DC strong guys are stronger than Marvel?

Enoch25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Enoch25

I'm a huge fan of the battle forums but the Marvel vs. DC battles always seem lopsided. Should we just agree what the heavy hitter of DC are just stronger than marvel powerhouses or do PIS feats make logical battles impossible. No favoritism, just curios.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jobbernos

DC powerhouses are generally stronger than marvels.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

@jobbernos said:

this

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

nope! How absurd!

marvelbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By marvelbeast

i think marvel has strong powerhouses they just are as popular/mainstream as dc

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

On Earth? Usually, yeah.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheDude123

For the most part, yes.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sharkbite

DC Main Characters tend to be stronger than Marvel Main Characters.

Marvel has it's fair share of Sentry/Hyperion/Silver Surfer level insanely powerful characters that could go toe to toe with Superman.

Wolverine, Spiderman, and Iron Man are not those guys though.

For some reason, DC Comics seem to love headlining characters that have high power levels (Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman) which is a bit odd because their consistantly top selling titles according to Diamond Distributing are usually Batman related.

Marvel on the other hand tends to bring it down so it's big titles showcase a lower power level. The big whompum super powerful guys in Marvel trend toward the Villain side, to give reason for several of those mid-level powered heroes to team up against the one superior foe.

Neither way is really right or wrong, but they both play to a slightly differant audience. If you're a fan of huge powerful cosmic-y stuff, you're probably happier in DC and only enjoy a few of the fringe Marvel titles like Nova. If you're a fan of the more street level heroes in the low power setting, you can dig a lot of the Marvel main titles, but come DC side you probably will rarely venture beyond Batman.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@jobbernos said:

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think it's generally true, but not as lop-sided as some think. Thor can go head-to-head with Superman. (Who would actually win is a matter of much debate.) Most seem to believe the Surfer could beat any GL. (probably true.) I think the one main advantage most DC "Powerhouses" have over Marvels is speed. Save maybe Thor and SS types. Superman, WW, GL and of course, Flash are all much faster, and couldn't be touched, much less damaged by many Marvel characters.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By jwalser3

@Manwhohaseverything said:

I think it's generally true, but not as lop-sided as some think. Thor can go head-to-head with Superman. (Who would actually win is a matter of much debate.) Most seem to believe the Surfer could beat any GL. (probably true.) I think the one main advantage most DC "Powerhouses" have over Marvels is speed. Save maybe Thor and SS types. Superman, WW, GL and of course, Flash are all much faster, and couldn't be touched, much less damaged by many Marvel characters.

Well said.

Enoch25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enoch25

I think Manwhohaseverything really got to the heart of the issue. The speed blitz argument is always a factor in battle threads (even though it's very rare in my experience for heros to rush in and take the bad guys out in the blink of an eye). It makes it very difficult to create balanced battles. It kinda takes the fun out of it. ...Just my opinion.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@Sharkbite said:

Marvel has it's fair share of Sentry/Hyperion/Silver Surfer level insanely powerful characters that could go toe to toe with Superman.

For some reason, DC Comics seem to love headlining characters that have high power levels (Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman) which is a bit odd because their consistantly top selling titles according to Diamond Distributing are usually Batman related.

Marvel on the other hand tends to bring it down so it's big titles showcase a lower power level. The big whompum super powerful guys in Marvel trend toward the Villain side, to give reason for several of those mid-level powered heroes to team up against the one superior foe.

Neither way is really right or wrong, but they both play to a slightly differant audience. If you're a fan of huge powerful cosmic-y stuff, you're probably happier in DC and only enjoy a few of the fringe Marvel titles like Nova. If you're a fan of the more street level heroes in the low power setting, you can dig a lot of the Marvel main titles, but come DC side you probably will rarely venture beyond Batman.

Gold. Pure gold.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoeEddie

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Sharkbite said:

Gold. Pure gold.

I concur

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992

DC's powerlevel seems comparative to Marvel's intelligence level.

InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerAssassin

DC men are stronger.

