DCAU or MCU, which one's better?

• 154 results
trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DCAU or MCU, which one's better? (263 votes)

DCAU! Batman and Justice League and for teh winz! 58%
MCU! Rober Downey Jr err... Iron Man and Avengers for teh awsumsauce! 42%

Which one did you felt was better executed, more better, and in the passage of time, more remembered?

Personally, I liked the DCAU better, with their Batman, and Batman Beyond., they introduced characters like Harley Quinn to the DC Universe and they managed to squeeze in a few obscure characters in their shows here and there.

• 
russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dcu. No contest except for 90's Spider-Man, avengers earth mightiest heros, n x-men shows

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By trebean

Dcu. No contest except for 90's Spider-Man, avengers earth mightiest heros, n x-men shows

We're comparing the DCAU to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then I'll have to go with mcu

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By novi_homines

Wait is this animated tv shows only?

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JulieDC

DCAU for sure. I love mcu but I hate waiting several years for the next sequel.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Square chin, instant win
Square chin, instant win

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle

DCAU easily.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait is this animated tv shows only?

For the DC Side only but you can't use their movies. Vice Versa for Marvel.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

The wording of the poll needs help, but I think I understand what it's asking. As a side note, I think most unbiased viewers would agree that DC animated safely destroys Marvel's animated offerings. They've been superior in almost every way, shape, and form.

But if you're pitting DC's animated vs. Marvel's live action, I think it really just comes down to personal preference. Personally I prefer Marvel's live action, even though it tends to sacrifice comic book "canon" more. It's more intense, entertaining, and memorable. Cartoons are great for Saturday mornings, but they're not something I really obsess over or buy popcorn for.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

The wording of the poll needs help, but I think I understand what it's asking. As a side note, I think most unbiased viewers would agree that DC animated safely destroys Marvel's animated offerings. They've been superior in almost every way, shape, and form.

But if you're pitting DC's animated vs. Marvel's live action, I think it really just comes down to personal preference. Personally I prefer Marvel's live action, even though it tends to sacrifice comic book "canon" more. It's more intense, entertaining, and memorable. Cartoons are great for Saturday mornings, but they're not something I really obsess over or buy popcorn for.

THIS.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a big accomplishment for film in general. What Marvel Studios achieved with it is far more impressive than the DCAU.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for DCAU. It has the advantage of being comprised of different TV series that follow one another in continuity. That means DCAU gives us more character development than any movie (or trilogy) could possibly offer. It also allows us to follow more than just a handful of characters throughout the years. I can point to way more epic events in a cartoon universe that has existed since the early 90s than I can in a movie universe that's five years. Both universes are good in quality, but longevity is the key here. To a person such as myself, an actor like Kevin Conroy (who's been Batman since 1992) is more iconic and memorable than RDJ, who's only been Iron Man since 2008.

This is coming from a person who has watched every tv series/episode/movie from the DCAU as well as all of the MCU movies. DCAU set the bar really high for how a superhero cartoon should be, and there's just no other cartoon within the genre that can compete with it. The only groundbreaking feat that MCU pulled off was putting the Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America movies into the same continuity so that they could make the Avengers.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DCAU I'd take it over any superhero universe comic, movie, tv, cartoon, etc.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course DCAU.

The DCAU I'd take it over any superhero universe comic, movie, tv, cartoon, etc.

And this^

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

MCU but I really like the DCAU

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Batman Beyond
  • Static
  • JLU
  • B:TAS

DCAU Easily.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:
  • Batman Beyond
  • Static
  • JLU
  • B:TAS

DCAU Easily.

No Caption Provided

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: Forgot..S:TAS is underrated compared to the rest.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WastelandMan  Online

Hard to compare these two different formats.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's comparing apples to oranges and I won't answer. Nope. Can't make me. I like them both and that's that.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's comparing apples to oranges and I won't answer. Nope. Can't make me. I like them both and that's that.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zaied

DCAU, definitely. Far more captivating storylines, better character development, and the universe felt bigger and more complete considering all the characters utilized.

