• 116 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (39066 posts) - - Show Bio

It's unfortunate Deathstroke's series was canceled, but it looks like Slade is getting plenty of love everywhere else. He's easily one of the cheapest characters in Injustice: Gods Among Us (spam those guns!), has a jaw-droppingly awesome statue on the way, and we know he'll be in the upcoming Batman game... but now it looks like he'll be playable, too! IGN posted a retailer listing on Amazon and it appears Slade will be yours to control. Based on the ad, you'll get "Playable Deathstroke DLC" with a pre-order.

Also, confidence in the game took a dive when it was reported Kevin Conroy wouldn't be involved, but Joystiq has pointed out the legendary voice of Batman says otherwise! Rejoice, friends! Lastly, the game's first full trailer will hit the web tomorrow and we'll definitely have it on the homepage!

UPDATE!

Per Best Buy:

"Pre-order Batman: Arkham Origins now to play as Deathstroke — gain access to two additional challenge maps and two Deathstroke skins (Internet connection required for downloadable content; not available on all platforms)"

Source: IGN, Joystiq

Update 2

You can check out the full teaser trailer HERE.

The box art and some more screenshots were released as well.

Additionally, Joystiq has confirmed Conroy is not voicing Batman. Roger Craig Smith will voice the Dark Knight and Troy Baker will serve as the Joker.

Staff
#1 Edited by sentryman555 (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the Deathstroke DLC only for Amazon pre-orders?

#2 Edited by SmashBrawler (5599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not completely optimistic about this game but I'd be lying if I said these news didn't make me feel more excited about it.

#3 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke holding Batman's cowl! I guess this is a "what if" DLC?

#4 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

That's great!

Now give me my goddamn Superman video game!

#5 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!! I can't wait for this!

#6 Edited by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

That. is. great.

#7 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (13396 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#8 Edited by t3hLomb (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Conroy returning is making me feel a bit better, but no Rocksteady or Paul Dini are still big notches against.

#9 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Conroy!? *Swoon*

Now if only DC would make a Justice League movie with the same animation style as the cut scenes from Arkham and get Conroy and the rest of the JLU cast to voice the film. How amazing would that be??

@sandman_ said:

Also this!

#10 Posted by Falconer (152 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very reluctant to even get interested in this game, nonetheless consider buying it. It's not made by Rocksteady, it's out around the same time as GTA V, and it's out right before the new consoles come out.

On the other hand, I effing LOVE Arkham City. If what they show at E3 really blows my socks off and/or they port it to the new consoles, then that'll help in me getting it.

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I have interest in this game.

#12 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

0.0 Looks like I'll be pre-ordering this. =D

#13 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so excited about this news and the new full length trailer that is coming out tommorow! A lot of people are concerned about the lack of Rocksteady but the new developer is using the same engine which guarantees the game will atleast look great and Rocksteady has vouched for them which is good enough for me.

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6571 posts) - - Show Bio

FACK YEAHHH!!!

#15 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

My reaction?

#16 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg yes!! Ultra mega epic news!!

#17 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

If he's a villain in it, won't he be fighting himself?

#18 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke DLC? Sweet! Interest in game just went up. Kevin Conroy's back? Interest goes up again. Was looking forward to playing this game and now am EXTREMELY looking forward to this game.

#19 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

aw yeah

#21 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

omg

#22 Posted by jwalser3 (4842 posts) - - Show Bio

OH HELL YEAH!

#23 Edited by ccraft (5164 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

That's great!

YES!

#24 Edited by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke playable?!

#25 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

That's great!

Nyahahahahahahahahahahaha! Peace. :D

#26 Posted by slade_wilson (447 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(my life is complete)

#27 Posted by M3th (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like since 2007 DC decided to push Deathstroke. I honestly can't remember him having so many fans pre-2007.

#28 Posted by LiveForever (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap yes. I was most worried that Conroy wouldn't be involved. This is amazing news.

#29 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

This gives me happiness inside and I feel I can say this out loud, the best Video Game series 3. Halo series 2. Mass Effect 1. Batman Arkham series. This sereis is so good and I'm highly confident that this game will be better than City.

#30 Posted by t84nightfall (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555: Yes, but more than likely it will be released to the public for money. If you get it on Amazon, you get it for free, but they will definitely release it later, because if they didn't they wouldn't get as much profit as they would, it's all smart business, and money is all people care about.

#31 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

All this game needs is a Spy vs Merc esque type of game.

Imagine having someone play as Batman vs an army of players.

#32 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

That's great!

Nyahahahahahahahahahahaha! Peace. :D

A good one!

#33 Edited by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#34 Posted by ARMIV2 (8411 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it looks like I'm getting this.

#35 Posted by wh1t3b0y5t33z (54 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks amazing. I'm hoping later in the game's lifespan they will offer it for everyone.

#36 Posted by iceslick (780 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555: Yup it's mostly gonna be an Amazon pre-order exclusive. So I guess you might have start planning to get it from there or unless you might want to wait until it comes out as a DLC. I remember they for Robin and Nightwing as pre-order exclusives for Arkham City and became DLCs afterward.

#37 Edited by sentryman555 (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@iceslick: @t84nightfall: Hmmm....It almost sounds like it'd be smarter to wait for the game of the year edition like Arkham City had.

#38 Posted by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the guy who voices deathstroke in this game is the same one from Injustice, he is killer (!) there.

#39 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

happy happy happy

#40 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Amazon stepped up its pre-order bonus contracts. If no one else can offer Deathstroke for free, then I know where I'm shopping.

#41 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

So was it confirmed that this is the SIlver Age-esque game that was supposed to introdue the League and show his first encounter with the Joker? I'll hold out for a Hamill appearence until the moment I buy the game

#42 Edited by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that the Deathstroke DLC might just be Challenge Room content like the Nightwing and Robin DLC packs for Arkham City, the latter of which was a pre-order bonus at Best Buy. Not that that's really a bad thing, mind you.

Good on them for getting Kevin Conroy again, though. WB Montreal is already fighting an uphill battle simply by not being Rocksteady, so it really adds to their favor that they are retaining THE voice despite the earlier reports of that not being the case.

#43 Posted by iceslick (780 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555: Yeah that's true, hey the way to buy the game is up to you. They just do these deals to gain more money that's all.

#44 Edited by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Kevin Conroy can do a good young Bruce/Batman voice.

#45 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@sleepbutnodream15: The Batman voice could be the same. The Bruce Wayne voice should be younger.

#46 Posted by RustyRoy (11890 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news! Ron Perlman should voice Slade.

#47 Posted by torzone (408 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Catwoman and Dick Grayson are too, I loved them in Arkham City

#48 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3592 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade holding Batmans cowl is great. I have a feeling Bats will $$$ him off, tricking Black Mask. I also saw this earlier and people were talking about Robin. Is there a Robin in year 2? I could imagine a cameo from a young boy like Grayson or something being "bait" for Bats. Otherwise I don't imagine seeing him. I'm extremely interested to see how the Batman/Deathstroke story plays out. Probably like Rises where Bats is defeated then comes back for the ass kicking on Slade. Either way I'm psyched.

I also hoped for a justice league game (arkham esque) but with Injustice out its doubtful.

Ps I can't stand Barry Allen as Flash over Wally West. That is all.

#49 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES!!! I LOVED DEATHSTROKE LOVE NOW HES GOING TO BE PLAYABLE! YES! Wait is it only amazon preorder?

#50 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1226 posts) - - Show Bio