• 57 results
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigcimmerian

- Where would you put Slade's strength level? I think that he is 1-2 toner at best

- In his bio it says that he can lift 800 lbs

KungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KungFu

He can lift 800 pounds with strain. 
He can lift 400 pounds without much strain. 
He can lift 200 pounds with 1 arm with ease.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By super_psycho

Slade is atleast 3.5 toner

KungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KungFu

His body could probably support 1.5 to 2 tons on top of him, but he can't lift it.  

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThexX

I have down the math and it is about 6,500 lbs.

KungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KungFu

Most cars weigh about 1.5 tons, and these are just the sedans. Coupes and smaller weigh 800 to 1,100 pounds. Show me a scan of Slade lifting a car with ease and maybe I might consider. When you guys say 2 to 3 tons, that his strength at the absolute desperate hour. Under no normal circumstances is he to lift 3 tons unless that 3 tons were already on top of him and him struggling to get out.

KungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KungFu

When I say Lift, that is to be completely over his head. Not lifting one side of a car or object using leverage as a base.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By MyronLee26

Slade has been described as having the strength of 10 men. whatever that means?

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slade is peak human like captain America so, that's around 1100 lbs

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

IIRC Slade is much stronger than a peak human.. they just never use it because he is always fighting batman lol. at the most he is a 3 tonner

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3-5 tons.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Hajduk

He's been getting a lot stronger in modern times. Originally Wolfman described him as having the strength of 10 men. He was just strong enough to do things that peak humans couldn't, like bust out of shackles, but his strength was never supposed to be a significant factor against real metahumans.

However nowadays he seems like a bonafide metahuman and his advantage over Batman is more than just slight.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 to 10 tons

Fablehaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've heard, it's probably safe to say he has enhanced strength.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny: What's the difference?

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol putting him at 10 tons is around Spider-man's resting level.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

His strength level has variant showings. I would say his strength is most often depicted to be between 1-3 Tons. However he has high-end showings that depict his strength much higher 4-6 Tons. Maybe one or two depictions showing higher feats, not the norm.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Hajduk

@renny said:
@the_hajduk said:

@renny: What's the difference?

To me enhanced has always meant inferior to super.

Sounds negligible. The writer already used the word enhanced in reference to Slade's reflexes so the word super in reference to strength just avoids redundancy. I don't think there's supposed to be a difference between enhanced, super, meta, any of these terms.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3-5 tons

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny said:

@the_hajduk: I disagree. But okay.

He's kind of right. His speed and strength have been referred to as heightened, enhanced, superhuman and super. Some writers like Priest make distinctions between the terms but most don't, so the difference is negligible.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have pre/post-Crisis Deathstroke down as a 2-3 tonner. He was outmuscling Batman before his strength was brought to its peak, and even when it had been halved he still left Nightwing on the ground barely able to speak with one punch after he broke his grip:

After Nuclear Winter Slade was strong enough to hit Tim Drake so hard he pushed a car partway across a street, manhandle Gorilla Grodd's super-gorillas, climb a Gotham City skyscraper by digging his fingers into its side, overpower one of Cyborg's arms and hurl other established street-levelers like Bronze Tiger through the air. More outrageously would be his feats of breaking free of Gorilla Grodd's grip and kicking through Lex Luthor's force field.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Hajduk

@renny said:

@the_hajduk: I disagree.

He could have just said superior strength and reflexes. He could have worded it other ways also.

Yeah but this doesn't prove that super strength is different from enhanced strength.

@elijah_c_washington said:

I have pre/post-Crisis Deathstroke down as a 2-3 tonner. He was outmuscling Batman before his strength was brought to its peak, and even when it had been halved he still left Nightwing on the ground barely able to speak with one punch after he broke his grip:

After Nuclear Winter Slade was strong enough to hit Tim Drake so hard he pushed a car partway across a street, manhandle Gorilla Grodd's super-gorillas, climb a Gotham City skyscraper by digging his fingers into its side, overpower one of Cyborg's arms and hurl other established street-levelers like Bronze Tiger through the air. More outrageously would be his feats of breaking free of Gorilla Grodd's grip and kicking through Lex Luthor's force field.

