i thought it would be zauriel

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By TitanTempest

@SoA: With all the Angels and Demons appearing in the DCnU, Im sure Zauriel will come back. He may not have as big a role as he used to, but Im hope he will comeback

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By SoA

@TitanTempest: he would be better suited against etrigan or joing up with JLD , never really understood his role in jla , btw you gtta be the first zauriel fan i ever came across lol

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TitanTempest

@SoA said:

@TitanTempest: he would be better suited against etrigan or joing up with JLD , never really understood his role in jla , btw you gtta be the first zauriel fan i ever came across lol

I dont like the idea of him being a fallen angel, but I do like Angels. He was created as a replacement for Hawkman. Who cant respect that lol, Hes cooler than hawkman

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Timandm

@TitanTempest said:

@Timandm said:

I thought the Wonder Twins HAD been brought back... By Marvel... Let's see...

1: Male and Female twins with a strong resemblance

2: Super Powers

3: When they touch a power is activated.

Yep.... Marvel brought them back.

haha Who are they?

I guess that's a bad image, but that's Northstar and Aurora. Twins who were first introduced into the Marvel Universe as part of Alpha Flight when it started. They're twins, can both fly and they're both speedsters. Originally, when they touched there would be a blinding flash of light.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TitanTempest

@Timandm: Oh Gotcha! Its a great image, just thinking of them like the Wonder Twins threw me off.

CellarDweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CellarDweller

@cbishop said:

The rings: why do they need to touch rings to activate their powers? How do the rings work? Why do they work in two different ways? Are there other rings out there, that produce a myriad of other results? Honestly, the best answer here seems to be "magic," which I feel is a bit of a writing copout, but if it were magic, then a link could be drawn to a currently unrelated concept: the H-dials from Dial H For Hero.

The rings have been shown to somehow be the source of their powers. If one of them loses the ring, they cannot transform... or can they? I remember one episode of the Super Friends, where they were able to touch the ends of their fingers to Gleek's nose, and effect the change. So was it because they were wearing the rings, or because the power is actually inside them, but somehow effected by physical touch? And if it's inside them, then why do they pretend like they need those silly rings?

Now clearly, I'm overthinking things here - it worked that way, because someone thought it would be funny for Gleek to shove his nose between their fingers, so they could transform. But these are the minutiae we worry about as fans, so I would want an explanation.

First off, I want to say that I love the "new" Wonder Twins that appear here. Very cool design!

I've been a fan of the Super Friends cartoons since they first aired, and have all the DVDs out now.

In regards to the "rings" the twins use, there are no rings. There was an episode where they were trapped in glass cylinders, and they used their "Justice League Rings" to cut through the glass and activate their powers, but the powers themselves are a not powered by rings.

Zan & Jayna have been in Super Friends, Extreme Justice and Young Justice. I had heard rumors that they would appear in the Young Justice cartoon, but I can't find any confirmation of this. I would love to see them back, but not only updated, but used seriously, instead of the comic relief they were used for on Super Friends.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#58  Edited By cbishop

@CellarDweller said:

@cbishop said:

The rings: why do they need to touch rings to activate their powers? How do the rings work? Why do they work in two different ways? Are there other rings out there, that produce a myriad of other results? Honestly, the best answer here seems to be "magic," which I feel is a bit of a writing copout, but if it were magic, then a link could be drawn to a currently unrelated concept: the H-dials from Dial H For Hero.

The rings have been shown to somehow be the source of their powers. If one of them loses the ring, they cannot transform... or can they? I remember one episode of the Super Friends, where they were able to touch the ends of their fingers to Gleek's nose, and effect the change. So was it because they were wearing the rings, or because the power is actually inside them, but somehow effected by physical touch? And if it's inside them, then why do they pretend like they need those silly rings?

Now clearly, I'm overthinking things here - it worked that way, because someone thought it would be funny for Gleek to shove his nose between their fingers, so they could transform. But these are the minutiae we worry about as fans, so I would want an explanation.

First off, I want to say that I love the "new" Wonder Twins that appear here. Very cool design!

