Definition of street level?

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I used to think it was superheroes who don't fly or were human sized so they stay on the street. Obviously, I don't consider Superman or Godzilla street level for that reason. Nowadays, I think it means human or not too far above human. What do you guys think is the meaning of street level?

FearTheBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

my guess is that anyone who, by their own natural abilities and not by the extension of their creations, can't cause a ruckus above town level.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@ninjawarrior268: Spider Man and Iron Fist would be considered high tier street. Probably more mid but its all about power output. Ive seen Ghost Rider considered street too

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their are two terms for street level

The first term relates to their power level, someone with little to no powers like iron fist, daredevil, batman, black panther, and deathstroke are some examples.

The second relates to heroes that actually go out on patrol, who normally stops anyone from purse snacthers, to mob bosses

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street level simply means they are willing to fight and prevent crime the happens in the streets, common thugs as well as low level superhumans. It usually has nothing to do with overall power level as Spider man is considered "street level" because he fights street crime. As far as pure power level goes he's easily high-mid tie. Easily able to match guys like Namor, The Thing, Iron-man etc.

And before anyone chimes in and says "spidey isn't as strong as those guys" You're right but he is a 40 tonner minimum, and that added to his speed, agility, spider-sense etc. easily puts him at their level.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

'I can't define it, but I know it when I see it.' I feel that quote fits the 'tiering' system.

And everyone perceives the line differently. Some consider Spider-Man street, some say he's low-mid tier. Personally in character I think Peter is the pinnacle of street level, and when he cuts loose he's mid tier.

Iron Fist, Black Panther, Deathstroke, Wolverine, Scarlet Spider...I'd consider all of them high end street.