Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#151  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@dbvse7 said:

@petey_is_spidey: I already mentioned it's more than just making money.. so ok to MCU response?

Obviously you two really don't understand that it's more than just an opinion, coming from experience lyricist who have evolved with a culture. Those experts know what they're talking about more than anyone on here does.

I would take Eminems, Talib Kwalis, and Jay Zs words seriously when it comes to acknowledging skill when they see it. Again it's like saying they don't know what they're talking about. Which is foolish.

No ones saying that they don't know what they're talking about, but even in all their experience and wisdom in the rap game, what they consider a masterpiece, others might consider garbage, and vice versa. It's all a matter of the viewers choice. How "good" something is all opinion, no matter who's saying it. Something being "good" or "bad" can never, and will never be a fact, no matter where it's coming from. Sure, Jay-Z's opinion on an up and coming rap artist's talent will hold more weight than mines or yours, or our opinion on CBM will weight than his, but at the end of the day it's just opinion. Get it?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Was anyone expecting BvS to be a light-hearted, family-friendly adventure movie? If so, then I think you may have a problem with pattern recognition.

WB just came off the monumental success of the Dark Knight series and perhaps they want to differentiate themselves from kiddie-friendly fare that Marvel makes. They already know that people will pay in droves to see a more realistic, less whimsical take on superheroes. Based on MoS, the DCCU will be a spritual successor to TDK series.

Personally, I like the direction that the movie is going based off the trailer. The first chunk of the trailer dealt with how the world responds to the emergence of superhumans, which frankly is a pretty damn interesting thing. In MoS, not only did people learn that there are aliens able to easily destroy humanity, but one of them claims to be humanity's protector. If that happened in real life, every single person in the world would be concerned about Superman's motives and intentions. Most superhero stories, the world just passively accepts the existance of god-like beings. I like that that issue is being discussed rather than swept under the rug in favour of just another adventure.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warner Bro's dark tone in their films really differs itself from Marvel's, which is why I kind of like it more.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warner Bro's dark tone in their films really differs itself from Marvel's, which is why I kind of like it more.

So just being different from Marvel is good enough for you? I can kinda see that.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:

So just being different from Marvel is good enough for you? I can kinda see that.

In an industry when everyone flocks to the same formula that works, yes, something different is good.

Not only that but I tend to like darker, more serious, and more realistic films anyways, regardless of who made 'em.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: I never said I didn't get it.. it just doesn't matter what someone on comic site thinks compared to them on the subject of lyricism. :P

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a hard time to believe that experienced executives, directors, writers, producers and all have no idea of what they are doing with their product. Maybe they are doing something that you don't like but that's a different thing. Maybe you are the one that have no idea of what they are doing with BvS. They are making money.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided