• 49 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Publicist Gary Miereanu continues to reveal more and more of the upcoming DC animated movie, Justice League: War. He previously released images of some heroes and Darkseid, and today, he tweeted the first picture of Darkseid's follower, Desaad. Miereanu also informed us the character is voiced by Bruce Thomas. Here's the image he shared.

No Caption Provided

Justice League: War is based on Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's opening story in the New 52's JUSTICE LEAGUE series. Seeing as Desaad wasn't in that and Aquaman is being replaced with Shazam in the film, it definitely seems like there will be some big changes. We're seeing more and more images as the movie approaches, so hopefully a trailer isn't too far away!

Justice League: War is directed by Jay Oliva and currently set to release early 2014.

Source: Twitter

BadLuckCoderre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The voice of Master Chief! Hell yeah!

BadLuckCoderre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Making the obligatory I still can't believe they replaced a certain character comment.

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel that I'll be watching this with the obligatory "Don't expect anything and watch this 'cause it's the Justice league." I'm trying to be open minded about it but I can't help but wonder why Shazam is in there. lol

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ScarletWitchFever

Why take out Aquaman? I love Shazam, but Aquaman has always been a founding member of the Justice League. Besides, if they're basing JL: War off of the New 52, Shazam doesn't really come together as a character until later in the Justice League title. And in doing this, they're really messing with the chances of a Trinity War animated film. Shazam is the reason everyone's in Khandaq when Superman kills Doctor Light. How would they possibly make that work without fiddling with the timeline? I don't understand DC's creative teams sometimes, and I expected more from Geoff Johns.

On a better note, I'm happy with Bruce Thomas being brought back to DC. He voiced a great Atrocitus in GL: Emerald Knights.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see the point in replacing Aquaman with Shazam, but whatever.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!? No Aquaman??? This would've been the first time they could've shown what a badass he is!!! Especially with the shark scene!!! Why cut that out???

I like Shazam, but he is not main Justice League roster. Man, what a bummer.

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm bummed about aquaman not being in but still excited for this

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

meh.

Desaad isn't even Z-list,so I don't really care that much.

But they took out Aquaman? For another Superman?

Damn,DC really does hate some characters.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully that rumored Throne of Atlantis movie gets made. Aquaman must be redeemed for this injustice!

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hope they actually try to expand the story, not a lot actually happens Justice League Origin, there is a lot of action but the plot is simplistic and characters development is non existent, the dialog its basically one "who are you? what do you.?... oh that pretty cool i do this" after another. yes its an origins/first team up story but when compared to say The Ultimates Vol 1, the characters feel woefully underdeveloped

Flashpoint Paradox really succeed on removing the bad elements of Flashpoint and taking its time to expand on certain plot points.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

So he looks like the bastard offspring of a love affair between H'El and Jonah Hex... ew, just gave myself nightmares :S

traces8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman was such a legitimate character, then turned into a joke. I was so glad to see him treated respectfully and at "full power". Now the dude gets dropped like a bad habit. I love shazam, but come on aquaman is just starting to get his respect back.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: Shazam has clearly been selected for his character rather than his powers. Shazam is "fish out of water" character that audience can associate with, he's naive and new to superhero game, thus he is unaware of what is going on around which leads to the other characters explaining to him and inturn the audience what is going on, he's similar to Luke Skywalker in the a New Hope, he has no idea about the force, little knowledge of war between the rebels and empire but as he learns about them through the film the audience also learns.

I don't think it would be possible use aquaman in the same way. Its been done to improve the story not because aquaman isn't good enough

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Lvenger

Is this guy the voice of Master Chief? I did not know that. On another note, Desaad was in the first New 52 Justice League arc in issue 6. He and Steppenwolf can be seen overseeing Superman's experimentation.

No Caption Provided

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Miss_Garrick

Aquaman not being in this even though he's awesome, and Desaad being voiced by someone who is not Rene Auberjonois. I'm not sure if I want to see this movie.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By TDK_1997

The character's design looks like sh*t but I am glad that the voice actor would be someone cool.

fallbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what the reason was for replacing Aquaman... I'm sure there's some sort of reason there. I does kinda piss me off though.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@fallbrigade: So that Geoff Johns can push the "friendship" between Cyborg and Shazam, even though they have yet to meet in the comics. Smh

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

As long as he looks like he does in the comic when he has his hood on, I'm fine with that.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By M3th
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sammo21: Shazam has clearly been selected for his character rather than his powers. Shazam is "fish out of water" character that audience can associate with, he's naive and new to superhero game, thus he is unaware of what is going on around which leads to the other characters explaining to him and inturn the audience what is going on, he's similar to Luke Skywalker in the a New Hope, he has no idea about the force, little knowledge of war between the rebels and empire but as he learns about them through the film the audience also learns.

