#1 Posted by connect200 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember fans. You decide. Lets get the debate rollin'!

#2 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

Everyone will probably say Batman. :/

#3 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@fenixREVOLUTION said:

Superman.

Considering all the hate he gets, thats hardly the case

#4 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say taken as a whole by fans, both Batman and Superman are certainly overrated by people, or seen as overrated.

Personally, as someone who is overrated in the sense that I don't think they deserve their place or have more support than I feel they should, I'll say Booster Gold and Lobo.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll agree with Lobo.

#6 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

batman also known as batgod.

#7 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4997 posts) - - Show Bio

BAT F$&@;NG MAN!!!

#8 Posted by Catsnlynne (980 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me think, who is the most overated character in DC? I know how about... 

BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#9 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

Define overrated: Are we talking about fans saying a character can do more than he/she really can? Are we talking about a comic books sales/reception being better than we think it ought to be? See, I think Batman is over-rated by his fans...but not as a comic-book character. As a comic-book character, he's as good as there is. But no...he cannot beat Superman without a LOT of circumstances falling heavily into his favor (Like Kryptonite being easily available to him.)

#10 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

However we should look at over memed characters. The ones that get whined the most. let look at characters that made everyone else suck in order for him/her/it to look good.

Dearthstroke just few bad issue everyone bask on how great he is. Green Arrow is another the writers for certain arcs had to have a few glares at times.

#11 Posted by fACEmelter88 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats and Supes are awesome. Hal Jordan is over rated (I like him though).

#12 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Deathstroke.

#13 Posted by maddpanda (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Overrated...I'd have to go with Batman, Superman, and Booster Gold.

#14 Edited by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

1) The Flash. On these forums, he has been elevated to godlike status. Yet he has been decomissioned on numerous occasions by things like shrapnel and bullet fire.

2) Hulk. This is a character who has benefited from the popularity train as much as any.

3) "Batman with prep" has become the butt end of jokes on any a number of comic forums.

#15 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1: The Hulk is a Marvel character.

In terms of being overrated I feel Batman is often over rated. Not always, and not in all areas, but its more common with him then many other characters.

#16 Posted by EnergySlinger (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

Though I have been recently annoyed by a superman obsessed fan who keeps bringing up pre-crisis superman.

#17 Posted by Twentyfive (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Hal Jordan

Wally West (although, I kind of think he's just rated)

Superman for sure

I guess that's all.

Joker of course.

Yep, that's all.

#18 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman(don't hurt me Dark Knight)

Superman

Hal Jordan

Joker(please don't kill me Joker)

Deathstroke

Booster Gold

There's possibly more...but that's all for now.

#19 Posted by SmashBrawler (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom said:

@fenixREVOLUTION said:

Superman.

I have to agree with this. I don't get how Superman is overrated when most people seem to either hate him or don't care about him.

#20 Posted by The_Tree (7037 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker for me. I like him, but I just don't get the obsession over the character.

#21 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker and Batman

#22 Posted by Immortal777 (6679 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan

#23 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns.

#24 Posted by jwalser3 (4793 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Batman
  2. DeathStroke
  3. Flash
#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The correct answer is Barry Allen. 

#26 Posted by rodiggle (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Dream... I just don't get Sandman and I love Gaiman

#27 Posted by CharlesMartel (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam is terribly overrated

#28 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddles666 said:

Geoff Johns.

Haha, he certainly is a "character" in DC.

#29 Posted by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is single handedly destroying the battle forums. The guy solo'd the JLA? What exactly are his powers? I thought he was just a suped-up assassin type, but people make him out to be Dr. Manhattan

#30 Posted by SoA (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

@fenixREVOLUTION said:

Superman. Everyone will probably say Batman. :/

in all honesty Hal Jordan , not a huge fan of him

#31 Posted by The Stegman (22705 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, Wally West, Yes, I like him, but I've always been a Barry man myself, DC can take their time bringing him back.

#32 Posted by BlackWind (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@Havenless said:

Deathstroke is single handedly destroying the battle forums. The guy solo'd the JLA? What exactly are his powers? I thought he was just a suped-up assassin type, but people make him out to be Dr. Manhattan

Deathstroke is honestly an assassin version of Batman in the battle forums.

#33 Posted by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Hal Jordan is overrated by Geoff Johns. I don't generally see him being overrated by the fans though.

The Flashes for sure. I think there was a guy a few weeks back claiming Wally would be a universe buster if he didn't hold back.

I want to say Zoom as well, although at least there he admittedly has some truly ridiculous feats.

Batman, obviously. He's basically just a Macgyver joke at this point.

Darkseid. Not saying he's weak, just a lot of people think he can do things that he can't, or that he's done things that he hasn't, or that some things are canon when they're not.

Lobo, sort of. To me it seems pretty often he's not written to be taken seriously most of the time. But inevitably, people try to take everything he's done seriously. A lot of his shenanigans (especially in his solo titles) are probably better to regard as drug induced hallucinations than reality.

The Antimonitor. Yeah, the guy who blew up the DC multiverse. Hear me out though. Yes, he has a ton of raw power and high durability, but does he have much besides that? His mental powers are highly limited (needed Psycho Pirate's help), and I don't recall much in the way of reality warping from him. Sure, he can generate blasts of staggering power and shrug off a lot of damage, but otherwise, to me he seems limited in scope compared to some universal powers like the Infinity Gauntlet.

Nekron. Written to be very powerful? Obviously. What has he actually done? Not a whole lot.

#34 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

#35 Posted by ThexX (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#36 Posted by SmashBrawler (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

@Havenless said:

I know, right? Identity Crisis sucked.

#37 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom said:

@fenixREVOLUTION said:

Superman.

agreed his stories and comics are pretty cool every1 thinks that there supes flying around punching bad guy once then looking good for the camera

#38 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats is awesome but I do understand he is over hyped at many points.