With WB/DC saying they would be reinventing Batman after The Dark Knight Rises, I've realized that translating comic book characters (especially ones from the DCU) can be a bit difficult. Part of the difficulty lies in the film makers willingness to please the fans about certain things (or everything i.e Green Lantern) by staying "true" to the characters and fans unwillingness to let go.
My question to the fans is this: at what point is the line between film maker creative control and pleasing the fans drawn?
In this topic I give you a few film properties from DC that I think would lead to a Justice League film. Your task as fans is to give your opinion on what you think you simply can't live without and what you're willing to let go:
Example: Blue Beetle. Need it: Jamie Reyes and a mention of Ted Kord. Let go: Scarab being magical (it can be an artificial intelligence i.e. Young Justice).
Thanks for your opinions.
- Superman- Man of Steel is being released next year, what do you hope to see? A mention of the DCU perhaps?
- Batman- After Rises, how do you want the WB/DC to reinvent the Dark Knight? More of a human anomaly like Morrison has suggested?
- Wonder Woman- I like What Azzarello is doing honestly. What take on Diana should hit the big screen?
- Green Lantern- With Green Lantern barely making budget, what can enhance this fledgling franchise?
- The Flash- Silver Age origin? TV series origin tweaked to film? Geoff Johns modern take (murdered mom/framed father)? Wally West?
- Aquaman- What goes, what stays?
- Martian Manhunter- Should he even get a film?
- Justice League-