Wasn't that supposed to be Cyborg's role?

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

He looks like crap and not in a good way why have they given him a design that looks like his old one rather than his new 52 look where he looks more like a grim reaper

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nice, I like this design. Not a big fan of the New 52 one.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone tell MetH wHat tHis story is about?

-ABstract4$$#073-

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

"The time has come. Execute the Justice League."

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#31  Edited By amazing_webhead

When we get a real Justice League movie, then I'll be impressed.

DISOBEY_Finn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can live without Arthur, besides non of these movies are EXACTLY like the comic based on anyway, but close to it usually.

I'm pumped, can't wait!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: The formation of the JL, says so in the OP...

-------

Personally, I''m going to be one of those people who complains about Aquaman getting the shaft. It's ridiculous how he always gets screwed, especially to a Superman rip-off. (And I actually really like Captain Marvel/Shazam)

We already have Superman, we don't need another in the movie.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No Caption Provided

Good for Bruce Thomas to do the part...love the voice of Master Chief and he should do Desaad just fine. As for Aquaman being replaced by Shazam? Well...look above.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By entropy_aegis

NOW THAT is Desaad

He looks like crap and not in a good way why have they given him a design that looks like his old one rather than his new 52 look where he looks more like a grim reaper

Are you mad? this is Kirby's masterful design,leagues better than the generic new-52 rubbish.

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@scarletwitchfever: If they do a trinity war movie, adjusting for Shazam being in the Justice League a little bit earlier isn't going to be a problem.

Avatar image for mister_sensational
Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely agree with all the pro Aquaman comments. In that first Justice League arc Johns managed to make him seem like more than just a founding member from the old DCU that he was throwing in for nostalgia reasons, but rather another important piece to the overall puzzle, every bit as important as any of the others. To just remove him like that for another character for no apparent reason is just wrong on so many levels.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 k4tzm4n  Moderator
M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I didn't want to confirm the Aquaman movie without having any evidence but I was fairly certain it wasn't just a rumor.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Syndikate333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot wait till this comes out!!!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

What a cutey

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By chrisj_1

Actually he's his MoCap performer. Steve Downes is his voice but still pretty cool.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Captain13

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@novemberx2 said:

Wasn't that supposed to be Cyborg's role?

1. Cyborg did not fulfill that role in the original story since he didn't ask anyone questions about anything. In fact, Cyborg's role was the complete opposite since he provided answers about Darkseid to the rest of the team. Again, he didn't receive knowledge about anything.

2. That so called "fish out of water" role is not necessary since the team is forming in front of the reader instead of already being established. Also, I'm not sure if that should be called a "fish out of water role" since that doesn't necessarily have to do with introducing the reader to new concepts. For example, in Origin, Wonder Woman was technically a "fish out of water" but that contributed little to the plot and was only moderately funny--if that. It was done more out of necessity to explain that character's background.

Shazam should not have been put on the team for the following reasons.

1. Redundant Personality- Billy's childish personality is already established on the team in Green Lantern and Flash. I mean, the preview shows Billy hitting on Wonder Woman when Green Lantern did that in the book. Every joke Billy has is one less joke Green Lantern or Flash tell. This effectively waters down all three characters.

2. Redundant Visuals- So did we really need another flying brick with jet-black hair? Now we have three of them. And did we really need another character who wears read with a yellow lightning insignia?

3. Redundant Powers- Again, do we really need another flying brick with jet-black hair? I mean, he may be a wizard on top of that, but everyone knows he is a Superman clone. And any magic he does was not needed in the book. Anything he conjures--if anything at all--can probably be conjured by Green Lantern.

4. Absolutely No Fan Demand- Nuff said. He's liked, but absolutely no one has demanded Shazam as a founding member. As already established, he is ridiculously redundant.

If they really wanted to replace Aquaman, they should have gotten another non-redudundant, desperately-needed FEMALE character fans like--i.e. Vixen, Zatanna, etc.

Still, I think Aquaman should have been replaced or gotten rid of.

1. Now that Johns is leaving the title, he will lose his star power as quickly as the JSA, Hawkman, and Booster Gold did after Johns left those titles--regardless of the quality of the book. And Aquaman is still a joke to the general public. When I tried getting non-comic readers or people who read Spawn or Batman to read it, they refused.

