Death of the family as a jumping on point?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MakkyD

Due to money constraints and the position I'm currently in on the New 52 timeline, I was thinking of starting Batman with Death of the Family. Would this be smart or is it too hard to catch up? How connected is it to Court of Owls storyline as I may read that one of these and don't want "spoilers".

Dm225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dm225

I started with Death of the Family and didn't have any issues. I'd suggest hopping over to the library and reading the first two trades though. Very good.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

as in just the Batman title? or just the Batman and Robin? or the whole batman franchise?

if its batman.... your really just missing the Court of Owls storyarc (WHICH IS AWESOME)

if its Batman and Robin.... you really just miss Damien act a little like Jason Todd, before they decided to kill Jason off...which I blame for the reason they xd Damien

whole franchise...it ties into all of them, but mostly deals SPECIFICALLY, with those two, and Batgirl.

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Death of the Family...That's how I started...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

Go for it, though I would read Court of Owls in trade...just cause it's great.

Smallville2106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I started with Death Of The Family too and also had no issues. Trades for the first issues before it though.