#1 Posted by Enoch25 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge fan of the battle forums but the Marvel vs. DC battles always seem lopsided. Should we just agree what the heavy hitter of DC are just stronger than marvel powerhouses or do PIS feats make logical battles impossible. No favoritism, just curios.

#2 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

DC powerhouses are generally stronger than marvels.

#3 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobbernos said:

this

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

nope! How absurd!

#5 Posted by marvelbeast (599 posts) - - Show Bio

i think marvel has strong powerhouses they just are as popular/mainstream as dc

#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

On Earth? Usually, yeah.

#7 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

For the most part, yes.

#8 Posted by Sharkbite (288 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Main Characters tend to be stronger than Marvel Main Characters.

Marvel has it's fair share of Sentry/Hyperion/Silver Surfer level insanely powerful characters that could go toe to toe with Superman.

Wolverine, Spiderman, and Iron Man are not those guys though.

For some reason, DC Comics seem to love headlining characters that have high power levels (Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman) which is a bit odd because their consistantly top selling titles according to Diamond Distributing are usually Batman related.

Marvel on the other hand tends to bring it down so it's big titles showcase a lower power level. The big whompum super powerful guys in Marvel trend toward the Villain side, to give reason for several of those mid-level powered heroes to team up against the one superior foe.

Neither way is really right or wrong, but they both play to a slightly differant audience. If you're a fan of huge powerful cosmic-y stuff, you're probably happier in DC and only enjoy a few of the fringe Marvel titles like Nova. If you're a fan of the more street level heroes in the low power setting, you can dig a lot of the Marvel main titles, but come DC side you probably will rarely venture beyond Batman.

#9 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobbernos said:

#10 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's generally true, but not as lop-sided as some think. Thor can go head-to-head with Superman. (Who would actually win is a matter of much debate.) Most seem to believe the Surfer could beat any GL. (probably true.) I think the one main advantage most DC "Powerhouses" have over Marvels is speed. Save maybe Thor and SS types. Superman, WW, GL and of course, Flash are all much faster, and couldn't be touched, much less damaged by many Marvel characters.

#11 Posted by jwalser3 (4411 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

I think it's generally true, but not as lop-sided as some think. Thor can go head-to-head with Superman. (Who would actually win is a matter of much debate.) Most seem to believe the Surfer could beat any GL. (probably true.) I think the one main advantage most DC "Powerhouses" have over Marvels is speed. Save maybe Thor and SS types. Superman, WW, GL and of course, Flash are all much faster, and couldn't be touched, much less damaged by many Marvel characters.

Well said.

#12 Posted by Enoch25 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Manwhohaseverything really got to the heart of the issue. The speed blitz argument is always a factor in battle threads (even though it's very rare in my experience for heros to rush in and take the bad guys out in the blink of an eye). It makes it very difficult to create balanced battles. It kinda takes the fun out of it. ...Just my opinion.

#13 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sharkbite said:

Marvel has it's fair share of Sentry/Hyperion/Silver Surfer level insanely powerful characters that could go toe to toe with Superman.

For some reason, DC Comics seem to love headlining characters that have high power levels (Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman) which is a bit odd because their consistantly top selling titles according to Diamond Distributing are usually Batman related.

Marvel on the other hand tends to bring it down so it's big titles showcase a lower power level. The big whompum super powerful guys in Marvel trend toward the Villain side, to give reason for several of those mid-level powered heroes to team up against the one superior foe.

Neither way is really right or wrong, but they both play to a slightly differant audience. If you're a fan of huge powerful cosmic-y stuff, you're probably happier in DC and only enjoy a few of the fringe Marvel titles like Nova. If you're a fan of the more street level heroes in the low power setting, you can dig a lot of the Marvel main titles, but come DC side you probably will rarely venture beyond Batman.

Gold. Pure gold.

#14 Posted by JoeEddie (481 posts) - - Show Bio

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Sharkbite said:

Gold. Pure gold.

I concur

#15 Edited by Strider92 (15259 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's powerlevel seems comparative to Marvel's intelligence level.

#16 Posted by InnerAssassin (299 posts) - - Show Bio

DC men are stronger.

#17 Posted by Enoch25 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense to any fans but I think DC character's strength flucuates dramatically depending on the story and writer (more so than Marvel). Some of their feats are ridiculously PIS and are then quoted by fans like scripture. I've seen WW struggle to lift a bridge then the next thing you know she's moving 1/3 of the planet. Just my opinion.

#18 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4358 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeEddie said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Sharkbite said:

Gold. Pure gold.

I concur

#19 Posted by GhostRider2 (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#20 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

1- DC's most known and out there characters are usually the powerhouses while that doesnt happen as often with Marvel

2-it's mainly a difference in speed, as already said, that makes most battles onesided.

3- DC when giving characters feats always uses more tangible or quantifiable date even if it's completelly overblown and exagerated, while for reasons of different artistic view Marvel uses a more metaphoric or analogical/transductive reference to their character's abilities and feats

#21 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enoch25 said:

No offense to any fans but I think DC character's strength flucuates dramatically depending on the story and writer (more so than Marvel). Some of their feats are ridiculously PIS and are then quoted by fans like scripture. I've seen WW struggle to lift a bridge then the next thing you know she's moving 1/3 of the planet.

Just my opinion.

It depends on which version of the character you're reading. Some versions are more powerful than others

#22 Posted by Skyfather (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this thread. Also, it seems to me that while DC headlines stronger "powerhouses", the celestial/god tier in Marvel are in fact much more powerful than DC equivalents.