lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

Here is mine:

No powerups, powers are rechargeable. You can also charge up powers for special effects, but you must not be using any to do it (namely walking around or running like a normal human while you charge up).

All the basic powers included, it would be 3-D and there would be no travel power slow down as is common in MMO's. If you were a flyer you would easily be able to escape a ground based foe.

Missions would be game based. Some would involve how long you can hold you can stay in an area before being taken out. Others would involve you finding things to deposit at certain spots. All the while being harassed by foes.

Games would depend on what power style you picked. The game would challenge your power set. Also the choices you make towards in game characters would make a difference how they treat you, whether to help you or oppose you.

It would be a competition type game.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#2  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

A Bioware-style Role Playing Game (in fact, I would have it be a next generation trilogy made by them, similar to the Mass Effect trilogy from the current generation). While still narrative driven and with cinematic dialogue, it would be a bit more open world (like Skyrim) and play more as an action/adventure game (like Dante's Inferno, inFamous, or The Force Unleashed). Like Skyrim, powers would be upgraded based on usage. The universe would be original, but heavily inspired by both Marvel and DC, just as Mass Effect draws clear inspiration from other sci-fi franchises.

BlackPantherX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackPantherX

-Dc Universe body models and level of graphics quality.

-City of Heroes/Champions online Character creator versatility with DCUO level character graphics quality.

-Titan Quest weapons, armor and armor sets and weapon/armor abilities, power, characteristics, gems/upgrade slots.

-The best armor and weapons designers.

-Champions online free-form power structure options.

-City of Heroes type/quality quests.

-Action/aim-based FPS game-play i.e. no auto-animations or auto-hits.

-Champions PnP RPG powers/skills/items/etc structure (exact).

-City of Heoes auras and weapon auras.

-Weapon and armor crafting system that allows you to actually design and socket items to give them various damage type, abilities, bonuses, and effects.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

@RideASpaceCowboy: yeah A Skyrim type Superhero game where its set in either DC/Marvel you pick a class , powers and trade then depending what factions or guide you work with determines if your good or bad.

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@BlackPantherX said:

-City of Heroes/Champions online Character creator versatility.

Absolutely, I want to recreate Superb (formally know as Americanus).

The archetypal Super, the most quixotic hero of all!
BlackPantherX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackPantherX

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

@BlackPantherX said:

-City of Heroes/Champions online Character creator versatility.

Absolutely, I want to recreate Superb (formally know as Americanus).

You can create a close version of him in DCUO after farming and finding drops a but.

If only Champions Online had DCUO's body models and if only DCUOs had CO's ability to customize body proportions and height they would both be much better games. Champions bodies and graphics just are not near as good as DCUO's unfortunately and DCUO doesn't allow custom proportions (I know you realize this I am just griping).

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xybernauts

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

A Bioware-style Role Playing Game (in fact, I would have it be a next generation trilogy made by them, similar to the Mass Effect trilogy from the current generation). While still narrative driven and with cinematic dialogue, it would be a bit more open world (like Skyrim) and play more as an action/adventure game (like Dante's Inferno, inFamous, or The Force Unleashed). Like Skyrim, powers would be upgraded based on usage. The universe would be original, but heavily inspired by both Marvel and DC, just as Mass Effect draws clear inspiration from other sci-fi franchises.

@Rabidwolfdog said:

@RideASpaceCowboy: yeah A Skyrim type Superhero game where its set in either DC/Marvel you pick a class , powers and trade then depending what factions or guide you work with determines if your good or bad.

I like these two ideas alot....

Another idea is to take the Batman Arkham City architecture and simply apply it to other heroes like Flash, Green Arrow Superman, etc. I think they could do it.

ZEELLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ZEELLO

Wait so the game I'm supposed to design is not based on any currently existing superhero? :<

Why even make it a superhero game then?

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@ZEELLO said:

Wait so the game I'm supposed to design is not based on any currently existing superhero? :<

Why even make it a superhero game then?

The original poster never said you couldn't design a game based of existing characters and franchises. That's just the direction I chose to go in personally.

Also, it's absolutely possible to make a great superhero game without basing it on an existing property. Just look at inFamous and Freedom Force.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

^This idea is AWEsome, and I would totally buy this. I can imagine the type of hero or powers the hero would have would be selected like on Mass Effect 2 you chose between Sentinel, Engineer, and etc. Multiple stories, multiple powers, and multiple costumes. It would BE EPIC.

(+)

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By judasnixon

Guitar Hero The Dazzler Edition.....

No Caption Provided
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ComicStooge

A reboot of Godzilla: Save the Earth.

This sort of gameplay:

Loading Video...

But update graphics, add maps, polish it and add all the characters they previously couldn't (Monster X, , Zilla, Ebirah, Super Mecha-Godzilla, Hedorah etc) as well as get characters from other franchises (Gypsy Danger, Gamera, King Kong) as DLC and get the MUTOs and Godzilla 2014 in their too.

Awesomeness.

gipsy_danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with comicstooge, and mine would be pacific rim, godzilla, gamera, and ultraman monster battles. You would have a freestyle mode, and could unlock characters in missions and accomplish achievements. PR characters would be scaled and the most powerful. As realistic as the movies in terms of graphics.