That said, this isn't really a fair comparison. DCAU went on for 14 years with multiple shows, animated films, games, and comics. MCU doesn't have the comparable content with it just being confined to mostly a handful of 2 hour films.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DCAU was more consistent.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

DCAU is better than practically every cbm ever made imo.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If your comparing the DCAU as in DC Animated Universe to the MCU Marvel Cinematic Universe.Then Its kinda difficult to compare the two EUs sorta like apples and oranges, considering the fact that both are made for two different audiences. The MCU was made to appeal more to the global audiences abroad. And as such, its going to be presented in a much different format. Where as the DCAU was deigned for TV audiences specifically Americans and had fourteen years and countless episodes to prosper and excel both in terms of storytelling and magnitude. Where as the MCU has been around for only 7 or eight years which is roughly half the DCAU and the majority of its content is compacted into 2 hour feature length films compared to twenty 30 minute episodes per season. And its never really fair to compare film to television as both have a plethora of different tools at their disposal and both are really deigned to appeal to totally different markets. With that said i like both EUs and both have a special place in my heart for various different reasons. But if you were to compare the Marvel Animated Universe to the DC animated Universe, DC stomps no question. Especially now with DCs animated movie universe and the stuff their doing compared to Marvels current line of shows, its not even a fair fight lol. Marvel had some great shows like X-men tas and Spider-man tas, but DC overall released far more animated shows of top tier quality.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

Screw it, you can compare apples and oranges. Both are fruit, both make juice, both have seeds, both are round.

DCAU is better.

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw it, you can compare apples and oranges. Both are fruit, both make juice, both have seeds, both are round.

DCAU is better.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

I voted for DCAU. It has the advantage of being comprised of different TV series that follow one another in continuity. That means DCAU gives us more character development than any movie (or trilogy) could possibly offer. It also allows us to follow more than just a handful of characters throughout the years. I can point to way more epic events in a cartoon universe that has existed since the early 90s than I can in a movie universe that's five years. Both universes are good in quality, but longevity is the key here. To a person such as myself, an actor like Kevin Conroy (who's been Batman since 1992) is more iconic and memorable than RDJ, who's only been Iron Man since 2008.

This is coming from a person who has watched every tv series/episode/movie from the DCAU as well as all of the MCU movies. DCAU set the bar really high for how a superhero cartoon should be, and there's just no other cartoon within the genre that can compete with it. The only groundbreaking feat that MCU pulled off was putting the Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America movies into the same continuity so that they could make the Avengers.

I love you for posting this

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

I love you for posting this

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

DCAU, definitely. Far more captivating storylines, better character development, and the universe felt bigger and more complete considering all the characters utilized.

That said, this isn't really a fair comparison. DCAU went on for 14 years with multiple shows, animated films, games, and comics. MCU doesn't have the comparable content with it just being confined to mostly a handful of 2 hour films.

Agree with this. The DCAU has the advantage of time. Even then, I also tend to prefer TV shows which can provide more content than movies.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCAU is better.

No Caption Provided

That comparison thing lol

But yea I vote MCU

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35 Straight-Fire  Online

MCU.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

@supremegeneration: that saying always bugs me, they have a lot in common, lol.

But yeah, MCU is great too.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ganon15

DCAU stomps

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DCAU.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU is the best comic universe there is currently.

Also live-action >>>>>>> Animation

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

^Will disagree with you on this one. I think superheroes work better on paper or animated. So yeah, DCAU for me.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By modernww2fare

@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

Are you crazy?? By that logic Batman & Robin is better than Batman's animated movies

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Amonfire1776

The MCU because the DCAU had way too much batman for my liking...static (and gear) is by far the best DCAU charcter and had by far the best DCAU show...superman being a close second...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

Are you crazy?? By that logic Batman & Robin is better than Batman's animated movies

Good live-action movies > good animated movies.

No animated movie will ever be as good as the Dark Knight,TWS or Civil War for me. There is literally no way.

Batman and Robin is trash, but there are probably worse animated movies out there.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

Batman and Robin is trash.

Under the Red Hood > Just about every live action CBM

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:
@modernww2fare said:

Batman and Robin is trash.

Under the Red Hood > Just about every live action CBM

No Caption Provided

Lol hell no.

It was entertaining at best and thats basically all a animated movie can be imo.

IMDb gave it a 8,1/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not really fair the dcau was there for our childhood

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU is excellent. I love almost all of there movies. However, the them song to Justice League alone is better than the entire MCU.

Loading Video...

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCAU

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MCU. Superior complexity/depth and action.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 anthp2000  Moderator

DCAU ftw, but not because of Superman.