I've been a fan of the Super Friends cartoons since they first aired, and have all the DVDs out now.

In regards to the "rings" the twins use, there are no rings. There was an episode where they were trapped in glass cylinders, and they used their "Justice League Rings" to cut through the glass and activate their powers, but the powers themselves are a not powered by rings.

Zan & Jayna have been in Super Friends, Extreme Justice and Young Justice. I had heard rumors that they would appear in the Young Justice cartoon, but I can't find any confirmation of this. I would love to see them back, but not only updated, but used seriously, instead of the comic relief they were used for on Super Friends.

Huzzah! An explanation!! Yay!!! ...Still, now we're back to the problem of: why does their power depend on physical touch to activate? <shrugs> Whatever, I like it that the rings were JL rings. I would like it better if they became Legion flight rings. :) Also, right there with you on wanting to see them used seriously.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#59  Edited By Teerack

I've kinda been hoping the wonder twins would show up soon in the new 52 lol.

Avatar image for iragulasuperbia
iragulasuperbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By iragulasuperbia

It'd be cool if they made an appearance. However, it is most likely they'll do so in National Comics or DC Universe Presents rather than any of the other titles. I mean, that's the most likely way they'll be featured as the main characters of a comic.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By InnerVenom123

I think you mean DC's biggest saving grace.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TitanTempest

@InnerVenom123 said:

I think you mean DC's biggest saving grace.

"Like" lol

CellarDweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CellarDweller

@cbishop said:

Huzzah! An explanation!! Yay!!! ...Still, now we're back to the problem of: why does their power depend on physical touch to activate? <shrugs> Whatever, I like it that the rings were JL rings. I would like it better if they became Legion flight rings. :) Also, right there with you on wanting to see them used seriously.

Hello CBishop!

I don't know what the reason was on the cartoon. While the cartoon aired, there was a matching comic book, that lasted (I believe) 47 issues. In issue #14 they went into the origin of Zan & Jayna. It was revealed that Exxor had two races, the non-powered humans and the shape-shifters. Inter-breeding nearly bred shape-shifters out of existence, as it was a recessive trait.

Any time children were born with shifting abilities, there was something that changed, a "weakness" that developed. In a later issue of the comic's run, a story was done that featured the Super Friends on Exxor, and they were fighting another set of "wonder twins". This pair didn't need to touch to use their powers, but their weakness was that using their powers drained their energies. Thier first shifts were to copy Superman & Wonder Woman. Their next shifts were Aquaman and Hawkgirl, and the last shift was Batman and Batgirl. Zan & Jayna's weakness is that they have to come into contact to activate the powers or resume their human forms.

With all the changes to DC's continuity, I'm not sure this origan is even valid any more.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TitanTempest

@CellarDweller: Very interesting Dweller, I had no idea. I kinda like the weakness idea and other twins, it is kind of cool. Just not the fact that it is bred in, but maybe they can use the something else to tie it in. Thanks for the info!

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#65  Edited By RazzaTazz

I think with the right writer these two could be incorporated in.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#66  Edited By cbishop

@CellarDweller: Thanks much. They at least tried to make it make sense. I don't care for that weakness thing so much, since it's a different weakness from shifter to shifter, but at least they tried. I didn't realize they had explained that much about the Twins. Very cool.

CellarDweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By CellarDweller

Well since you seem to like the information, I can give you the story on Zan & Jayna.

In the cartoon, all we were told was that Zan & Jayna were twins from Exxor, their powers were activated by touch, and they were training to be super heroes with The Super Friends.

The Super Friends comic gave them a bigger back story and used them much better.

Zan and Jayna were born with the shifting powers that were nearly bred out of the race. When they were just toddlers, they had their first shift, Jayna into an Exxorian animal, and Zan a fountain.

Not long after this shift, a plague swept across Exxor, killing most of the Exxorians, including the twins’ parents. They were adopted by Dentwill, the owner of a traveling space carnival, who took Zan & Jayna to make them the star attraction of his freak show.

