Posted by trebean (653 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: DCAU or MCU, which one's better? (31 votes)

DCAU! Batman and Justice League and for teh winz! 77%
MCU! Rober Downey Jr err... Iron Man and Avengers for teh awsumsauce! 23%

Which one did you felt was better executed, more better, and in the passage of time, more remembered?

Personally, I liked the DCAU better, with their Batman, and Batman Beyond., they introduced characters like Harley Quinn to the DC Universe and they managed to squeeze in a few obscure characters in their shows here and there.

#1 Posted by russellmania77 (15328 posts) - - Show Bio

Dcu. No contest except for 90's Spider-Man, avengers earth mightiest heros, n x-men shows

#2 Edited by trebean (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Dcu. No contest except for 90's Spider-Man, avengers earth mightiest heros, n x-men shows

We're comparing the DCAU to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (15328 posts) - - Show Bio

Then I'll have to go with mcu

#4 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait is this animated tv shows only?

#5 Edited by JulieDC (952 posts) - - Show Bio

DCAU for sure. I love mcu but I hate waiting several years for the next sequel.

#6 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
Square chin, instant win

#7 Edited by cattlebattle (12768 posts) - - Show Bio

DCAU easily.

#8 Posted by trebean (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait is this animated tv shows only?

For the DC Side only but you can't use their movies. Vice Versa for Marvel.

#9 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

The wording of the poll needs help, but I think I understand what it's asking. As a side note, I think most unbiased viewers would agree that DC animated safely destroys Marvel's animated offerings. They've been superior in almost every way, shape, and form.

But if you're pitting DC's animated vs. Marvel's live action, I think it really just comes down to personal preference. Personally I prefer Marvel's live action, even though it tends to sacrifice comic book "canon" more. It's more intense, entertaining, and memorable. Cartoons are great for Saturday mornings, but they're not something I really obsess over or buy popcorn for.

#10 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

The wording of the poll needs help, but I think I understand what it's asking. As a side note, I think most unbiased viewers would agree that DC animated safely destroys Marvel's animated offerings. They've been superior in almost every way, shape, and form.

But if you're pitting DC's animated vs. Marvel's live action, I think it really just comes down to personal preference. Personally I prefer Marvel's live action, even though it tends to sacrifice comic book "canon" more. It's more intense, entertaining, and memorable. Cartoons are great for Saturday mornings, but they're not something I really obsess over or buy popcorn for.

THIS.

#11 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (453 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a big accomplishment for film in general. What Marvel Studios achieved with it is far more impressive than the DCAU.

#12 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for DCAU. It has the advantage of being comprised of different TV series that follow one another in continuity. That means DCAU gives us more character development than any movie (or trilogy) could possibly offer. It also allows us to follow more than just a handful of characters throughout the years. I can point to way more epic events in a cartoon universe that has existed since the early 90s than I can in a movie universe that's five years. Both universes are good in quality, but longevity is the key here. To a person such as myself, an actor like Kevin Conroy (who's been Batman since 1992) is more iconic and memorable than RDJ, who's only been Iron Man since 2008.

This is coming from a person who has watched every tv series/episode/movie from the DCAU as well as all of the MCU movies. DCAU set the bar really high for how a superhero cartoon should be, and there's just no other cartoon within the genre that can compete with it. The only groundbreaking feat that MCU pulled off was putting the Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America movies into the same continuity so that they could make the Avengers.

#13 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

The DCAU I'd take it over any superhero universe comic, movie, tv, cartoon, etc.