It has to be understood that comic book fights are "accelerated." There just aren't enough panels to portray these fights to the length that they probably should be. I'm not saying Deathstroke didn't curbstomp Nightwing, but I don't think it had anything to do with strength, this is just an indication of Slade being much higher on the food chain, with or without his enhancements (since you said his strength was halved, I would take this as Slade not even needing his enhancements to beat Dick). Look at Batman vs Bane, a fight between two amazingly tough equals, you wouldn't say that fight actually ended within four punches, would you? Batman can knock out Bane with just four punches? A fight between Batman and Bane literally lasts less than 10 seconds, and Batman is bloodied and exhausted after just 10 seconds of fighting? No way.

Here is an example. The TV show Arrow was able to portray the fight between Green Arrow and China White to its full length. They both block and parry at least a dozen attacks from one another. When the exact same scene was adapted to a comic, it had to be shortened to five panels.

Loading Video...

So unless there is a STATEMENT about Slade only needing one punch to knock out Dick, I wouldn't take that as Slade being purely strong enough to oneshot Dick, the fight being short just says Slade can beat Dick easily.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: No, we see exactly how the whole fight played out and it ended with one punch. He one-shotted Dick. Also since this fight wasn't adapted to a comic from live action I don't see how you can expect to pass Arrow off as a valid example.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: No, we see exactly how the whole fight played out and it ended with one punch. He one-shotted Dick. Also since this fight wasn't adapted to a comic from live action I don't see how you can expect to pass Arrow off as a valid example.

So you also believe that Bane gets knocked out with four punches, from a guy who is left bloodied and panting after 10 seconds of combat.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Depends. Are we talking about Knightfall? I haven't read that in awhile.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Depends. Are we talking about Knightfall? I haven't read that in awhile.

Any of their fights. That's just a general example. The point is literally every comic book fight ends after a handful of panels and four or five strikes.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Any of their fights? You think this is the same with every comic book fight?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Any of their fights? You think this is the same with every comic book fight?

I think the vast majority of them end after about four or five punches.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Slade's fight with Batman went on longer than that just 7 issues beforehand so I'm still not seeing where you're coming from. Both fights were drawn the same way. And it's not like Slade being that strong is inconsistent in the first place. He had manhandled Dick in all their fights up until that point, and Grayson has since acknowledged that Slade could kill him without trying.

I'm not convinced there's anything more to this than you just not liking the feat.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Slade's fight with Batman went on longer than that just 7 issues beforehand so I'm still not seeing where you're coming from. Both fights were drawn the same way. And it's not like Slade being that strong is inconsistent in the first place. He had manhandled Dick in all their fights up until that point, and Grayson has since acknowledged that Slade could kill him without trying.

I'm not convinced there's anything more to this than you just not liking the feat.

Okay how long did Batman and Slade's fight go on? Maybe 10 punches? That still isn't a lot.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why did we bring Arrow into this.................................

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did we bring Arrow into this.................................

I used Arrow to showcase comic book timing, how the exact same scene is drastically shorter just because a comic book has less space.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Okay, so let's look at that fight. To recap, Deathstroke's fight with Grayson consisted of Nightwing tearing off his disguise, leaping through the air and kicking Slade in the face, then Slade throwing Grayson off of him, Dick getting back up and jumping at him one more time before Deathstroke punches him in the jaw when he was till in the air. His fight with Batman was much different:

1. Batman kicks Deathstroke midair, they both make it to the ledge.
  2. They engage each other in close quarters, getting into several complex exchanges. Deathstroke is using his staff.
  3. Batman rams Deathstroke into the side of a building, Slade begins to overpower him but Bruce kicks his way out of it.
  4. Deathstroke is without his staff. Batman starts landing strikes but Slade quickly takes the advantage and proves he's faster by getting behind him.
  5. There were six hits in this page alone, all from Slade. He beat Batman down but refused to kill him.
  6. Batman sneak attacks Slade through a window but Slade returns the favor by kicking him into a bookcase. Batman was already wounded enough that this ended the fight.

Questions: That's a helluva lot more of a fight then when he two-shotted Dick Grayson 7 issues later, is it not? How long does a fight have to be before it can be considered legitimate in your opinion? What do you mean when you say that all the Nightwing feat was meant to do was establish Slade as higher on the food chain? And do you have any evidence to prove what you've said about the feat is more plausible than how I represented it myself?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Hajduk