They were taught by the carnival people, and under Exxorian law, were Dentwill’s property until they turned 20.

At the age of 16 they escaped the carnival and became fugitives, returning briefly to Exxor. They landed in a forest and found a house that was camouflaged to be unseen by air. It was a hideout for Grax, Superman’s enemy, who was plotting to destroy the Earth with numerous bombs. He was recording is plans in Interlac, a galaxy wide language the twins knew. They quickly got back into their spacecraft (which they stole from Dentwill) and headed to Earth. They crash landed, and were found by the original Jr. Super Friends, Wendy & Marvin. They were able to warn them, and the rest of the Super Friends and Justice League about Grax’s plan.

The main heroes went off to foil Grax’s plans, leaving Wendy, Marvin & the twins at the Justice League satellite to monitor the situation. Grax attacked the satellite to get revenge on the twins for ruining his plans, and was captured by a

surprise attack by Wendy and Marvin.

When the JL returned to the satellite and found Grax captured, they declared that Wendy & Marvin had graduated from “Jr” status. They both announced they were going to college, and at this point the twins announced they were orphans, and would like to remain on Earth to learn from them.

The comic series showed the twins taking self-defense lessons, on training sessions with the senior heroes, and even living with Batman’s friend, Professor Nicholas Nichols, who taught Zan & Jayna English, and helped them with their studies.

They used their powers in much more inventive ways, Jayna turning into Exxorian animals and such, and Zan turning into “Jack Frost” who was a form of water, and freezing everything he touched. In one issue Superman challenged the twins to take him down. Zan failed at his attempt. Jayna turned into a large Kryptonian creature, and got all of Superman’s powers, so she was able to bring him back to the ground.

They were even given secret identities, John and Joanna Flemming, with the guise of being “Swedish exchange students” to explain their Exxorian accent.

In the issue I discussed before (where the Super Friends went to Exxor to battle the other "wonder twins") they were met by Exxor's high ruler. After the battle was won, he declared Zan & Jayna free of any obligations to Dentwill, and free of any charges from being fugitives, and they were free to return to Earth to continue their training.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By xybernauts

@TitanTempest: So it looks like we have been given a glance at Young Justice's version of the Superfriend Minoriteam.

• Superfriends = Justice League Unlimited = Young Justice
  • Black Vulcan = Juice = Virgil Hawkins
  • El Dorado = N/A = Eduardo Dorado Jr.‎
  • Apache Chief = Long Shadow = Tye Longshadow
  • Samurai = Wind Dragon = Asami Koizumi

Unfortunately Zan and Jayna aka The Wonder Twins weren't included in the episode.

I think most of these characters are a big improvement. They have alot more personality, but lack or have not yet developed a superheroic identity the way they did in Justice League Unlimited.

I'm happy that they included a version of El Dorado in Young Justice. They neglected to include him in JLU.

I like how they changed Tye Longshadow's power to a physical manifestation of astral projection. It helps distinguish him from Giganta.

Truthfully I wish they made Tye Longshadow and El Dorado as a homo-magi (i.e. magic wielding humans like Zatanna) instead of making them metahumans, Longshadow's astral projection seems like a magical ability to me and originally El Dorado's teleportation ability was based in magic.

While I'm happy to see Virgil Hawkings in Young Justice, but I don't like how he has been used as a replacement for Black Vulcan. I would have preferred it if they created a new version of Black Vulcan altogether. I know some people might think there are too many "black electricity wielding" heroes, but I feel there is room for one more. They could have made this character the son or daughter of Black Lightning, which would make sense since originally Black Vulcan was supposed to be a variation of Black Lightning.

I really disklike how they neglected Samurai's YJ character Asami Koizumi.

I really don't like the characters I don't like their collective origins. I didn't like it in JLU and it wasn't much better in YJ. I prefer it if they had more exclusive origins.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TitanTempest

@xybernauts: I love the set-up you did for your comment/post. Looks awesome.

