Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

No Caption Provided

How do these companies get the nerve? The bat has been the logo of their city since the 13th century(That is like 800 years) and the logo of the football club almost since their inception... That is way before DC even existed, One would think that Valencia should be suing DC. This mainly happens with american corporations, I mean honestly... They freakin sue everything, Just because something looks similar it does not mean you can sue.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

-Tt- Dumbest thing I've heard all week.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I see DC have a monopoly on bats...

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JulieDC

Unless DC has the copyright over the actual bat itself, I don't see how they have a case if anything, Valencia should be countersuing DC. I guess lawsuits are a great money making strategy than actually selling comics otherwise why create problems where none exist? Its like a big bully that knows he couldn't fight if confronted by his equal so they target little guys that wouldn't know any different and use their size to scare them into giving up their money.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Hah... Can you imagine Warner bros copyrighting all felines because of thundercats, How far can these people go

DC will probably go against bacardi next

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@juliedc said:

Unless DC has the copyright over the actual bat itself, I don't see how they have a case if anything, Valencia should be countersuing DC. I guess lawsuits are a great money making strategy than actually selling comics otherwise why create problems where none exist? Its like a big bully that knows he couldn't fight if confronted so they target the poor little guy that wouldn't know any different and use his size to scare them into giving the bully his money.

My thoughts exactly.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MakkyD

@crash_ said:

@maccyd said:

Hah... Can you imagine Warner bros copyrighting all felines because of thundercats, How far can these people go

DC will probably go against bacardi next

No Caption Provided

I'd imagine Zoos would be another target.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MakkyD

@juliedc said:

Unless DC has the copyright over the actual bat itself, I don't see how they have a case if anything, Valencia should be countersuing DC. I guess lawsuits are a great money making strategy than actually selling comics otherwise why create problems where none exist? Its like a big bully that knows he couldn't fight if confronted by his equal so they target little guys that wouldn't know any different and use their size to scare them into giving up their money.

Football clubs are big businesses, these guys regularly deal in 10s of millions for players. While, Valencia may not the be the biggest, I'd imagine it'd still be big enough to fight back, especially against such a ridiculous claim. As somewhat similar to what the OP stated, this is an example of American companies underestimating European ones imo.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fil123

proof?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123 said:

proof?

Google it.

Valencia have close to a 200m dollar yearly revenue(So not that small actually )... If Valencia decide not to let this thing go and countersue, I think DC will be in trouble here. I can't see them winning it.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Let's not forget that after the release of The Dark Knight, the Mayor of Batman, Turkey tried to sue Christopher Nolan for "unauthorized use of the city's name".

Not only that, but apparently he also blamed Nolan for elevated crime rates in the city.

I think this one has it beat, though.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sovereign91001

Ugh...why DC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...why DC?

Maybe they think that this logo looks better than any of the batman ones so they want to take it from Valencia haha :P

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

if you posted a source, it would be noted that dc are suing them over a new redesign, not the fact that it's a bat itself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

if you posted a source, it would be noted that dc are suing them over a new redesign, not the fact that it's a bat itself

It is a logo dispute nonetheless and i would not call it a redesign, It is the old logo flipped.

No Caption Provided

Yeah... See my point, Flip Valencias old logo on the back and you get the current logo. DC have no right to sue here, They should've done some research.

Or here is another example:

No Caption Provided

You can use that image on the front, But if you took a back picture of the bat, DC will sue you for stealing their logo.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The design does look completely like the Batman Beyond design only except the ears.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

The design does look completely like the Batman Beyond design only except the ears.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You are a complete tool. The world does not revolve around batman you know that?

No Caption Provided

Here is the bacardi logo painted black(ms paint :P)Now DC can sue them, Even though they have been using that logo for 150 years.

Here is the difference between the old valencia bat and the new one, Same shit colored black. DC are just trying to get money out of nowhere

No Caption Provided
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RustyRoy

@crash_ said:

@rustyroy said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You are a complete tool. The world does not revolve around batman you know that?

No Caption Provided

Here is the bacardi logo painted black(ms paint :P)Now DC can sue them, Even though they have been using that logo for 150 years.

Here is the difference between the old valencia bat and the new one, Same shit colored black. DC are just trying to get money out of nowhere

No Caption Provided

And you are a complete fool. The logo in question is this one

No Caption Provided

And it does have a lot similarity with the Beyond symbol than an actual bat. Also to those who say DC does't own Bats, Apple doesn't own apples but they do own the logo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@crash_ said:

@rustyroy said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And it does have a lot similarity with the Beyond symbol than an actual bat. Also to those who say DC does't own Bats, Apple doesn't own apples but they do own the logo.

No Caption Provided

The logo you are using is not real. These are Valencias emblems, They have actually had the current the logo you are talking about before batman beyond

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_ said:

@rustyroy said:

@crash_ said:

@rustyroy said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The logo you are using is not real. These are Valencias emblems, They have actually had the current the logo you are talking about before batman beyond

#get rekt

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. Fu*k soccer.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Black_Arrow

@crash_ said:

@rustyroy said:

@crash_ said:

@rustyroy said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The logo in discussion aren´t any of those that you posted it is the one that Rusty is saying (that is at least what I found in all the newspapers). It is a new logo that Valencia C.F was trying to registrate.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Next time they will sue all the people with the Wayne last name and Kent Last name.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@crash_ said:

@rustyroy said:

@crash_ said:

@rustyroy said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The logo in discussion aren´t any of those that you posted it is the one that Rusty is saying (that is at least what I found in all the newspapers). It is a new logo that Valencia C.F was trying to registrate.

Which newspapers? From the american media? The only logos that are valid are those on Valencias actual kit and even if Valencias logo was a bat flying with its wings spread upwards it would still not be a copyright infringement because that is how bats look like when they're flying.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By AwesomePerson

Has DC lost it???