Enoch25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Enoch25

No offense to any fans but I think DC character's strength flucuates dramatically depending on the story and writer (more so than Marvel). Some of their feats are ridiculously PIS and are then quoted by fans like scripture. I've seen WW struggle to lift a bridge then the next thing you know she's moving 1/3 of the planet. Just my opinion.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Yung ANcient One
@JoeEddie said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Sharkbite said:

Gold. Pure gold.

I concur

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ghostrider2

Nope.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Jorgevy

1- DC's most known and out there characters are usually the powerhouses while that doesnt happen as often with Marvel

2-it's mainly a difference in speed, as already said, that makes most battles onesided.

3- DC when giving characters feats always uses more tangible or quantifiable date even if it's completelly overblown and exagerated, while for reasons of different artistic view Marvel uses a more metaphoric or analogical/transductive reference to their character's abilities and feats

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternal19

@Enoch25 said:

No offense to any fans but I think DC character's strength flucuates dramatically depending on the story and writer (more so than Marvel). Some of their feats are ridiculously PIS and are then quoted by fans like scripture. I've seen WW struggle to lift a bridge then the next thing you know she's moving 1/3 of the planet.

Just my opinion.

It depends on which version of the character you're reading. Some versions are more powerful than others

Skyfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Skyfather

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this thread. Also, it seems to me that while DC headlines stronger "powerhouses", the celestial/god tier in Marvel are in fact much more powerful than DC equivalents.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC characters do tend to be stronger than Marvel's..Guys like Icon, Mon El, and Spartan could easily outpower Thing, Ultimate Colossus, Wonderman, and Strong Guy..Wondet Man is said to be close to Thor in Strength and i know Icon and Mon El are stronger than him..Wonder Man is probably about equal to Spartan in strength; give or take.Ultraman and Superman are both stronger than Thor and Hercules.More than likely Sentry and hulk as well..Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Powergirl are well above She hulk, Red She hulk, and Ms Marvel in strength..The next lower level Donna Troy Big Barda, and Wonder Girl are probably close in strength to Marvel's female powerhouses..actually the three of them wiuld be stronger than Ms Marvel..

Marvel does tend to match up better when it comes to some super villians..Juggernaut and Abomination are a power house combo and if you put them in a UFC octagon against Ultraman and Black Adam; well that would be a good Pay Per View Rumble .Juggernaut and Abomination are more than ready to take on Ultraman and Black Adam..Of course, Ultraman and Black Adam could use their powers to go toe to toe w/Juggernaut and Abomination, despite the fact that Juggernaut and Abomination are larger than them..in the end, I would take DC's Ultraman and Black Adam but that is my opionin..

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kgb725

Marvel has stronger street level guys and highter abstract like entities everything else Is pretty much dc

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think someone else already pointed this out, but it's solely just because marvels more popular characters are street level and slightly above while DC's are huge power houses. People like blue marvel and sentry could easily go toe to toe with wonder woman or supes. They're just not popular so people don't include them in battle threads.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BRAX

Well Sentry most certainly could battle Wonder Woman and Supes and score a win or two..All characters both DC and Marvel take losses from time to time..Blue Marvel however: I like the guy but he would get smashed out by Wonder Woman or Superman..It wouldn't even be close..I said this before..Blue Marvel deserves an upgrade from Marvel..Sentry: well he is doing good and his popularity is growing by the hour...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally but there are exceptions like Thor and sentry and silver surfer

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more note..For as big as Strong Guy is his average strength lifting level is about 50 tons. he can however, channel enough Kinetic energy to lift over 100 tons, but this strength usually doesn't last long..With that kind of name; you would think Marvel would upgrade his strength level to something close to at least Red hulk or Abomination..The same with Luke Cage. The guy has unbreakable skin and his strength lifting level is 25 tons? Marvel should at least upgrade him to about 70-75 tons worth of strength level..STEP IT UP MARVEL...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me explain something

Alfred Pennyworth>>>>>>>>The whole DC and Marvel Universe together

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Contrary to popular belief that most outsiders regard DC characters as overpowered, from what I've been reading in the battle forums many on the Vine consider high-end Marvel characters as being more powerful than DC characters sometimes regarding them as weaklings even though I personally believe that too.

