(DCEU) My theory is that Jason and Dick are the same.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Mongul

What with the picture of Richard Grayson's grave, which may have been fake, I'd just like to toss my two cents.

I think Dick Grayson essentially assumed Jason's role in the Batman mythos. He's still the Dick that we all know and love, but he was the first and only Robin that ended up being killed by Joker.

Batman never took a 2nd Robin, as he was rocked by grief and guilt.

This is also why there are only 2 suits in the Cave - Bruce's and the deceased Robin's.

Just what I think they're going for. Or, if not, my second theory is that Dick was in that building which collapsed in Metropolis. Hence his gravestone when we flash forward.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vinomonster

David Ayer said that everything that we all gonna see are canon (If I interpret it correctly the Joker killed Robin and that its Jason Todd not Dick not Tim). So the Robin is Jason. Dick and Tim might be existing in this world.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

nice theory btw

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also believe this is the case

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're right, @_mongul. I feel that the extensive histories/backstories comics fans take for granted would overwhelm casual viewers. It's simply easier to explain away a single Robin rather then shoehorn a handful of them into the role.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Very possible. A Robin is dead, and most of the general audience probably only think there was one anyway.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

I also believe this is the case

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not a bad theory.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Nightwing down the road.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I hate the same thought. Still hate it.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@eyedcyou: Yea there are comic fans that just say Robin is one of their favourite characters and when you say which one they look at you stupid haha. So wouldn't be surprised to learn that non comic readers only believe there to be one Robin.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

It's certainly a more tragic fall if Dick Grayson becomes the Red Hood than Jason.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's not even any support to this theory. Just a picture that someone probably made (very poorly). There's so many issues with the image itself. Grayson is WAAAY too old, WB has never removed the image when posted, the likelyhood of Snyder actually making the text on that stone instead of digitizing it is slim, etc.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

I've also suspected they might conflate the two, ever since the rumours and leaks a few months ago showing a grave with Richard Grayson on it.

They should just have Dick, Jason and Barbara in my opinion. I like Tim and Cassie, but they are comparably tangential. Damian could be introduced in a later film.

I also think that somebody important died in the building, my personal guess is Carrie Kelly, who was Bruce's personal assistant, but I could see it being Lucius Fox or Dick Grayson.

regie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like that's what they're doing.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could be right

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: i don't think Damien should be in dcco. Only Dick, Jason, and Barbara. It wouldn't make any sense for bruce to have another robin, especially his son, and jason died.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deaditegonzo

@youknowwhattodo said:

It's certainly a more tragic fall if Dick Grayson becomes the Red Hood than Jason.

I think OP is correct. OP seems to have drawn the same conclusions as myself.

That said, I keep seeing the above about Red Hood. I don't think there is more than a ghost of a chance that Red Hood will ever appear. People coming back from the dead thanks to Lazarus Pits and Retcon punches are one of the "weirder" things in comics, its very unlikely they add those plotlines to something made for mass consumption.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: i don't think Damien should be in dcco. Only Dick, Jason, and Barbara. It wouldn't make any sense for bruce to have another robin, especially his son, and jason died.

It wouldn't make any sense to start with an established Damian based on what we've seen, but like I said, I wouldn't mind him being introduced in a later solo Batman film.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I think OP is correct. OP seems to have drawn the same conclusions as myself.

That said, I keep seeing the above about Red Hood. I don't think there is more than a ghost of a chance that Red Hood will ever appear. People coming back from the dead thanks to Lazarus Pits and Retcon punches are one of the "weirder" things in comics, its very unlikely they add those plotlines to something made for mass consumption.

I don't know if the problem with Red Hood in the DCCU is that he wouldn't make sense, it's can WB introduce him and not have the masses believe that they're ripping off of CA:WS. I just don't think WB would want people to believe that their 2nd flagship franchise in the DCCU (aside from JL) steals from Captain America.

If they wanted to put Red Hood in the DCCU, I could see them meshing the UTRH storyline with The Dark Knight Strikes Again because in the latter, Dick Grayson does become the final villain for Batman and Bruce has to kill him.