@elijah_c_washington: I know his fight with Batman was a lot more extensive. That was a battle of peers whereas against Nightwing was a pro vs a kid. I agree Slade curbstomped Nightwing, I just don't think it had anything to do with strength. The only difference between Nightwing and Batman is experience, Batman isn't massively more durable for no reason, they're both peak humans. Batman's fight with Slade showed they are peers, whereas Nightwing's showed he has a long way to go before keeping up with the pros. Especially if Slade's enhanced strength was reduced in that arc, I think that's a fairly straightforward showing of Slade being superior to Nightwing WITHOUT his enhancements, the fight goes to show Slade as still more skilled and experienced, not anything to do with brute strength.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: As far as Dick and Bruce both being peak humans, yes, but only one of them had the Batsuit. Regardless, I never said that this had nothing to do with skill or that it was all brute strength no less. In fact, I actually identified the part that skilled played in it, which was Slade choosing to strike him down when he was still in the air. Striking feats are generally both skill and strength, not one or the other.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: As far as Dick and Bruce both being peak humans, yes, but only one of them had the Batsuit. Regardless, I never said that this had nothing to do with skill or that it was all brute strength no less. In fact, I actually identified the part that skilled played in it, which was Slade choosing to strike him down when he was still in the air. Striking feats are generally both skill and strength, not one or the other.

Are you implying that Deathstroke could oneshot Batman if he didn't have his suit?

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around 5 tons tho slade has done well against manta who is a 7-10 toner so maybe his strength is higher under more serious/desperate circumstances

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

casual toner

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Most writers seem to agree on Deathstroke being around that much stronger than Batman, so sure. Hardly the point I'm trying to make.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Most writers seem to agree on Deathstroke being around that much stronger than Batman, so sure. Hardly the point I'm trying to make.

Uh, like who? Which writers have said Deathstroke can beat Batman with one punch? Was it the 10 writers who made them have prolonged, dead even fights?

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Marv Wolfman had Slade beat Batman when he was totally uninterested in fighting him. Dixon had Slade put Batman down with three moves after letting him land free shots and put him down again with one punch later in the same issue. It was stated under Daniel that Slade at his best would be able to beat Batman in no more than three moves and Priest said the only reason he didn't have them fight in issues 4-5 of his series was because Slade would instantly split his skull.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Marv Wolfman had Slade beat Batman when he was totally uninterested in fighting him. Dixon had Slade put Batman down with three moves after letting him land free shots and put him down again with one punch later in the same issue. It was stated under Daniel that Slade at his best would be able to beat Batman in no more than three moves and Priest said the only reason he didn't have them fight in issues 4-5 of his series was because Slade would instantly split his skull.

Slade was defending himself in the Wolfman fight and Batman outright won the Dixon fight, he feigned being put down. Although if you can show me these statements from Daniel and Priest, I might be convinced.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GXrevs06

Planet level. He was able wrestle with Superman in the last issue

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Batman outright won the Dixon fight? There was nothing outright about it, he sneak attacked Slade when he was engaged in a long rage gunfight with a personal enemy from his past. Bruce got back up, sure, but he was still legitimately very injured even though Deathstroke was never taking the fight seriously in the first place. As for Daniel's statement, it was in the comic itself but he also corroborated it on Twitter:

No Caption Provided

Priest's statement was on his own website. Here is the quote along with a link to the original thread:

Yes, Deathstroke is on Captain America’s power level, which is superior to that of a normal human being, while Batman is essentially on Daredevil power level: top athlete, etc., but not superhuman. The theory being, once Deathstroke got his hands on Batman, it would be over.

With all due respect to other writers, I haven’t seen a Batman v Deathstroke fight that made any sense to me. If Deathstroke connected a haymaker punch to Batman it would split Bats’ skull. I actually went out of my way to avoid physical confrontation between the two because that wasn’t the story I wanted to tell; I wanted them to swap partners as a way of further defining the post-Rebirth version of Deathstroke.

Also, if you want to continue this debate I'm going to have to ask you to address the fact that Deathstroke has always been portrayed as that much stronger than Nightwing. In their first fight Dick was so outclassed he realized his best chance of living through it was to trick Deathstroke into BFRing him out a window:

No Caption Provided

Wolfman also had Slade take Dick Grayson out of fighting condition with one strike after he had let himself get beaten up a little bit during his New Titans series:

A few years after their Nuclear Winter fight, Dick said Slade could kill him without breaking a sweat because he's a metahuman, once again under Chuck Dixon:

No Caption Provided

He has also casually wrecked Nightwing under Devin Grayson. Sure, Slade was weakened when he one-shotted Dick in the scans I originally used but he also wasn't messing around that time. Everything I've said is backed up by evidence, which you haven't provided any of.