I loved the episode and love the fact they are bringing/adapting smaller heroes into a mainstream universe. It just sucks that YJ is to be canceled and these characters cant flourish on the show as much as I would like. I would like to consider the homo magi, as a factor of the meta gene because like you it bothers me a bit. So ill just adapt my thinking lol. Like you I think they could do a lil more with Asami, if they are going to change the gender of character, then add more of the original as inspiration.

What ticked me off the most about the episode, is the fact they made Static just a regular metahuman and not a "BangBaby". THAT should not be messed with at all it takes away from the uniqueness of the character like a "diamond in the rough." But its all a step in the right direction. Maybe the comics can take a tip or too for future progress.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#70  Edited By Teerack

Wonder Twins have potential to be cool.

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By AustinHasten

This has got to be for lulz. The Wonder Twins are hilariously juvenile.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no twins (tear down cheek)..... lol

CellarDweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CellarDweller

Hiya everyone.

I found the two TPB "Super Friends" books that contained reprints of the previously released comics. They didn't use all the issues, but one of the ones they picked had the story with the origin of the Wondr Twins. I uploaded pics to my computer, and I'll post them here for you. I've posted the links below, and the album is set as "public", so you should be able to see the images. When the image opens, at the bottom should be a magnifying glass to click to make it bigger.

http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/jakeheathfan/library/origin%20of%20woner%20twins?sort=3&page=1

CellarDweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, just so you know, I'm not sure if the pics are displaying in the right order, so I titled them by Page Number, so when the page opens, look for the titles to read to story in the right order.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cellardweller: Thank you very much Dweller, for putting the the time and effort! Yeah if they did use them in the New 52, they would need a major reboot, but that would be the fun in it. Very interesting scans, so again thank ya, thank ya

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

#77  Edited By DecoyElite
Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Web_Flotsam

The Wonder Twins are like the planateers. Their powers could be really good if they were more creative with them.

CellarDweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CellarDweller

You're welcome TT!
If anyone is really interested, I would be willing to do the same for the three issue arc that shows the twins first appearance on Earth, and how they replaced Wendy & Marvin.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@TitanTempest:

I've agreed with alot of the point you have brought up. I think they have alot of potential as characters. I personally love the version portrayed in Justice League Unlimited. Their costumes were awesome and they made lot of sense. If they did bring them back, I think it'd be great to see them in a team setting with the rest of the Ultimen. The twins might not be strong enough by themselves.

• Wind Dragon formerly known as Samurai
  • Juice formerly known as Black Vulcan
  • Long Shadow formerly known as Apache Chief
  • Downpour and Shifter formerly known as Zan and Jayna (The Wonder Twins)
No Caption Provided

Of course the core story needs a little tweaking though. They wouldn't be clones and they wouldn't be so greedy and selfish as the characters in the Justice League Unlimited. Also, I'd make all their powers revolve around magic to distinguish them from other characters in the DCU that have similar power sets. For example this would help distinguish Shifter from Beast Boy and distinguish Juice from Static Shock and Black Lightning. I've been reading Batwoman comics and the whole magic/occult angle seems to be working for her so....

@TitanTempest said:

@OmegaHans: Exactly, I think that given the right writer, these characters could flourish. Look at Aquaman, other people (not myself) always counted him as a joke, and while it is funny, he is now one of the biggest hits of the New 52. Like you said the writer must think about their powers. It wouldn't just be about picking up a truck with super strength or flying around the world, but their forms they would choose give the right situation, plus the right artist could have a lot of fun with the two of them, with awesome paneling.

Every character has the potential to be awesome if written the right way. Look at Thor and Iron Man and Avengers comics. To me, back in the 90's they used to be second rate when compared to the X-Men. Now their powerballers.

sojhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By sojhal

I think it's biggest mistake is that they have included Christianity and Greek mythology. Have you guys seen Constantine movie or wonder woman.

CellarDweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CellarDweller
No Caption Provided

Replying to an old thread, but it's topical now.

DC imprint Wonder Comics has revealed their new comics to be released in 2019. There will be a reboot of Young Justice, and a new monthly series for The Wonder Twins.

Here is the cover art for issue #1 of The Wonder Twins.