2. In the original story, Aquaman only had a cameo and added absolutely nothing to the plot. Nothing. He was pointless. All the pages he took up could have been used and should have been used to flesh out other, more prominent characters like Superman, Darkseid, and Wonder Woman. Getting rid of Aquaman tightens a story that desperately needs tightening.

3. Aquaman can be more effectively introduced in a Throne of Atlantis film.

But you know what? We got Shazam, because Warner probably thinks they can sell more Shazam toys (wrong) or that he could be their next Harry Potter (also wrong since J.K. Rowling is making new films and the success of the original movies was based on Harry Potter's large fanbase outside of the films--something Shazam does not have).

I will give this film a fair shake, but everyone already knows they made some pretty dumb decisions.

Even though I'm not a huge Aquaman fan, he would at least make more sense than Shazam. And another female (or no 7th at all) would make more sense than either of those characters.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im glad thry're putting in shazam , aquaman had plenty of animated appearances over the years way more than shazam ...besides aquaman is getting his own movie, maybe this justice league movie will be a little different and surprise us, although i loved aquaman in the original story and i loved the part where he summoned those sharks and surprised green lantern , that would have been a great scene. shazam had a really cool expanded origin story in the new 52 justice league backups maybe he'll add something. alot of people are prejudging lets see what happens...im optimistic

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Cyborg did not fulfill that role in the original story since he didn't ask anyone questions about anything. In fact, Cyborg's role was the complete opposite since he provided answers about Darkseid to the rest of the team. Again, he didn't receive knowledge about anything.

2. That so called "fish out of water" role is not necessary since the team is forming in front of the reader instead of already being established. Also, I'm not sure if that should be called a "fish out of water role" since that doesn't necessarily have to do with introducing the reader to new concepts. For example, in Origin, Wonder Woman was technically a "fish out of water" but that contributed little to the plot and was only moderately funny--if that. It was done more out of necessity to explain that character's background.

1. Redundant Personality- Billy's childish personality is already established on the team in Green Lantern and Flash. I mean, the preview shows Billy hitting on Wonder Woman when Green Lantern did that in the book. Every joke Billy has is one less joke Green Lantern or Flash tell. This effectively waters down all three characters.

2. Redundant Visuals- So did we really need another flying brick with jet-black hair? Now we have three of them. And did we really need another character who wears read with a yellow lightning insignia?

3. Redundant Powers- Again, do we really need another flying brick with jet-black hair? I mean, he may be a wizard on top of that, but everyone knows he is a Superman clone. And any magic he does was not needed in the book. Anything he conjures--if anything at all--can probably be conjured by Green Lantern.

4. Absolutely No Fan Demand- Nuff said. He's liked, but absolutely no one has demanded Shazam as a founding member. As already established, he is ridiculously redundant.

If they really wanted to replace Aquaman, they should have gotten another non-redudundant, desperately-needed FEMALE character fans like--i.e. Vixen, Zatanna, etc.

1. Now that Johns is leaving the title, he will lose his star power as quickly as the JSA, Hawkman, and Booster Gold did after Johns left those titles--regardless of the quality of the book. And Aquaman is still a joke to the general public. When I tried getting non-comic readers or people who read Spawn or Batman to read it, they refused.

2. In the original story, Aquaman only had a cameo and added absolutely nothing to the plot. Nothing. He was pointless. All the pages he took up could have been used and should have been used to flesh out other, more prominent characters like Superman, Darkseid, and Wonder Woman. Getting rid of Aquaman tightens a story that desperately needs tightening.

But you know what? We got Shazam, because Warner probably thinks they can sell more Shazam toys (wrong) or that he could be their next Harry Potter (also wrong since J.K. Rowling is making new films and the success of the original movies was based on Harry Potter's large fanbase outside of the films--something Shazam does not have).

I will give this film a fair shake, but everyone already knows they made some pretty dumb decisions.

Even though I'm not a huge Aquaman fan, he would at least make more sense than Shazam. And another female (or no 7th at all) would make more sense than either of those characters.

i'm onboard for all of that except the part indicated in bolditalics. -- what? that's some kind of gigantic leap.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Herokiller12344

Master Chief as Desaad? What's with all of the unfitting VAs?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ips said:

@captain13 said:

i'm onboard for all of that except the part indicated in bolditalics. -- what? that's some kind of gigantic leap.

Not that big considering (1) how long a Shazam film has been in development, (2) Warner indicating a stronger interest in DC properties due to the Harry Potter films ending, and (3) the magical bent of both properties.

You can google that stuff. I do see how it was a break in the flow of what I said though.

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By JSAVen

Fanboys........ sigh

Doctor_Whovian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers