriously, he's staying on Aquaman and JL but not on GL?

- I'd rather him remain on GL than be any other book any day of the week.

On Topic:

- I'm looking forward to seeing my boy sinestro.

#22 Edited by Fresh Prince (5149 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a lot of people didn't like what Johns did with Green Lantern, but I personally enjoyed his whole run. He shook up the universe and told some great stories. Gonna be hard for anyone else to follow him up once he finishes up with this. Kinda sad to see him go but I'm excited to see what the other writers following him will have to offer!

@czechoslovakia said:

- Seriously, he's staying on Aquaman and JL but not on GL?

- I'd rather him remain on GL than be any other book any day of the week.

Agree here.

#23 Posted by Lieutenant_Awkward (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaaaand just as I get into Green Lantern, Johns stops writing it haha I'm sure whoever succeeds him will do a fine job though.

#24 Posted by Fresh Prince (5149 posts) - - Show Bio

Possible spoiler based on the cover

Just noticed that Arkillo isn't on it

#25 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6186 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifepool said:

$8 >.>

I'd give them $20 and my pinky AND name my first born Geoff (boy or girl)

#27 Posted by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like John's is going out with a bang. Can't wait!

#28 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3839 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that the first Green Lantern alongside the hooded figure?

#30 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Parallax?! Good lord...must...have this issue. Can't...effin' wait!

#31 Posted by DonFelipe (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a giant power book or power bible, too?

#32 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

SO SAD. Robert Venditti has been boring on Demon Knights and XO Manowar. There is no real character development and motivations are pretty thin. They should have gone with Fialkov or Diggle or bring back one of the greats like John Ostrander or JM Demattias.

#33 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really into Green Lantern, but sad to see him go. I mean he brought back Hal THE Green Lantern when I hear Green Lantern and made the Green Lanterns such a interesting concept in the DC universe. Hopefully he'll put more time into the adventures of New 52's Captain Marvel. I have been dying for a good Captain Marvel comic!

#34 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe Hal will be more Earth bound now. It's been a long time since there were some good story arch that were on Earth. I'm kind of sick of the cosmic thing. It works better for GL Corps. I want my GL to stay on Earth. Or at least start another title and have Baz on Earth.

#35 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited to see how Geoff John's ends his run

#36 Posted by Saren (25687 posts) - - Show Bio

The Book of Oa has been around for something like three decades now.

#37 Posted by modunhanul (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns' Green Lantern Rebirth led me into comics. So sad he's leaving.

#38 Edited by DonFelipe (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@donfelipe said:

The Book of Oa has been around for something like three decades now.

Oh, the Book of Oa!

This page should have been linked/tagged in "Filed under".

Obviously I'm not a regular reader of GL though I find the Lanterns to be interesting characters. There's just not enough time and money to check out everything. The only Lantern title I do read atm is Threshold.

Thanks for the info!

#39 Posted by HempKnight757 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251: Yeah cause he has been doing Aquaman & JL forever, right?

#40 Edited by HempKnight757 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonsabbath: I'd suggest picking up the first trade. #17 is the epilogue to the previous story arc, but helps setup the new one currently going.

#41 Posted by Teerack (6432 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Alan Scott in the last page?

#42 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251: Yeah cause he has been doing Aquaman & JL forever, right?

- Yeah "cause" i actually give a damn about Aquaman and JL, right?

#43 Edited by sinestro_GL (3163 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you Geoff for an incredible 9 whopping years!

I will be very sad to read the last page of this issue knowing that it's the end of an amazing adventure.

But who knows? Maybe we'll see you back before we know it!

#44 Posted by sinestro_GL (3163 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: No. The last page shows some flashbacks as Hal's time as a Green Lantern...the last panel shows him as Parallax - DC's attempt to kill off Hal after dragging his name through the mud

#45 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre is that you under the hood?

#46 Posted by Darksider555 (399 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Who's that guy in the robes?

Anyway I'm ok with him leaving. He did a lot of good for the GL universe but for awhile now it hasn't been all that good.

I would have also done the different corps differently. I also think he went overboard with them. I want to start seeing different things then just different light corps.

wiat maybe it black lantern Hal...

#47 Posted by CVTMNT (5 posts) - - Show Bio

whoa

#48 Posted by AmishAvenger (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone see Sinestro on the cover?

#49 Posted by HempKnight757 (128 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by FoxCircuit101 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay DC is so out of ideas because this already happened to Kyle Rayner and they're doing it again!