In terms of strength I'd rank Marvel strong guys over DC strong guys as many people on the Vine seem to have put it. Hulk, demi-gods, cosmic beings are somewhat stronger because they easily bust planets. That's just what I've seen so far from reading the battle forums.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk tends to be Marvel's strongest there is and i would easily put Superman ahead of him(and Sentry)..Hercules is next and i would probably put him and Capt Marvel about equal..Thor and Wonder Woman are about equal(WW might get my skight vote)..After that, Marvel has a huge drop off in strength..Wonder Man is said to be close to Thor in strength..I would easily put Martian Manhuter, Mon El, Superboy,Icon, Supergirl, and Powergirl ahead of him. Wonder Man is probably around Captain Atom's strength level; which is still great considering they are both over the 100 ton mark.. The next level of Marvel heavy hitters such as Red Hulk, A-bomb, and She Hulk are all 100tonners but they dont match up well against DC's heavy hitters..As far as strength goes..fighting is a totally different story..Though i would still go with DC in most of the battle match ups..

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have equal levels of powerhouses, DC just tends to have more of them.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me explain something

Alfred Pennyworth is also secretly going to be the Arkham Knight for sh*ts and giggles xD yup, Alfred>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Presence and TOAA

Avatar image for thedarkknightreturns5
thedarkknightreturns5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of them are but marvel has tons more OP people. For example, dc s most powerful guy is probably dr manhattan or Darkseid , marvel has people like galactus, thanos(with the infinity gauntlet) and all the other gods...

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BRAX

Well Marvel at times dose have more powerful high ranking guys.So really you could look at it going hand and hand. But i think this was mainly pointing the finger towards strength levels characters. What is funny is while i was naming off DC heavy hitters i totally forgot about other such as Geo-Force, Spartan, and Mr.Majestic. These three also could make an argument for being just as strong if not stronger than a lot of Marvel heavy hitters such as Wonder Man, Thor, and Hercules.Especially seeing that Mr. Majestic is pretty high up their in overall strength. He may even deserve to at least be tied up there with Thor, and Wonder Woman. He and the other three just aren't as popular as the likes of Thor or Hercules. But others such as Thing, Colossus, Red She hulk; well they would have to take a back seat to mid-tier powerhouses such as Big Barda, Donna Troy, and even Wonder Girl.Heck Citizen Steel is also pretty dang strong but because he isn't as popular as others, you hardly hear about him.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel may have more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhunter89 said:

Let me explain something

Alfred Pennyworth is also secretly going to be the Arkham Knight for sh*ts and giggles xD yup, Alfred>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Presence and TOAA

lol

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of them are but marvel has tons more OP people. For example, dc s most powerful guy is probably dr manhattan or Darkseid , marvel has people like galactus, thanos(with the infinity gauntlet) and all the other gods...

No, Darkseid is really not that powerful. DC's most powerful would be Lucifer Morningstar and he's so badass, he doesn't need an item to augment his powers. Vertigo had the most powerful characters in the DCU

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You just saved me a lot of time bro. excellent post.

Marvel has its share of power houses. There are those that have planet busting strength and super speed/ reaction time.

Here are some that could tangle with both Superman and any Green Lantern IMO.

(I might just do a battle lol)

• Surfer
  • Sentry
  • Captain Universe
  • Quasar
  • Starbrand
  • Thor
  • Beta Ray Bill
  • Adam Warlock
  • Nova Prime
  • Genis-Vell
  • Pulsar/Photon
  • Gladiator
  • Blue Marvel
  • Hyperion

Other power houses i forgot like Doc Strange, Ghost Rider, Binary

DC Powerhouses

• Alan Scott
  • Superman
  • WW
  • Majestic
  • Martian
  • Shazam
  • Atom
  • Ikon
  • Hal
  • Kyle
  • John
  • Orion
  • Superboy
  • Aquaman

Doc Fate, Power girl, Super girl

Plz add to the list so we can get a clear picture.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Greendevil
BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for DC you left out Donna Troy, Mon El, Wonder Girl, Spartan, Citizen Steel, and Steel. I am pretty sure their are more that I can' think of right now